Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

CWR

Reaction score
I’m all about the team and getting your money. I’d rather our best players get their money then spending it on the Jaylin Smith’s of the world…oops.

The irony of you discussing anything relative to intelligence is wild though with some of the stupidity you push out on this site.
I've slowly come around to the players getting paid. It's never been against them. It's the whole pie thing. However, the realization the pie is always going to shrink to whatever size the Joneses want has hit hard. Even if we saved a ton of money they probably wouldn't bother to upgrade any positions via FA, so screw them. Let em bleed out.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So is this a take for a higher salary cap or just individual players should get as much as they can? Because this seems like more of an argument for a higher salary cap (absolutely, by the way), but as a fan of a team, why should anyone root for an individual player to get as much as they can.. unless it's for a rival as to screw their cap situation.
But seriously ...... these billionaire owners could triple the salary cap if they wanted ....... yet they pretend they are hampered buy it ...... and convince low IQ fans that its the players who are greedy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the "TV experts" that pretend to be somehow emotionally vested and affected by what a high-profile sports athlete does are nothing more than curmudgeons and frauds.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kyle Brant is an idiot. I’m not saying he’s 100% wrong. But I can’t stand him.
he's a Fraud. Think of the TV experts as actors and actresses then you can understand better that they have a job to do. He is the heel on this matter. Yes, they really have preshow production meetings that discuss which role or side these talking heads will take. It's a fact. Its all-Kabuki Theatre to put on a good show for ratings. It's the business. I pay no mind to him or his ilk because I haven't watched his network or Espn for 10 years. So, I'm good.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't put the blame on one player. We lose in the postseason because our teams are mentally soft, out coached and not prepared for big moments. It's a systematic problem and not on one player.
If the team is mentally soft can we then say that Dak Prescott who is part of said team is mentally soft? Furthermore, this dude is supposedly the leader in the locker room. Who or what is he leading if the team is mentally soft? Yea, the entire game can't be dropped on the head of one guy. It does however bear pointing out to when said guy who is supposedly the QB of your team - arguably the most important position on the team - is weak and ineffectual. I get that people will throw out his stats - it's meaningless because when it matters he is nowhere to be found.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I've slowly come around to the players getting paid. It's never been against them. It's the whole pie thing. However, the realization the pie is always going to shrink to whatever size the Joneses want has hit hard. Even if we saved a ton of money they probably wouldn't bother to upgrade any positions via FA, so screw them. Let em bleed out.
And that's why I don't go after players about money because the ownership won't do anything with it anyway.

StarLord

Reaction score
But seriously ...... these billionaire owners could triple the salary cap if they wanted ....... yet they pretend they are hampered buy it ...... and convince low IQ fans that its the players who are greedy.
Yeah, I'd support an increase in cap.. though I'd rather them offer cheaper streaming through the nfl app and/or lower ticket prices.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
If the team is mentally soft can we then say that Dak Prescott who is part of said team is mentally soft? Furthermore, this dude is supposedly the leader in the locker room. Who or what is he leading if the team is mentally soft? Yea, the entire game can't be dropped on the head of one guy. It does however bear pointing out to when said guy who is supposedly the QB of your team - arguably the most important position on the team - is weak and ineffectual. I get that people will throw out his stats - it's meaningless because when it matters he is nowhere to be found.
Yes he is mentally soft in the playoffs. Yes he is a leader. Who does the leader turn to when they're struggling?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tripling the salary cap would be ineffective. The salary cap has annually increased almost every year single its creation with the current collective bargaining agreement format. Player salaries have kept pace with the increases.

Subsequently, tripling the cap will triple salaries. An alternative hedge, to the owners (and NFLPA) self-imposed nonsense, would be instituting compensation exceptions like the NBA's Larry Bird stipulation.

It is highly unlikely to happen though. The perpetually reinforced parity system agrees with both the owners and union's wishes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
he's a Fraud. Think of the TV experts as actors and actresses then you can understand better that they have a job to do. He is the heel on this matter. Yes, they really have preshow production meetings that discuss which role or side these talking heads will take. It's a fact. It’s all-Kabuki Theatre to put on a good show for ratings. It's the business. I pay no mind to him or his ilk because I haven't watched his network or Espn for 10 years. So, I'm good.
Hes the Dak Prescott of TV personalities.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly, you know what he is. Not elite not the worst, also not good enough to win a SB by himself. Jerry probably knows Dak has it in him to play better in the playoffs, but for some odd reason he chokes huge. Jerry and myself are totally fine if he chokes again. That just means we move on to another QB...but if he totally surprises me and plays like Tom Brady for 3 playoff games and makes it to a SB, or even better, wins it. I give him whatever contract he wants.
That’s fine I just think that’s poor uses of managing your cap. If you have questions or him winning a SB you should move on.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what the reaction would be if Dak had said "I'm in it for the money" instead.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Two separate things. I think most people are tired of & see thru the cliches of all athletes, entertainers, etc.. His supposed legendary "leadership" being one of them.

I don't think people were really harping on that though. It was you saying he didn't and had never said it. I'm just being honest. That came off as a pretty wild statement to defend him.
I don’t look at it as defending him. The statement made was he claims to be a leader and role model. It’s just harping on anything Dak related. Some of these guys do it regardless. When people called him out for giving to charity I knew what we were dealing with.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what the reaction would be if Dak had said "I'm in it for the money" instead.
Probably the exact same reaction as the current one. Nothing is stopping anyone from speaking with the media. That is especially true for professional athletes.

However, pre-evaluating what will be said publicly is something every person should do when a mic is thrust into their face. The public judges what comes out of peoples' mouths. And how they shall interpret what is said will be processed through the lenses of their own life experience..

In this particular instance, there are a tens of millions potential listeners and readers, who have miniscule annual earnings by comparison to what Dak Prescott has and could yet still be compensated. Most of these people will take what Kyle Brandt and he both said and run with it negatively for that reason.

Prescott receives more than enough backlash for his fame and fortune. The NFL is a business and he is getting his bank according to how much his employer wants. Most of the grief is misdirected at him. He is not paying himself. That said, stating wealth is not his motivation can and has been interpreted as shallow. He appears to be flaunting his good fortune. That will never be a good thing--regardless how he may actually feel his words should mean.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m talking about Dak. When has he claimed any of this stuff?
I don't think the post you were referring to said Dak said these things, and neither did I. I (and I believe the other poster) were talking about the CZers and media people who say that very frequently.

You, yourself said something to the effect of, "Nobody ever said that.".