Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on, big deal if he misses the playoffs, is Lebron that much of a baby that he can't endure one down year? Maybe he should of stayed in Cleveland if thats the case. Weakness is not a trait much admired.
For someone who values his legacy as much as he does, yes its gonna be a very big deal

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on, big deal if he misses the playoffs, is Lebron that much of a baby that he can't endure one down year? Maybe he should of stayed in Cleveland if thats the case. Weakness is not a trait much admired.
And whats the point of signing him if you arent going to put a contending team around him?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
For someone who values his legacy as much as he does, yes its gonna be a very big deal
And whats the point of signing him if you arent going to put a contending team around him?
His legacy will not be diminished in anyway for missing the playoffs in his 1st year playing in the WC on a team that has very little help. Him complaining about it will diminish his legacy. No one likes a cry baby.

The point of signing him was to start on the road of getting out of the gutter and they did that. Next step is the playoffs and that might not be till next season, if he didn't understand that before he signed with LA then Lebron is not so bright.

Anything else?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Lebron didn't get hurt the Lakers would have made the playoffs, maybe Lebron needs to take better care of himself, or maybe the Lakers got a has been great and is now only good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His legacy will not be diminished in anyway for missing the playoffs in his 1st year playing in the WC on a team that has very little help. Him complaining about it will diminish his legacy. No one likes a cry baby.

The point of signing him was to start on the road of getting out of the gutter and they did that. Next step is the playoffs and that might not be till next season, if he didn't understand that before he signed with LA then Lebron is not so bright.

Anything else?
Im sure they didnt pitch "getting out of the gutter" to Lebron to entice him into signing. Im sure sure they pitched contention which doesnt look close right.

Lebron isnt signing anywhere "to pull them out of the gutter"

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Im sure they didnt pitch "getting out of the gutter" to Lebron to entice him into signing. Im sure sure they pitched contention which doesnt look close right.

Lebron was going to the Lakers with no pitch. His family wanted him playing there and that's why he did it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

You read the facts from years ago and apply them to everything now, but what you forget is that people change and their likes and dislikes also change. Lebron loves LA and why wouldn't he? His Family loves it and why wouldn't they? The filthy rich generally don't like to live in cold places unless they have to. Do you take any of that into your thought process before just thinking about basketball pitches and all the rest which you have mentioned which has very little relevance in this particular case with Lebron?

I think you want this Davis deal with the Lakers to get done at a heavy price, if your a Boston fan that gives me every reason to think it's a bad idea. That's the difference between me and you, i don't care what Boston does or doesn't do.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would anyone want Lonzo Ball? He can't shoot and his Dad is a celebrity tweeter.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You read the facts from years ago and apply them to everything now, but what you forget is that people change and their likes and dislikes also change. Lebron loves LA and wouldn't he? His Family loves it and why wouldn't they? The filthy rich generally don't like to live in cold places unless they have to. Do you take any of that into your thought process before just thinking about basketball pitches and all the rest which you have mentioned which has very little relevance in this particular case with Lebron?

I think you want this Davis deal with the Lakers to get done at a heavy price, if your a Boston fan that gives me every reason to think it's a bad idea. That's the difference between me and you, i don't care what Boston does or doesn't do.
To me LA is completely wasting an opportunity with the best player in the world. The demands for Davis looks high, but in reality they are hallow. The picks wont be high and players they are giving arent that good.

I would be all for a Davis trade if I knew he was willing to resign with Boston. Id even be willing to give up both Tatum, Brown and picks for him. But as of right now he isnt willing to resign with Boston

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ask the Suns i think they're interested.

The Suns have expressed no interest. Lavar Ball released a statement or tweet saying he did not want his little boy in New Orleans. He prefers LA but would be okay with Phoenix. Thats how this Phoenix thing got started.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
To me LA is completely wasting an opportunity with the best player in the world. The demands for Davis looks high, but in reality they are hallow. The picks wont be high and players they are giving arent that good.

I would be all for a Davis trade if I knew he was willing to resign with Boston. Id even be willing to give up both Tatum, Brown and picks for him. But as of right now he isnt willing to resign with Boston
I think he will resign with Boston, isn't there extra money involved if he resigns with the same team? Boston should be winning why would he leave that?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It won us a title convincingly in 2008. Get your 3 stars and fill in with vet min players who play for the minimum to chase a ring. Worked for us, then it worked for the Heat

I don't think that 2008 team made up of nothing but min Salary players but that's fine. IT was not convincingly either. It was a 4-2 series and they were all pretty much close games. I don't know what years you are referring to with the Heat but in 2012 and 2013, they were not filled with league min players either. You had Bosh, Wade and James but you also had Shaq, Juwan Howard, Shane Battier and Ray Allen.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The Suns have expressed no interest. Lavar Ball released a statement or tweet saying he did not want his little boy in New Orleans. He prefers LA but would be okay with Phoenix. Thats how this Phoenix thing got started.
And his dad was on the radio in PHO today promoting? I don't really care why or where Ball goes or doesn't go. To me this is about Davis and the total price for him and where he goes, if anywhere.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But at some point you have to make a swing. You guys are on the cusp of being the first team Lebrons been on to miss the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. And he isnt getting any younger

But it doesn't have to be AD. There are a lot of good FAs out there that can make a difference with the Lakers and if the Lakers decide not to trade now, AD can still become an FA in a year. Besides, if you trade now, there is no guarantee that AD helps the Lakers make the playoffs this season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he will resign with Boston, isn't there extra money involved if he resigns with the same team? Boston should be winning why would he leave that?
He probably would ultimately but as a fan, Ill only be happy giving that up if I know he will

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But it doesn't have to be AD. There are a lot of good FAs out there that can make a difference with the Lakers and if the Lakers decide not to trade now, AD can still become an FA in a year. Besides, if you trade now, there is no guarantee that AD helps the Lakers make the playoffs this season.
Thats assuming the FA's will actually leave money on table and come to LA. Thats an assumption that already bit then with George amd looks like will bite them with Kawhi.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And his dad was on the radio in PHO today promoting? I don't really care why or where Ball goes or doesn't go. To me this is about Davis and the total price for him and where he goes, if anywhere.

Lavar's big thing is "talking it into existence". His theory is that if he keeps talking about it, eventually it will happen. He sees the Lakers have no committment to his kid and are willing to trade him, so he's trying to manipulate the situation.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
He probably would ultimately but as a fan, Ill only be happy giving that up if I know he will
He could come to LA and hate Lebron and decide not to resign with us. See why i don't want to pay the trade price? You seem to be ok with LA paying any price without thinking about any variables, but when it comes to Boston now all of a sudden the variables matter.