Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

jwitten82

Reaction score
These aren't your daddy's or grandpa's unions anymore.
Lol they still set the standard. Next year, electrician in Texas will make $39 an hour, non union shops aren't starting off jman at that rate. You dont know what you're talking about

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol they still set the standard. Next year, electrician in Texas will make $39 an hour, non union shops aren't starting off jman at that rate. You dont know what you're talking about
And how much of that is going to the union in fees?

A private non union shop employee will make more.

Union costs are ALWAYS passed on to the customers with higher prices.
They are a completely unnecessary middleman.

jwitten82

Reaction score
And how much of that is going to the union in fees?

A private non union shop employee will make more.

Union costs are ALWAYS passed on to the customers with higher prices.
They are a completely unnecessary middleman.
Lol not true, im in the trade. Jman are not starting off at that rate

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you look at the market he has a fair argument
Not if he actually wants to play on a good team with other talented players around him.

At some point…..you have to share it with your coworkers.

conner01

Reaction score
The Cowboys may hold firm and see if CeeDee is willing to throw away one million per week, missing games.
They could try that but every player they are trying to sign now and in the future will see that and that could be an issue. This should have been done months ago but I don’t think 33 is gonna get it done

conner01

Reaction score
Not if he actually wants to play on a good team with other talented players around him.

At some point…..you have to share it with your coworkers.
How good a team is has nothing to do with what they pay. This is their job and it’s a very short career

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stop chirping and go join a union. Lots of pro-union talk coming from someone who is not even a union member.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You didn’t answer the question.

How much in wages are paid to the union?

On top of that….Those fees ARE ALWAYS passed off to the customers in higher prices.

The union bosses make money, and every day Joes like you and me get screwed with higher prices.
The bosses of non union shops are making money too. And yea, they pay for a fee for better wages and work conditions. Every day joes get screwed everyday by non union companies

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They could try that but every player they are trying to sign now and in the future will see that and that could be an issue. This should have been done months ago but I don’t think 33 is gonna get it done
It should’ve been done sooner, but Jerry continues to operate under deadlines make deals.

CWR

Reaction score
Unions SUCK. I used to belong (and pay monthly dues for years) to one (IAFF - International Association of Fire Fighters). When I ruptured 2 discs and herniated a 3rd disc in my lower back during a house fire scene, my employer (a city) tried to go the cheap route. They put me on a 6 month medical leave with my pay reduced by 1/3rd per month before realizing I needed career-ending lower back major surgery. Forced me to make financial cuts to what I "paid" monthly to. Couldn't afford my UNION monthly fee those last few months before surgery and followed by disability retirement. When my inevitable forced disability retirement meetings with my employer (city) came up, that UNION refused to show up and represent me just because I had failed to pay those last 3 months of monthly dues due to my financial disability crunch/hit reduction in pay. I had paid my expensive dues for years and volunteered for years on my days off to help my local and state union chapters, but when I needed them most, they absolutely failed me. Didn't even acknowledge me or the years I had financially and physically put into them. Forget them. Unions suck!
Yeah, not the HFD union. Look it up, we fought for 8 years but got the win and 6 figure checks for those who were active from 2017 to present. If not for the union HFD would still be without a contract.

I get what your saying though. We just happened to have a great local. We didn't until 2016, 17 or so. Unions can go either way.

What department were you in btw? I agree your union reps were trash.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The clown show that is Jerry never ends. He could’ve signed Cee Dee for much less and he would’ve been happy but because he waited the market was reset and now it feels like a lowball offer and quite frankly embarrassing.

But it’s also the fact that Lamb probably feels disrespected and I don’t blame him. He’ll do the same thing with Dak and Parsons as well.