Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

J12B

Reaction score
Seems just like yesterday the top WR was getting $20 million a year. Crazy how the cap has gone up the last 5 years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Seems just like yesterday the top WR was getting $20 million a year. Crazy how the cap has gone up the last 5 years.
Streaming platforms and legal gambling are a major financial boom for the NFL.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He's already been offered a deal that is a mega payday..this is now about his ego
This comment suggests that you really do not understand NFL contracts.

We've got info on the APY offered. We don't have information on the guarantees. We don't even know if it is a legit 33 APY or a contract with huge numbers in the last year to beef up the APY (with that money, of course, not guaranteed).

Team wanted this information out so that ignorant and lazy fans would get upset with Lamb. Don't believe the hype and don't become the target audience for this sort of nonsense.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Greed goes both ways. The nfl is making record revenue so players want their fair share
I would prefer instead of record deals for a few positions , a lot can be done for vet minimums , player safety tech, health care coverage for retired players who cant afford etc.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
C’mon Jerry, you can’t have your star WR having to take a second job in the offseason just to make ends meet. Not a good look for you. SMDH :facepalm:

CWR

Reaction score
HPFFA 3404
Oh ok, well I'm sorry to hear how they did you man. That's pretty terrible. Believe me I had my own frustrations with our union and it wasn't until we got the right people in that I saw merit in their actions. Hope you found something better afterwards.

zerofill

Reaction score
Well to be honest, they pay checks for playing a game are out of control.

But, if you let Lamb go... Chief's will probably take him and pass the Patriots lol.
Since I just watched Mahomes do a behind the back pass lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would prefer instead of record deals for a few positions , a lot can be done for vet minimums , player safety tech, health care coverage for retired players who cant afford etc.
nobody cares about any of that lol . (sad isnt it?) Just give it all to a few diva stars!

Lamb should now change his demand to 45 mil ! all G , and a no trade clause like dak lol, jerry will pay eventually.

Jerry is a "Caveman" lol

Lamb caught almost half the passes thrown to him in the GB game, gotta reward play like that !

conner01

Reaction score
I would agree but I also look at it from a players perspective. They have 8-10 years they can make huge money. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity that I get why they don’t pass it up. I think the fact we’ve drug it out also complicates things. I bet 33 would have got it done at seasons end before the other deals. I think it’s gonna take 34 and a similar structure to Jefferson’s deal now which is 88 mil at signing That’s why you go first instead of last if you are an owner

conner01

Reaction score
It should’ve been done sooner, but Jerry continues to operate under deadlines make deals.
This offer may well have worked if he had gone first instead of last. Jerry worried about setting the market but what got was the market set by Jefferson. And now it’s gonna take a deal close to Jefferson to get it done. In the 34 range and 100 mil total guanteed

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This offer may well have worked if he had gone first instead of last. Jerry worried about setting the market but what got was the market set by Jefferson. And now it’s gonna take a deal close to Jefferson to get it done. In the 34 range and 100 mil total guanteed
Jerry keeps wanting to wait for the leaves to fall. It may take Jeffersons deal to get it done. Their numbers are comparable.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We have no idea about the contract structure itself or guarantees but 33 a year seems pretty competitive. Jefferson has been outstanding since he's come into the league so would price Ceedee's contract a little lower. What's amazing is this contract probably would have been accepted earlier in the year before the Jefferson deal.

Bottom line the Cowboys need to get their top contracts done earlier. They're afraid to reset the market, but end up letting another team do it and then end up paying more in the end.