Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nothing burger........there is no way in hell Lamb won't sign before the season starts. Think about it, if he doesn't, he is leaving $33M on the table. He will never get that back if he waits until next season. No way this is happening over $2-3M.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The funniest thing about it is he would've signed for less than $33 a year 3 months ago.
And that's why Stephen Jones made his comment that Lamb wasn't interested in signing three months ago. His side was waiting to see where WR contracts were going to go. Now, he wants Jefferson money.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And that's why Stephen Jones made his comment that Lamb wasn't interested in signing three months ago. His side was waiting to see where WR contracts were going to go. Now, he wants Jefferson money.
Then I'd fine him for 2 years if he wants to continue his hold out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, not the HFD union. Look it up, we fought for 8 years but got the win and 6 figure checks for those who were active from 2017 to present. If not for the union HFD would still be without a contract.

I get what your saying though. We just happened to have a great local. We didn't until 2016, 17 or so. Unions can go either way.

What department were you in btw? I agree your union reps were trash.
HPFFA 3404

Reactions: CWR

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Look at Brown’s production last year. Look at Lamb’s production last year. Jefferson signed for $35 million per after Brown signed. Lamb’s agent wants to show he can get his guys paid. He got Brown paid, set the high mark, now there’s a new high mark, Lamb’s his best client. He’s looking for a lot more than Brown, not slightly more. He pulls it off every big time receiver will be seeking his services. It’s not just Lamb’s and the Cowboys’ money in play here. It’s the agent’s money and reputation with Lamb as a client, and future clients.

Jipper

Reaction score
Screw em, he's under contract this year and can be controlled for the next 3. He's not the top wr and 33 is the 2nd most, if that's not good enough then play hard ball

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Nothing burger........there is no way in hell Lamb won't sign before the season starts. Think about it, if he doesn't, he is leaving $33M on the table. He will never get that back if he waits until next season. No way this is happening over $2-3M.
He's not going to fold. This could be his only mega payday. He needs to maximize the contract value and guarantees

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m surprised at how many around here still look at AAV only.

He probably wants the same ridiculous structure that was given to Elliott and Steele, and maybe some others I’m overlooking, which made/makes them essentially uncuttable for three years…..unless you want to tell them in a given March that you are cutting them after the upcoming season.

Yeah, uncuttable. These agents know how badly the Joneses have gotten taken recently and want the same for their guys.

The clowns really need to get away from doing that, and if that’s the hangup then so be it….but they will eventually cave. No doubt.
They’ll cave like all the other owners have.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah, not the HFD union. Look it up, we fought for 8 years but got the win and 6 figure checks for those who were active from 2017 to present. If not for the union HFD would still be without a contract.

I get what your saying though. We just happened to have a great local. We didn't until 2016, 17 or so. Unions can go either way.

What department were you in btw? I agree your union reps were trash.
Just like any other organization ran by people they can be manipulated for bad. But I agree they were and are an important thing.

I am born and raised in PA. Not too far from the prison where members of the Molly Maguires were executed on false, trumped up charges thanks to the coal companies having way too much power and control.

You need unions to fight against the owners and create a mutual balance between owner/worker I think. Our own U.S. history tells us that. The history of company stores, company owned towns, etc.

The NFL is a business. Ceedee doesn’t owe the Jones’ anything but what his contract stipulates and he can choose to agree to the new terms or negotiate for more. As a cowboys fan, I personally don’t view it as anything against us fans or the team as a whole. But just business between worker/employer.

Reactions: CWR

Jipper

Reaction score
Yes he's negotiating because his ego what tolerate him being paid as the 2nd highest wr

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Screw em, he's under contract this year and can be controlled for the next 3. He's not the top wr and 33 is the 2nd most, if that's not good enough then play hard ball
Why though? Why play hard ball with one of your best players?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's phat, gained 15lbs. Give him 32 million and not a dollar more.