Lance Wasn't As Disappointing As Some Want To Believe Considering The Circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Then Jimmy G failed to overtake him. Therefore he beat him out.
No, Jimmy G was never given the opportunity to compete for the job. The 49ers made it clear that Lance was the starter, there was no competition. Matter of fact, Kyle Shannahan wanted the 49ers to have Lance back in case he struggled and people wanted Jimmy back as the starter.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This is Mickey Spagnola logic bro.

We had our own QB that was raw and on the verge of being released that was 3rd string behind Quincy and Hutch.

He needs time to develop. SF had the luxury of moving on from him because Brock Purdy was so good and got them to the Championship game. Had Purdy not pan out like he did, Trey would still be a niner
How come 49ers fans, and fans from other teams who have been watching Lance, disagree with this, and just believe he's likely a bust? Are they all just dumb?

I don't dislike Lance. I'd love for him to turn into an amazing QB. And I'm not a Dak stan.

I'm just a little suspicious because I have heard that Lance "needs time to develop" for 4 years now.

Sydla

Reaction score

We had our own QB that was raw and on the verge of being released that was 3rd string behind Quincy and Hutch.

He needs time to develop. SF had the luxury of moving on from him because Brock Purdy was so good and got them to the Championship game. Had Purdy not pan out like he did, Trey would still be a niner
If Purdy had not panned out, the 49ers would have been looking for a new QB not on their roster. Again, it wasn't that he just fell victim to the fact Purdy got hot at the end of the the 2022 season and just kid of sailed into the job. Lance literally couldn't beat out freaking Sam Darnold for the backup job.

Lance's time in San Fran was done once that happened, regardless of what Purdy would have done.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Lol Romo was showing flashes, and in 2006 (his 4th season) he eventually replaced Bledsoe as the starter. Romo did not look this bad. You guys are ridiculous

stiletto

Reaction score
That vet QB will likely be Lance.
You don't think they'll look at other guys if Lance continues to look like dog poo poo? They have to sign him too. It's not like he already has a deal in place. I'd rather roll with Rush quite frankly, as it now stands.

jwitten82

Reaction score
If Purdy had not panned out, the 49ers would have been looking for a new QB not on their roster. Again, it wasn't that he just fell victim to the fact Purdy got hot at the end of the the 2022 season and just kid of sailed into the job. Lance literally couldn't beat out freaking Sam Darnold for the backup job.

Lance's time in San Fran was done once that happened, regardless of what Purdy would have done.
Not to mention, he looked horrible in the times he did start for the 49ers. In 5 quarters he started, these were his stats.

15 of 31, 48.4 completion%, 194 yards, and 1 interception

Ben DiNucci one nfl start:
21 of 40, 53% completion, 180 yards
:laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
They didn’t exercise the option. EVERYBODY is on a 1 year deal.
My guess is the Cowboys didn't exercise the option because that option would be higher than what they likely could sign him for.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
The excuses for Lance is crazy. He needs to get better ASAP. We've seen flashes of talent for 4 years but for whatever reason he can't seem to put it all together. Any other time we'd call that a bust.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Keep dancing around the fact your logic fails.

Top 3 QB couldnt get into the endzone with 4 picks to help him.

And no I dont think Dak "balls out" but I think he gets into the endzone at a minimum. Heck Cooper Rush dropped a 43 yard dime. Lance isnt it. As much as you want him to be.

This thread is you making excuses for a top 3 pick. Which is what you want the Cowboys to draft.
It's still the right strategy though. Look it up, the data is there. Top picks have more success overall. Despite what happens with Lance, this team needs to draft QBs with their top picks for a couple of years.

Anything else is just a waste of time. Because all the people on other positions we might miss out on would have a smaller chance to reach (and win) the SB with a QB from the bargain bin.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lance played a total of 5 preseason games with the 49ers. In those 5 guys he had a total completion of 53%. We're in year 4 and he has the same issues he did back then. Unbelievable

JBS

Reaction score
I watched JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Trey Lance, Anthony Richardson this weekend. Lance was clearly the worst out of the 4. Say what you want about preseason and who is playing and who isn’t playing. You can garner plenty about a players comfort ability in preseason amongst other traits. Lance ain’t it.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I watched JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Trey Lance, Anthony Richardson this weekend. Lance was clearly the worst out of the 4. Say what you want about preseason and who is playing and who isn’t playing. You can garner plenty about a players comfort ability in preseason amongst other traits. Lance ain’t it.
It's just crazy to me how he was drafted that high. That was Lynchs biggest blunder, his one college season wasn't even that impressive

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Live arm, mobile, pocket awareness, youth, good kid, potential. Did not fumble the ball over and over like Fields did for the Steelers this past weekend, no interceptions. Raw clay to be molded, I’m fine with that. As far as I’m concerned he's already the #2 qb on this team As Rush will never be all that. The kid needs to obviously play. Did I mention that he’s only 24!
We disagree... he leaves the pocket way too soon. He has no ability to read a defense, his accuracy is terrible. We can agree to disagree. And, not a chance in hell he is above Rush. Rush had one drive and went right down the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.