Laramey Tunsil & a $40 Million Dollar Offensive Line

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They most likely won't pass on him. Tunsil should be a Charger.

I don't care if you're happy about it, write up your "This draft sucked!" thread now just in case. Tunsil, Ramsey, and Bosa are quality players to be choosing from; two of them have question marks and one of them is expected to give a team 10 years of solid play.

And no **** it's hypothetical, it's the NFL draft we are talking about.

This draft does suck. We need a big time pass rusher with the 4th pick and there isnt one. We need a QB and people jumped in front to take both. The best player in the draft is a Olineman and is our lowest need on the team. How is all this great for you? My god man wake up!!!

The only thing that could work out great would be if Ramsey fell in our lap. I think that would be a nice consolation. Or a trade won where we get some nice picks.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This draft does suck. We need a big time pass rusher with the 4th pick and there isnt one. We need a QB and people jumped in front to take both. The best player in the draft is a Olineman and is our lowest need on the team. How is all this great for you? My god man wake up!!!

The only thing that could work out great would be if Ramsey fell in our lap. I think that would be a nice consolation. Or a trade won where we get some nice picks.

oh my god the wah patrol is in full force this am. we've got a very solid pick and can make this work well. to say we can't get good players after 4 is ignorance in motion as every one of our OL picks WERE IN FACT AFTER 4. and we're coming close to having the best line in the league.

WAH.

we can't control the picks ahead of us only our own. to sit and lament you don't get what you want WAH only tells me you and puberty are likely about to be BFF's for awhile.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I hope everybody saying OT isn't a need remembers their comments next year when Doug Free is getting spun around like a revolving door at Macy's on Black Friday. Everybody wants to complain about Free in the middle of the season, now all the sudden having a RT that isn't a matador is a "luxury".

If we pass on a generational talent at OT in order to overdraft a player who's only the best of a bunch of weak DEs just because it's a need, then we deserve to lose. When the football gods gift you the best player in the draft at #4, you take him.

I'll consider the losses penance for our front office's shortsightedness.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
oh my god the wah patrol is in full force this am. we've got a very solid pick and can make this work well. to say we can't get good players after 4 is ignorance in motion as every one of our OL picks WERE IN FACT AFTER 4. and we're coming close to having the best line in the league.

WAH.

we can't control the picks ahead of us only our own. to sit and lament you don't get what you want WAH only tells me you and puberty are likely about to be BFF's for awhile.

LOL..........stop crying. I never said there were no good picks out there. I just know the Cowboys and they will probably screw this up and take Bosa out of desperation. Anything can happen, but our biggest need, which is pass rusher, is weak this year. Even a pom pom waving cheerleader like you can at least admit that yes?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope everybody saying OT isn't a need remembers their comments next year when Doug Free is getting spun around like a revolving door at Macy's on Black Friday. Everybody wants to complain about Free in the middle of the season, now all the sudden having a RT that isn't a matador is a "luxury".

If we pass on a generational talent at OT in order to overdraft a player who's only the best of a bunch of weak DEs just because it's a need, then we deserve to lose. When the football gods gift you the best player in the draft at #4, you take him.

I'll consider the losses penance for our front office's shortsightedness.

I agree on drafting Bosa. But you guys keep missing the point. We dont need a RT we need one lineman possibly in a year or two. That could be a guard or a tackle. Guys could shift over. And last time I checked we were stacked at guard. And we have a 3rd round pick tackle we havent seen yet.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Our pass defense was fine last year? Wow!!! Ok, never mind no use even having a conversation if you think that.

Free has been solid and although I hated the 3rd round tackle pick he needs to show if he can do anything. Sorry, the Oline is our strength and taking the 4th pick and adding it to 4 first round picks is complete overkill. Its called the law of diminishing returns. When you have an entire defense, QB, and RB that need big time upgrades to use a 4th pick to further solidify the best line in football just doesnt make any sense. Now the only thing you have working for you in this regard is Stasheroo appears to agree with you. And from what I have seen he knows the Cowboys and understands football better than anyone on here. Even still, I cannot get my head around taking ANOTHER O lineman with this pick. Unless you are going to trade an Olineman for something of extreme quality. And who can bet on that?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I've already destroyed your arguments, I'm not going in circles with you on this. Come back with something new or this is over.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Amazing how he is the best player in the draft yet two teams have given up two years worth of top pics NOT to take him. To take two other guys that were considered rated lower than him. Now why would that be? Gee, maybe because they have big time needs somewhere else. Wow, what a concept.

Yeah, BECAUSE QBS ARE MORE VALUABLE! Jesus, did you lose more IQ points in a day? This isn't an argument, teams gave up picks to get franchise QBs, so that lessens Tunsil as a prospect? It's no secret, if you view a QB in the draft as a franchise guy, you move up and grab that guy. You even ATTEMPTING to equate franchise QB to a CB/Safety hybrid and a DE is just laughable to me.

This is like talking to children. Just don't even respond, that was embarrassing.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would we take a RT at #4 in Tunsil?

Because he's also the best left tackle and top overall prospect in this draft. And a huge upgrade over what the team currently has.

Overall, they may well be 'the best line in football', but that's despite Doug Free, not because of him.

He's the line's weakest link and by a longshot.

And this is very likely his last year as a starter here anyway. At best.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree on drafting Bosa. But you guys keep missing the point. We dont need a RT we need one lineman possibly in a year or two. That could be a guard or a tackle. Guys could shift over. And last time I checked we were stacked at guard. And we have a 3rd round pick tackle we havent seen yet.

If you agree on Bosa, what's your issue in drafting the top prospect in the draft?

You bring up the defensive line and then say you don't want to draft the need guy there either. You yourself seem to realize that the DE's available aren't worthy of that draft position.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Im not debating that at all. But go out and see some of the articles written about how dumb it would be to take tunsil with our pick. And for all your evidence or support of taking the pick, then that same reasoning would work double for San Diego as they actually have a big need there. So if you think it would be good for us it would be incredible for San Diego. By all accounts by you, he would never get by San Diego. So this is really a moot conversation.

What "articles"? You mean the David Moore and the ESPN articles? Yeah, it's the same quick write up the boiled down to "Da cap!" - We have already had this discussion.

And no it's not a "moot conversation", I believe Tunsil will be a Charger. I also believe Ramsey is in play for them, until something is written in stone. A "moot conversation" at this point is 2 years of our front office telling us how they view RBs, and people still thinking Zeke is a top 5 consideration for us.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I've already destroyed your arguments, I'm not going in circles with you on this. Come back with something new or this is over.

LOL.........if that is how you gauge pass defense than it is no wonder you are so horribly informed in our analysis. Nobody had to throw the ball because we couldnt score any points. We were rarely up on them. Here is a quick and easy way to analyze....................did we stop anybody last year with any kind of regularity?

Yah, thanks for playing. With that evidence right there you just showed how you little you really understand how this all works. Try again. You are still wanting!!!

davey999

Reaction score
Because he's also the best left tackle and top overall prospect in this draft. And a huge upgrade over what the team currently has.

Overall, they may well be 'the best line in football', but that's despite Doug Free, not because of him.

He's the line's weakest link and by a longshot.

And this is very likely his last year as a starter here anyway. At best.

But he's a RT here and that's too high for that position in my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, BECAUSE QBS ARE MORE VALUABLE! Jesus, did you lose more IQ points in a day? This isn't an argument, teams gave up picks to get franchise QBs, so that lessens Tunsil as a prospect? It's no secret, if you view a QB in the draft as a franchise guy, you move up and grab that guy. You even ATTEMPTING to equate franchise QB to a CB/Safety hybrid and a DE is just laughable to me.

This is like talking to children. Just don't even respond, that was embarrassing.

Ah, so its not all about best player available? I guess I just blew you out of the water chump. :lmao::lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he's a RT here and that's too high for that position in my opinion.

Are you referring to the draft pick in specifically?

What pick do you deem acceptable for the best tackle in the draft? At the end of the day, you have to protect your quarterback on both sides.

If Free is gone after this year, who plays RT? Chaz Green?

If Tyron Smith goes down with injury, who replaces him? Free? Chaz Green?

davey999

Reaction score
Are you referring to the draft pick in specifically?

What pick do you deem acceptable for the best tackle in the draft? At the end of the day, you have to protect your quarterback on both sides.

If Free is gone after this year, who plays RT? Chaz Green?

If Tyron Smith goes down with injury, who replaces him? Free? Chaz Green?

You can disagree, but good teams don't do this. It's that simple.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you agree on Bosa, what's your issue in drafting the top prospect in the draft?

You bring up the defensive line and then say you don't want to draft the need guy there either. You yourself seem to realize that the DE's available aren't worthy of that draft position.

I'm not a scout and I don't pretend to be. Is Bosa really not worth the 4th pick? Not really for me to decide. I cant see how a guy that has 6 sacks in college be considered a top pass rusher. Now what he is noted for is his versatility. Is that what we need? not in my book. We are kinda stuck. Gregory could be that pass rusher but we cant depend on him. Lawrence seems like the perfect RDE but that is what Bosa would play. I would move back or take Ramsey if he is there. We need play makers and Ramsey is a play maker.

But seriously, you guys are talking about Ramsey not being there and a trade down not being there. I dont think all those scenarios are likely. Chances are that if for whatever reason San Diego takes Ramsey, teams will be salivating for a stud LT and trade up for him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ah, so its not all about best player available? I guess I just blew you out of the water chump. :lmao::lmao2:

What are you on about? If you have a QB rated as a franchise QB, he is most likely the top guy on your board. You're grasping here.

Again, I will reiterate: You are attempting to compare franchise QB prospects to other positions. QB trumps all if you view them as your future. Two teams viewed Wentz and Goff as franchise QBs, thus making them the best prospects for THOSE teams. Browns didn't think there was a franchise guy there, they dropped out of the top 5 because of it.

From a simple scouting standpoint, once again, Tunsil is the best player in this draft. He's a plug and play guy and the safest pick with the least questions surrounding him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What are you on about? If you have a QB rated as a franchise QB, he is most likely the top guy on your board. You're grasping here.

Again, I will reiterate: You are attempting to compare franchise QB prospects to other positions. QB trumps all if you view them as your future. Two teams viewed Wentz and Goff as franchise QBs, thus making them the best prospects for THOSE teams. Browns didn't think there was a franchise guy there, they dropped out of the top 5 because of it.

From a simple scouting standpoint, once again, Tunsil is the best player in this draft. He's a plug and play guy and the safest pick with the least questions surrounding him.

NO, you said we should take BPA with no consideration involved. I was simply pointing out that there are already two teams that are not doing that. And they are paying a high price NOT to do that. Now granted those are franchise QB's. And if Tunsil is such a stud like you say, then people will be salivating to trade up for him if Ramsey is gone and we are on the clock.

My point is quite simple. If he is there and Ramsey and two QB's have been taken, then it is NOT the ideal situation. And you can bet they will be trying to trade out of the pick. AT #4, when you are rarely up here, you better use the pick wisely and it better be for a big need. Which as much as you like to imagine it is, Oline anywhere is not a big need. RT or not.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a scout and I don't pretend to be. Is Bosa really not worth the 4th pick? Not really for me to decide. I cant see how a guy that has 6 sacks in college be considered a top pass rusher. Now what he is noted for is his versatility. Is that what we need? not in my book. We are kinda stuck. Gregory could be that pass rusher but we cant depend on him. Lawrence seems like the perfect RDE but that is what Bosa would play. I would move back or take Ramsey if he is there. We need play makers and Ramsey is a play maker.

But seriously, you guys are talking about Ramsey not being there and a trade down not being there. I dont think all those scenarios are likely. Chances are that if for whatever reason San Diego takes Ramsey, teams will be salivating for a stud LT and trade up for him.

26 sacks, not 6.........