FEATURED Larry Allen passed away

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rest In Peace, Larry Allen.

I will always remember Michael Strahan's stories about defensive linemen developing "Allen-itis" during the week. They would watch film of what Allen did to opposing defensive linemen and then invent an injury so they didn't have to go up against him.

Number 73 was the best to ever do it.
I remember in one of our brutal seasons, he pulled out and a DB on the opposing team literally ducked

HungryLion

Reaction score
Damn. That sucks. Always heard about how good of a guy he was.

Legit one of the best football players to ever live. Rest in peace Larry.

stiletto

Reaction score
and thats totally true too. Maybe in time we shall get the report on Cause with Larry. This one is a hard pill to swallow. Dude was a legend. Jimmy Johnson LOVED Allen. I can't imagine what hes dealing with right now.
None of us are getting out of this...but big men like LA, Reggie White, John Candy, etc are more susceptible to catastrophic cardiac events. It's just a fact. With that said, it can happen to anyone. Tomorrow is not a given for sure..

Fmart322

Reaction score
I just heard that LA passed away. What sad news to hear.
We can all talk about his accomplishments on the field, and there were many, but he really was a heck of a nice guy.
I know this much, heaven just got a beast at OL. It doesn't matter where on the OL he puts him because he'll dominate at all of them. John Madden will draft him to stop Reggie White.
If you can't tell already, he was one of my favorite Dallas Cowboys of all time.
RIP big fella, we all loved you.