Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Now you're just being silly.

Not all that interested in parsing this one. If the dude says he's running and doing drills and making good progress, I'm going to assume he's talking about his entire injury and not just part of it. If you're more comfortable thinking he's talking about the knee only and not the rest of his legs, well, you're burrying your head in the sand for reasons I can't even begin to understand.

Good for you. I suggest you take a knee on this one.

I'm comfortable in taking the specific questions and his specific answers for face value and not reading into them what I want.

Have at it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The injury to the knee causes paralysis to the muscle in the foot that affects dorsiflexion, which is why he needs an AFO. His leg is not and was not paralyzed. He did however tear two ligaments (I'm not sure exactly which ones) which is what I think some folks are forgetting that he is also rehabbing like any other player with the same knee injury.

Like I said, the knee has been healed up for a long time.
I dont think there is anyone worrying about that.

That muscle responsible for foot fall has a separate function for cutting.
Fuzzy explained it to me but I am not quite clear on it still.
You can ask Fuzzy if he does not have you on ignore

This stuff should be child's play to the Doc.
I am sure he has reason to say what he did.
MDs dont need to twist the truth to win an argument in simple medical questions.
Other than this board, I am sure he is not used to people accusing him of lying lol
Second opinions yes, but twisting facts on a relatively simple case, no.
If the Doc does not have you on ignore, I suppose you can ask him also.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Like I said, the knee has been healed up for a long time.
I dont think there is anyone worrying about that.

That muscle responsible for foot fall has a separate function for cutting.
Fuzzy explained it to me but I am not quite clear on it still.
You can ask Fuzzy if he does not have you on ignore

This stuff should be child's play to the Doc.
I am sure he has reason to say what he did.
MDs dont need to twist the truth to win an argument in simple medical questions.
Other than this board, I am sure he is not used to people accusing him of lying lol
Second opinions yes, but twisting facts on a relatively simple case, no.
If the Doc does not have you on ignore, I suppose you can ask him also.

If I wanted to be misinformed, I would ring Fuzzy up for sure; he's still baselessly claiming Smith is on the floor "playing" with his nieces based on a picture of him sitting on a couch posing for a picture.

Smith tore both his ACL and LCL in January. You can't immediately start cutting, training, lifting until your knee is structurally sound (not to be confused with "healed") to the point you can begin physical therapy, rehab and training it. Think about it, people marvel at Adrian Peterson coming back from his ACL tear a few years ago after just 9 months, Jaylon Smith would be a modern miracle to come back from two ligament tears after just four (4) months.

The talk of him running and cutting is on the same timeline as others who are coming back from similar knee injuries in their rehab process.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
The key here is the muscle CANNOT do anything unless the nerve got to it.
The muscle needs to move in some way for cutting.
So a brace does not accomplish that, which is different from curing the foot fall.
Fuzzy is the one who spent some ungodly amount of time studying this.
Other than Fuzzy and the doctor, no one here really understands this part that I am aware of.

This is the link for Brandt's comments.
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...owboys-started-dak-prescott-healthy-tony-romo
I recall Jaylon talking about this also.

I actually missed the implications of the cutting until this argument took place.
So I am glad in a strange way the argument happened.

Even I remember Jaylon squatting many hundreds of pounds in April timeframe.
Yes, it is a ridiculous timeframe.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...th-squatting-400plus-pounds-after-knee-injury

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The key here is the muscle CANNOT do anything unless the nerve got to it.
The muscle needs to move in some way for cutting.
So a brace does not accomplish that, which is different from curing the foot fall.
Fuzzy is the one who spent some ungodly amount of time studying this.
Other than Fuzzy and the doctor, no one here really understands this part that I am aware of.

This is the link for Brandt's comments.
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...owboys-started-dak-prescott-healthy-tony-romo
I recall Jaylon talking about this also.

I actually missed the implications of the cutting until this argument took place.
So I am glad in a strange way the argument happened.

Even I remember Jaylon squatting many hundreds of pounds in April timeframe.
Yes, it is a ridiculous timeframe.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...th-squatting-400plus-pounds-after-knee-injury

Ah lawd, okay, he's healed.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ah lawd, okay, he's healed.

He is not healed.
Even 'fully' recovered, he may not be the same player.
The knee injury by itself may have robbed him of some quickness.

But it seems he is able to live a normal live, at a minimum.
That is a good thing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for you. I suggest you take a knee on this one.

I'm comfortable in taking the specific questions and his specific answers for face value and not reading into them what I want.

Have at it.

Except that's not what you're doing. You're trying your best to interpret his answers in a way that allows you to pretend he's parsing discussions about his progress in ways he's obviously not.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Insisting on a possibility that no one is denying is almost as fun on categorically denying another equally plausible one.

We get that the evidence is circumstantial but I think the real issue here is that some people struggle with uncertainty and ambiguity. That and they have some serious issues with even a suggestion of authority.

Not really worth the effort arguing with that on merit.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Insisting on a possibility that no one is denying is almost as fun on categorically denying another equally plausible one.

We get that the evidence is circumstantial but I think the real issue here is that some people struggle with uncertainty and ambiguity. That and they have some serious issues with even a suggestion of authority.

Not really worth the effort arguing with that on merit.

Good writing, are you an english major?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Except that's not what you're doing. You're trying your best to interpret his answers in a way that allows you to pretend he's parsing discussions about his progress in ways he's obviously not.

Lol, take the "L" man.

I don't think you understand what parsing is.

I took his answer to a straightforward question at face value. No extraneous interpretation or twisting as you're doing with the "knee bone connected to the foot bone..." bit.

Jaylon Smith's answer says "UNCLE!" you've twisted it so much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, take the "L" man.

I don't think you understand what parsing is.

I took his answer to a straightforward question at face value. No extraneous interpretation or twisting as you're doing with the "knee bone connected to the foot bone..." bit.

Then I don't think you understand what 'taking an L' means. What Jaylon had to say, and what you're trying to conclude from it, are two different things.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Then I don't think you understand what 'taking an L' means. What Jaylon had to say, and what you're trying to conclude from it, are two different things.

Lool, says the guy claiming Jaylon's talking about his foot when specifically answering a question about his knee.

You earned the "L." It doesn't matter if you accept it or not.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lool, says the guy claiming Jaylon's talking about his foot when specifically answering a question about his knee.

You earned the "L." It doesn't matter if you accept it or not.

Listen to the source. You've got it wrong.

He's talking generally about the injury and generally about his progress towards getting back on the field. Period. He even defines 'progress' as 'just the nerve continuing to come back. " (about the 2:45 mark).

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Listen to the source. You've got it wrong.

He's talking generally about the injury and generally about his progress towards getting back on the field. Period. He even defines 'progress' as 'just the nerve continuing to come back. " (about the 2:45 mark).

That's not the video I'm referencing.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Can we talk about Jaylon instead?

Like what is the range of recovery we can get back on the knee itself?
Many players lose something after ACL still?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Can we talk about Jaylon instead?

Like what is the range of recovery we can get back on the knee itself?
Many players lose something after ACL still?

There's so many questions, but I think the knee injury is actually the least of his concerns.

Even if the nerve does reinnervate and fires to some extent, there's a strong possibility he doesn't get full functionality back, which may be fine for Joe Blow to mow his lawn but may be debilitating for an athlete.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can I? You've been wearing it like a scarlet letter.

Not even the grace to admit when you're proven to be dead wrong? I'm genuinely surprised.

Either way, the source vid is there for everybody to see. Denying it only embarrasses yourself further. Keep shoveling if you really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.