Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
There's so many questions, but I think the knee injury is actually the least of his concerns.

Even if the nerve does reinnervate and fires to some extent, there's a strong possibility he doesn't get full functionality back, which may be fine for Joe Blow to mow his lawn but may be debilitating for an athlete.

We have already been told that the statistics are good if the rehab goes well for the nerve.
So lets take the MDs word on that for the sake of discussion.
Assuming 100% nerve FUNCTIONAL recovery, what about the knee itself?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not even the grace to admit when you're proven to be dead wrong? I'm genuinely surprised.

Either way, the source vid is there for everybody to see. Denying it only embarrasses yourself further. Keep shoveling if you really want to.

More interpolation on your part.

He's asked the question "what is the key that you guys need see...something tangible to say okay here we go."

He's not defining progress.

Smh.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We have already been told that the statistics are good if the rehab goes well for the nerve.
So lets take the MDs word on that for the sake of discussion.
Assuming 100% nerve FUNCTIONAL recovery, what about the knee itself?

From what I've read and thought I heard Jaylon say himself in a past article or interview, the in ee is sound and progressing as it should be. Again, the knee injury is the least of his concerns. I don't think there's any reason to assume he'll have issues with the ligaments.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More interpolation on your part.

He's asked the question "what is the key that you guys need see...something tangible to say okay here we go."

He's not defining progress.

Smh.

The. Video. Is. Right. There. So are our respective posts.

You were wrong, dude. It happens. Take the loss with dignity and move on.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Anyone else on the knee itself?
I dont have the energy now to start googling about ACL recovery.
I just recall people saying some players losing a step or half a step from ACL.
Jaylon's 4.4 speed and agility were a big part of his ability.
Some lost here could take him from a generational player to something less.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The. Video. Is. Right. There. So are our respective posts.

You were wrong, dude. It happens. Take the loss with dignity and move on.

So, this is the video you're referencing, right. I told you I'm referring to another video in which he's asked point blank (I believe it was McMahon) about his knee. So clearly, we are talking about two different videos. I'm not going to act like this was the video I was talking about because it's not. Your heehawing notwithstanding.

For someone who loves the fanciful world of possibilities, this apparently isn't one.

"Oh, but nooooo, this has to be the video you were talking about" in 3, 2,...1.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, this is the video you're referencing, right. I told you I'm referring to another video in which he's asked point blank (I believe it was McMahon) about his knee. So clearly, we are talking about two different videos. I'm not going to act like this was the video I was talking about because it's not. Your heehawing notwithstanding.

For someone who loves the fanciful world of possibilities, this apparently isn't one.

You replied to *me* re: my quoting *this* video here:

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/latest-jaylon-smith-tweet.360232/page-16#post-6916836

And that was the basis for our discussion.

If you'd managed to confuse yourself because you were thinking about another video entirely which you never sourced and where you apparently can't really remember who the participants were, that's fine. It happens.

But it doesn't make you any less wrong about what was said in the video I quoted and which you responded to.

Again. Take your L, and move on. You're wrong this time. It happens.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Let me throw another wrinkle into this. I happened to see Jaylon at a wedding for one of his ND teammates (who is a relative) here in Dallas the other night. I don't know if he takes a snap this year but he dances pretty well on those legs. Runs away!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You replied to *me* re: my quoting *this* video here:

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/latest-jaylon-smith-tweet.360232/page-16#post-6916836

And that was the basis for our discussion.

If you'd managed to confuse yourself because you were thinking about another video entirely which you never sourced and where you apparently can't really remember who the participants were, that's fine. It happens.

But it doesn't make you any less wrong about what was said in the video I quoted and which you responded to.

Again. Take your L, and move on. You're wrong this time. It happens.

Fair enough. I thought your initial post (that you linked above) was referencing the same video I was thinking of. I jumped on it and was wrong.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough. I thought your initial post (that you linked above) was referencing the same video I was thinking of. I jumped on it and was wrong.

Thanks. Like I said, it happens.

Now if you want, you can hold onto the lining of my pocket and I'll be sure nobody bothers you while we walk around the yard. :)

waldoputty

Reaction score
No brace and is dancing. I'd say Doc is right.

There is nothing definitive that he is not wearing the brace while dancing.
My guess is that there is some recovery, but probably still need to rehab.
A nerve regeneration PhD told me the functional recovery would be measured like you measure weight lifting - amount of force and # of repetitions.

waldoputty

Reaction score
LOL, still cannot get any reply on ACL recovery :muttley:

Trying a different tactic...

9-Briane-Miami-Dolphins-Cheerleader-Hottest-NFL-Cheerleaders-of-2012.jpg

Common Sense

Reaction score
This thread is way out of hand.

I can't help but wonder, doesn't cutting have almost everything to do with his knee and almost nothing to do with his foot? You can cut with a brace. Doesn't that make the cutting argument meaningless?

Status
Not open for further replies.