Leadership aside, is Cowboys Dak Prescott ready to fix issues in 2018?

NotForLong

Reaction score
You guys are funny! Not! Coaching doesn’t matter? I guess you guys missed the playoff game vs GB last year, the Atlanta game, and the Seattle game. All games Garrett played a huge roll in us losing. Speaking of Garrett passing the ball. He would be a better, 50 something year old, back up QB than HC.
He' actually a ot more accurate then Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
RG 3 was a god his rookie season. So much for that logic

RG3 was a good example of a guy that looked all world and then was toast. However he had horrid leadership skills, work ethic, and ultimately it was injuries that derailed him. He also didnt have the best Oline in football and Zeke to lean on. Dak has many many more things going for him in that regard including leadership and work ethic. The players love him and he is the unquestioned leader of the team. And Dak also came out in 2017 the first 8 games and was having a very good year.

But if you are seeing the next RG3 then you are certainly seeing a different game. Your name is easy to remember so we will revisit this during the season. My money is on Dak to find the groove and improve. And I definitely wont let the haters live it down.

NotForLong

Reaction score
LOL...yes sir they are selling crazy here with Dak.
How a mediocre QB is portrayed as the next coming of Staubach,Aikman,etc etc is simply ludicrous now.
Didn't they watch last season when Dak all by himself cost us the playoffs?
Didn't they watch 3 str8 EMBARRASSING losses with 0 TD being scored in 15 Quarters of offense.
NO....they simply don't care as long as Dak is under center for America's team.
We have reached new lows in fan base intelligence....
:bow:amen brother. It got so bad I was going to the bar just for the wings

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taking your response into consideration im willing to bet you thought Goff and Wentz were far superior in stats. When in fact Dak has better stats all away around than both.

Bet on the following my fellow Cowboy fan, that i would like what your drinking or smoking when i have to watch Dak play QB for us.....lol...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Midseason MVP: Prescott. He entered the season with some wondering how he would follow up his rookie season. He has not disappointed. He had a stretch of three straight games with three touchdown passes, something only Don Meredith and Tony Romo have done in team history. He has made big plays from the pocket and outside the pocket and become one of the biggest team leaders. Sometimes it is easy to forget he is only in his second season.

http://www.espn.com.au/blog/dallas-...ns-but-cowboys-first-half-lacking-consistency

LOL...........too funny. Great great find. Pretty much destroys anything the haters say going forward. And why did all of this change starting game #9? Was there anything big that happened on that exact game? Zeke, Smith, Lee going down maybe?

So basically for the first 24 games of his career when he had at least a great oline and Zeke he was being considered for NFL MVP type play.

And why would ANYONE think that fixing the line and getting Zeke back would not shoot him right back to better play? And going through some adversity, another year of growth, the offense more tailored to his strength and ditching Dez wouldnt help him even more? Easy to see.

NotForLong

Reaction score
RG3 was a good example of a guy that looked all world and then was toast. However he had horrid leadership skills, work ethic, and ultimately it was injuries that derailed him. He also didnt have the best Oline in football and Zeke to lean on. Dak has many many more things going for him in that regard including leadership and work ethic. The players love him and he is the unquestioned leader of the team. And Dak also came out in 2017 the first 8 games and was having a very good year.

But if you are seeing the next RG3 then you are certainly seeing a different game. Your name is easy to remember so we will revisit this during the season. My money is on Dak to find the groove and improve. And I definitely wont let the haters live it down.
Go ahead kid. But it works both ways. I am on record saying this team will go deep into the playoffs. With Daks run and Dump style. But in no way is he a great QB. The Cowboys will go as far as the talent around him carries him.

NotForLong

Reaction score
LOL...........too funny. Great great find. Pretty much destroys anything the haters say going forward. And why did all of this change starting game #9? Was there anything big that happened on that exact game? Zeke, Smith, Lee going down maybe?

So basically for the first 24 games of his career when he had at least a great oline and Zeke he was being considered for NFL MVP type play.

And why would ANYONE think that fixing the line and getting Zeke back would not shoot him right back to better play? And going through some adversity, another year of growth, the offense more tailored to his strength and ditching Dez wouldnt help him even more? Easy to see.
That' the whole point. With Zeke and that O ine an average QB will have the stats of an MVP

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Go ahead kid. But it works both ways. I am on record saying this team will go deep into the playoffs. With Daks run and Dump style. But in no way is he a great QB. The Cowboys will go as far as the talent around him carries him.

Are you saying that he isnt a great QB now or he will never be a great QB? Are you saying great passer or great QB?

Im not going to sit here and tell you that Dak will ever be an elite passer like rodgers or Brady. He simply isnt that type of QB. But the guy already has many traits at a high level. And whatever he lacks in raw passing ability it makes up for it in the use of his legs. With a top flight Oline and and a run first offense, IMHO Dak is the EXACT type of QB you need. A dual threat game manager that is efficient with excellent leadership skills and confidence.

And he will be more than good enough to win a SB with the right pieces around him. IF this team continues to be lackluster like it was around Romo, then he will suffer the same fate as Romo. Both very very good QB, dak in the making, both can win championships, but both very very different.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Bingo
The Cowboys call it DFS ( Dak-Friendly System)
It' hillarious. Never heard of such a term before applied to a great QB it' ridiculous. As soon as it was applied. That was the 1st warning sign. He isn't all that

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That' the whole point. With Zeke and that O ine an average QB will have the stats of an MVP

We do have a great Oline and Zeke so whats the problem? What is it you are not seeing here? Coaching and pass catchers is that all world for Dak?

Any QB will play much better with a great oline and a great RB.

Coaching, scheme, receivers, defense, experience are all things that Dak has NOT had since he has been here. You want to take away his Oline and back as well and then complain he isnt Tom Brady? Silly nonsense. Way over critical of a kid that has been amazing overall at such a young age.

4th round gem getting paid 700k per year right now. Do you think Kellen Moore would have gone 13-3 in 2016 or 9-7 last year? Not a chance. How about giving the kid a chance. Romo in his prime isnt walking through that door my man.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It' hillarious. Never heard of such a term before applied to a great QB it' ridiculous. As soon as it was applied. That was the 1st warning sign. He isn't all that

I guess you dont remember the term "Romo friendly"?

Its obviously another stupid term that Jerry Jones makes up that other teams dont use.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL.......so Jerry Jones using the term "Dak Friendly" was your sign that Dak would suck? And when he won rookie of the year and was in discussion for MVP that wasnt a sign right? That did nothing for you. Good stuff. At least I can laugh my way to the season.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Are you saying that he isnt a great QB now or he will never be a great QB? Are you saying great passer or great QB?

Im not going to sit here and tell you that Dak will ever be an elite passer like rodgers or Brady. He simply isnt that type of QB. But the guy already has many traits at a high level. And whatever he lacks in raw passing ability it makes up for it in the use of his legs. With a top flight Oline and and a run first offense, IMHO Dak is the EXACT type of QB you need. A dual threat game manager that is efficient with excellent leadership skills and confidence.

And he will be more than good enough to win a SB with the right pieces around him. IF this team continues to be lackluster like it was around Romo, then he will suffer the same fate as Romo. Both very very good QB, dak in the making, both can win championships, but both very very different.
Great football player average QB point blank

NotForLong

Reaction score
We do have a great Oline and Zeke so whats the problem? What is it you are not seeing here? Coaching and pass catchers is that all world for Dak?

Any QB will play much better with a great oline and a great RB.

Coaching, scheme, receivers, defense, experience are all things that Dak has NOT had since he has been here. You want to take away his Oline and back as well and then complain he isnt Tom Brady? Silly nonsense. Way over critical of a kid that has been amazing overall at such a young age.

4th round gem getting paid 700k per year right now. Do you think Kellen Moore would have gone 13-3 in 2016 or 9-7 last year? Not a chance. How about giving the kid a chance. Romo in his prime isnt walking through that door my man.
No I am not saying take them away, but when he didn' have those weapons he tanked.

I am saying those weapons are so great it put You all in a delusion. You believe Dak is great.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great football player average QB point blank

I will go with that with one alteration. Great football player and average passer at this time. He will grow as a passer as he gets more experience, a scheme designed for him, and better pass catchers.

NotForLong

Reaction score
LOL.......so Jerry Jones using the term "Dak Friendly" was your sign that Dak would suck? And when he won rookie of the year and was in discussion for MVP that wasnt a sign right? That did nothing for you. Good stuff. At least I can laugh my way to the season.
What happen last year. How can a guy go from MVP caliber to ******** the bed without suffering a personal injury.

Answer the talent around him is so great it keeps him a float

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No I am not saying take them away, but when he didn' have those weapons he tanked.

I am saying those weapons are so great it put You all in a delusion. You believe Dak is great.

Don’t argue with a fool bystanders can’t tell the difference.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I will go with that with one alteration. Great football player and average passer at this time. He will grow as a passer as he gets more experience, a scheme designed for him, and better pass catchers.

This is from article from this training camp.

THOMAS GREGORY
NORTH PORT, FL
After losing Tyron Smith last year and the debacle with Atlanta, Dak Prescott did not seem comfortable with his throws in the pocket affecting his accuracy. During OTA's has Prescott seemed more comfortable/accurate with his throws so far?

Bryan: Throwing during OTAs and facing a pass rush are two different things. Has he made some quality throws? Yes, he has. Has he missed some? Yes, he has as well. The one trait I respect about Prescott is how hard he does work. He’s in a better place both physically and mentally but he also knows the expectations. I believe you’ll see more consistent play from him this season just from the experiences he went through last year.

David: Dak looks like Dak – which is to say, he has some nice moments. But going all the way back to his first practice in 2016, Dak is not the type of guy who’s going to consistently wow you in practice. I agree with you that the breakdown of the offensive line got into his head last year. I trust his poise. I’m not worried about him.

So I ask when is he gonna start growing.
Next year? 5 years from now.? Maybe never. A little advice don't hold your breath

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this is a big year for Dak. He has shown some very good abilities and he has had his share of mistakes. This year he needs to show he can improve upon his weakness and lead this team. I fully support him and believe he can get the job done.