LeBron James vs Michael Jordan

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just being mentioned with Jordan says enough.

LeBron is the greatest of this era.

Jordon was the best of his era.

But Jordon needed Pippen. LeBron carries more of the team on his shoulders with less help.

The game has changed with very little post and inside game this era . Jordon was undeniable when he drove the basket. I don’t like this 3 point shooting fest. The 2 point shot has been left behind. It’s a disgrace to the game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'd bet any amount of money that you're a short, chubby kid who couldn't play the sport. Hopefully kids stopped picking on you by the time you got to SLO.

Lool, and I bet you work the graveyard shift for a shipping and receiving company....as an adult.

[get off the break room computer and clock back in, your shifts up]

Nav22

Reaction score
Lets see, Draymond is a ball mover in a system predicated on ball movement. Rodman was a player that pretty much required no defender. So you are saying Draymond Green's offense to Dennis Rodmans? Right

Ill even throw you a lob because Im a nice. Tristan Thompson is way more comparable to Rodman offensively then Green is. And guess whose team he plays on????
LOLLLLLL WOWWW

Tristan Thompson's 3 offensive rebounds per game are on par with Rodman's 5+ per game. Um, okay.

Rodman the 1st ballot HOFer. You're comparing him to TRISTAN THOMPSON.

You cannot make this stuff up. I've never been more convinced that my instincts are spot-on.
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
The Showtime Lakers , the Bill Russell Celtics and Jordan Bulls would put these teams to shame.
That's adorable. Old people are the BEST.
:lmao2:

2 MVPs in their prime plus 2 other All-Stars in their primes. The new-school Warriors are among the very best teams ever, like it or not.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOLLLLLL WOWWW

Tristan Thompson's 3 offensive rebounds per game are on par with Rodman's 5+ per game. Um, okay.

You cannot make this stuff up. I've never been more convinced that my instincts are spot-on.

Hell hath no fury like a fanboi scorned.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOLLLLLL WOWWW

OFFENSIVELY

Dennis Rodmans skill with the ball in his hand is about that of Tristin Thompson. If not less

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's adorable. Old people are the BEST.
:lmao2:

2 MVPs in their prime plus 2 other All-Stars in their primes. The new-school Warriors are among the very best teams ever, like it or not.
The game this era suks. They wouldn’t know how to defend the big men of previous eras or defend the post games .

If this era teams 3 point shots are off they got nuttin.

Nav22

Reaction score
Lool, and I bet you work the graveyard shift for a shipping and receiving company....as an adult.

[get off the break room computer and clock back in, your shifts up]
Fat kid didn't even deny it. I can spot a kid who was stuffed in his locker from a mile away.

Nav22

Reaction score
The game this era suks. They wouldn’t know how to defend the big men of previous eras or defend the post games .

If this era teams 3 point shots are off they got nuttin.
The reason they shoot 3s now is because the game has evolved, Pops.

Posting up will get you about 95 points/game. The Warriors destroy that number while playing great D as well.

Nav22

Reaction score
OFFENSIVELY

Dennis Rodmans skill with the ball in his hand is about that of Tristin Thompson. If not less
LOL why so much focus on the 1 thing Dennis Rodman wasn't great at??? This is a Defensive Player of the Year and 1st ballot HOFer you're attempting to crap on for the sole purpose of boosting MJ's resume.

You must REALLY know deep-down that LeBron is better.

What's next? "Shaq was garbage because his FT% sucked. Poor Kobe!!!"

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL why so much focus on the 1 thing Dennis Rodman wasn't great at??? This is a Defensive Player of the Year and 1st ballot HOFer you're attempting to crap on for the sole purpose of boosting MJ's resume.

You must REALLY know deep-down that LeBron is better.

What's next? "Shaq was garbage because his FT% sucked. Poor Kobe!!!"
Because I said had 3 offensive liabilities in the starting lineup, which meant defenses could focus on him because they were no threat to score

You countered something irrelevant to dictating a defense like offensive rebounding. Classic you

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The reason they shoot 3s now is because the game has evolved, Pops.

Posting up will get you about 95 points/game. The Warriors destroy that number while playing great D as well.
Its evolved to crap. Prior era defenses would stifle these offenses and they’d score easily in the paint.

You kids think this eras game is better because of higher scoring but that is a result of no post game and defense.

Comparing scoring is not an accurate analysis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Durant and Curry won’t even take on LeBron on defense.

LeBron is a throwback player. He plays great defense, has a post game , takes ball to the hoop with authority and a beautiful outside shot. Durant has him by 2 inches but won’t even take him on defensively.

No doubt the trio of the Warriors have a beautiful outside shot and in this era make a very tough team to beat but it becomes a shooting fest.

If they played a team with an inside game( which no one really has anymore this era) when their 3 points we’re off they’d fall so far behind.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Curry and Durant are great athletes and amazing shooters. No doubt some of the best in NBA history. I’ve been following them since College. Durant was a freak at Texas. I saw him playing several times his only season in Austin. At 6’10 maybe one of best outside shot I’ve seen at his size with exception of Dirk. But he doesn’t have the post game.

Curry is no doubt best touch outside of 20 feet I’ve possibly ever seen. Pistol Pete and Larry Legend variety.

But LeBron has it all. He can carry a team on his back. He’s the biggest horse in NBA this era. Durant and Curry couldn’t carry the Cavs with their roster like LeBron has.

Nav22

Reaction score
Curry and Durant are great athletes and amazing shooters. No doubt some of the best in NBA history. I’ve been following them since College. Durant was a freak at Texas. I saw him playing several times his only season in Austin. At 6’10 maybe one of best outside shot I’ve seen at his size with exception of Dirk. But he doesn’t have the post game.

Curry is no doubt best touch outside of 20 feet I’ve possibly ever seen. Pistol Pete and Larry Legend variety.

But LeBron has it all. He can carry a team on his back. He’s the biggest horse in NBA this era. Durant and Curry couldn’t carry the Cavs with their roster like LeBron has.
That's cute.

Like it or not, these Warriors will go down as one of the very best teams ever.

LOL "prior era defenses". Why don't they exist anymore with bigger, stronger and faster players??? Because offenses are FAR more sophisticated now, that's why.

Golden State would run circles around any of those teams you mentioned. "Bill Russell's Celtics" LOLLLL, yeah they dealt with massive competition back then! What were there, like 12 teams in the league back then??

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's cute.

Like it or not, these Warriors will go down as one of the very best teams ever.

LOL "prior era defenses". Why don't they exist anymore with bigger, stronger and faster players??? Because offenses are FAR more sophisticated now, that's why.
3 point shooting isn’t sophisticated. It’s a percentage game. Teams this era don’t have much of a backup plan if their shots are off.

Winning championships will rank the Warriors as one of the best teams but that doesn’t mean they’d stack up against some of the greatest dynasty teams.

Much like I wouldn’t stack up the Patriots against some of the greatest dynasty teams in NFL history. But being the best in an era is admirable.