Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
arglebargle;3306381 said:
If Truman had taken a poll, nothing would have ever happened.

You are the ones talking about Polls.

Why bring them up and then attempt to discredit them?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3306256 said:
What about people who are bisexual?

Serious question here. No hidden meaning.

They are just lucky I guess, they should never go without scoring.

I think there are a wide range of sexualities. Men do nothing for me, just women but I could see some liking both. My view for the most part though is if you are bisexual, you are doing so just to hide your gayness.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3306375 said:
Picking one poll that's considered an outlier with questionable at best methodology that barely covers your point isn't the strongest argument.

And what about the rights of the student who wants to bring a farm animal, or the one who wants to bring the child molestor? Are you getting annoyed when their "rights" are infringed upon.

You can't even make a cogent argument about consenting adults as these high school students are clearly not adults.

:laugh2: Did you really post that after you posted absolutely nothing to support your stance at all? I personally don't care about the issue either way, it's just a good topic that I decided to take a side on and debate. The girl is eighteen, so she is legally an adult.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Lmao...just when I thought he couldn't surprise me with his "opinions/facts"....BAM!

There's another one!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3306283 said:
I disagree. Every Black friend I have ever had is offended when they get compared to gays.

No, I don't know the tune and I really don't care.

Yeah because they don't like being called a homosexual because they are discriminated against. You have proven my point, no one would choose to be gay because it opens you up to discrimination,

You don't know who Katy Perry is? Do you live under a rock?

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Hostile;3306388 said:
Hell no. They canceled it so she has no claims of discrimination.

She rocks.

The ACLU is still filing a lawsuit claiming discrimination. The school is going to have to fork over dollars for legal expenses.

jimmy40

Reaction score
This was an interesting story till they showed her from the neck down.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please stop the personal attacks and name calling.

Also Please leave religion and or politics out of the thread.

Thanks

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3306403 said:
Yeah because they don't like being called a homosexual because they are discriminated against. You have proven my point, no one would choose to be gay because it opens you up to discrimination,

You don't know who Katy Perry is? Do you live under a rock?
I've heard the name. I pretty much don't listen to that genre of music, so I haven't heard the song.

You have no point as usual.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3306417 said:
I've heard the name. I pretty much don't listen to that genre of music, so I haven't heard the song.

I never heard of her but she was one of the judges on the American Idols thing earlier in the season. Think she kind of had the tiff with the female judge.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3306409 said:
The ACLU is still filing a lawsuit claiming discrimination. The school is going to have to fork over dollars for legal expenses.
That is truly a pity. I hope the school wins since they clearly did not discriminate. They canceled the prom.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3306417 said:

ok point blank, do you think homosexuality is a choice and if so, why do you believe that to be the case?

arglebargle

Reaction score
Hostile;3306382 said:
No connection.

Don't agree. This was a response to the validity of taking a poll of the military to see whether a change should be made. Believe me, if Truman had taken a poll, there would never have been blacks serving in integrated units in the military at that time.

If you were to break down attitudes on things like this Prom debacle, I think you would see a marked difference in view based on age. There will be changes in store eventually. It's pretty much the nature of the beast. These things are rear guard actions...so to speak.

I bet the kids would much rather have the Prom, with tux, or with the female couple than not.

And one thing I did like, that hasn't been mentioned much: Her dad told her she had to head back to school the next day to face up to the music. If you think it's worth the fight, you have to face the consequences.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3306397 said:
how so? Neither one is a choice

Skin color and behavior can never be correlated.
No amount of arguing will make it so, and if you try you'll certainly be in danger of coming full circle to certain prejudices.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
By the way, people are already offering to host a Prom for this girl and her classmates. From the Associated Press:

New Orleans hotel owner Sean Cummings told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson he was so disappointed with the school board's decision he offered to transport the students in buses to the city and host a free prom at one of his properties.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3306421 said:
I never heard of her but she was one of the judges on the American Idols thing earlier in the season. Think she kind of had the tiff with the female judge.
Brunette, kind of big eyes?

I think I heard her sing once, and that was on last year's show. I thought it was poor taste that she had a cape with one of the contestant's name on it.

I think I also watched a video that someone on here mentioned. Something about Las Vegas.

I am not interested in pop music. Strictly classic rock and country for this cowboy.