Let's Recap The Dak Situation So Far

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys or any other team will ever be able to give Dak everything he needs to succeed.

Dak can only be carried so far before he has to do something to contribute in tough games.

The Cowboys are at their very worst when it’s Daks turn to carry his weight.
only mahomes would have a small chance of succeeding in Dallas and I even doubt that.
so essentially cowboys have no chance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Keeping Dak around is just telling everyone that you are a-ok with having a good regular season and flopping in the playoffs.
which Jerry doesn't mind, since season success puts butts in seats and sells jersey's. that formula made CD, Dak top 10 in jersey sales.

Qcard

Reaction score
Raiders signed QB Gardner Minshew to a 2-year, $25 million ($15M guaranteed) deal last month March 14th). He will compete with 2nd year incumbent starter Aidan O'Connell for QB1.
The new duo in charge- GM Tom Telesco and officially HC Antonio Pierce (was under the interim status last season) are not going to start off doing an about-face and trade for Prescott...losing draft capital + having to work out a contract with market demands.
Hey but if you are a USA today blogger with a draft simulator coupled with Dak Hate frenzy and UFL games...you get these nauseating narratives...

1. Over under 50 pages

2. Close Thread in 100 pages

Dak Haters assemble :lmao2: :lmao2:

Can we Pin this Post for forever Off-season Narratives?? :laugh: :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should do just what the Chiefs did with Mahomes. The Chiefs took Mahomes but still had Alex Smith. Smith was the starter and Mahomes sat his rookie season. When the Chiefs traded Smith, Mahomes became the starter and never looked back. So, either try to work out a trade that Dak will agree to, or let Trey back up Dak this year and then let Dak walk. I'd prefer the Cowboys get something for Dak, but that might have to be a compensatory draft pick if Dak won't agree to a trade. I would in no way extend Dak at this point.
which other teams had their QB that was good and then drafted another QB and succeeded. Chiefs. one can argue for one year for GB. outside of Mahomes and KC can't think of any other team having succeeded.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately yes ....... that brutal beat down the San Fran gave us, combined with that playoff collapse was all I needed to see for Dak, Mike, and Quinn ........ 1 down ...... 2 to go.

Obviously our front office sucks as well
As we're about to find out the 1 down was the wrong one

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
1. The horrible Green Bay flop that saw Dak become the first QB to ever lose to a 7th seed as well as his playoff record falling to 2-5 making it the worst of all time for a QB with at least 5 starts. This was the game where many of the on the fence types chose a side.

2. Jerry’s “We’ll go as far as Dak takes us and that’s how far we went” comment. That’s not a ringing endorsement, huh?

3. Zero activity in free agency signaling that things were changing as far as the current group of players and coaches were concerned, so there’s no need for that “all in” offseason many thought Jerry prophesied.

4. The 5 million restructure making Daks mega hit next season a little more manageable. They could’ve saved 20+ million by resigning him, but they chose to just save 5 and not resign him. Very telling.

5. Then the news of Dak and Dallas agreeing to play out his last year comes out further showing that things seem to be reaching a divorce point.

6. Rumors of a trade to Las Vegas. Are they true? Probably not, but it’s just more smoke for the already fire.

7. Daks legal trouble. What comes of this is anybody’s guess, but it doesn’t help Dak. Thats for certain.

8. Rumors the Cowboys take a QB in the 1st round. Will they? It remains to be seen, but again, just more smoke for the now bonfire sized fire.

9. Jerry is a businessman first. We know his football knowledge is remedial, but he knows how to make money. Businessmen aren’t going to get suckered twice by the same guy. He got played once by Dak, but that ego won’t allow it to happen again.

10. The players families piling on also. They aren’t saying anything they don’t hear from other players. Heck, even Tad wants Dak out at this point.

I don’t see how any of this is trending in the “Dak gets resigned” territory.
1. Dak was bad and so was the entire team.
2. Trying to make sense of Jerry's comments is like trying to tie your shoes with your elbows.
3. The Cowboys don't spend money even when they have it to spend.
4. The 5 million restructure gave the Cowboys room to re-sign Sieg, Lewis, Goodwin, Dowdle, etc.
5. Dak can play out his deal and the long term effects of the cap remain the same.
6. There were never any Dak-to-Vegas rumors. Craig Carton made it all up.
7. We wouldn't even have heard of Dak's legal trouble if he didn't counter-sue his accuser.
8. The Cowboys see Trey Lance as their QB investment this year. It's how they think.
9. The Cowboys, even with Dak's cap hit, are in terrific cap shape next year, with anywhere from $83 to $100 million in space.
10. The family stuff is all reactionary. If Tad Prescott was on this forum he would read the comments and attack so many of us he would get banned.

I'm not saying there isn't any smoke to the Dak fire, but we all know how the Jones' do business. They sit on their hands and end up overpaying. They'll just do it again in my opinion.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The defense was bad - but the defense also had the disadvantage of having a lot of key guys injured or playing hurt. The LB's were so decimated that we were rolling with Safeties as a means to mask the problem. In blame the front office for not actually getting the defense any help.

Dak playing like crap is basically now a given. 3 of his last 4 playoff games he has played like dog crap with the lone exception coming against Tampa.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
1. Dak was bad and so was the entire team.
2. Trying to make sense of Jerry's comments is like trying to tie your shoes with your elbows.
3. The Cowboys don't spend money even when they have it to spend.
4. The 5 million restructure gave the Cowboys room to re-sign Sieg, Lewis, Goodwin, Dowdle, etc.
5. Dak can play out his deal and the long term effects of the cap remain the same.
6. There were never any Dak-to-Vegas rumors. Craig Carton made it all up.
7. We wouldn't even have heard of Dak's legal trouble if he didn't counter-sue his accuser.
8. The Cowboys see Trey Lance as their QB investment this year. It's how they think.
9. The Cowboys, even with Dak's cap hit, are in terrific cap shape next year, with anywhere from $83 to $100 million in space.
10. The family stuff is all reactionary. If Tad Prescott was on this forum he would read the comments and attack so many of us he would get banned.

I'm not saying there isn't any smoke to the Dak fire, but we all know how the Jones' do business. They sit on their hands and end up overpaying. They'll just do it again in my opinion.
If you think Tad has not been on this forum, you better think again! Hell, there are 8 or 9 Tads right now.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's moments like this where you wish you had a real GM.
I often wonder what it's like to have a real GM, and then I realize that it's wishful thinking. Then I get sad.

e6f189aa002a41b09f7e1ec1506e8787.gif

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I just can’t see how he will come out of this without going somewhere else.

Send him to Vegas and the fans will love him there. They are starved for a QB.
His honeymoon in Vegas won't last long. Raiders fans are almost as angry and restless as Cowboys fans right now over the prolonged lack of success.