Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
This is why I hated the pick on draft night. Would've been better with Kyle King and his 6'3 frame.

But, we drafted Taco. Move him inside to DT already, he's not a DE

ALBIT

Reaction score
None of it sounds promising. We are just going to have to wait and see, but I have a feeling the Cowboys are a little more concerned then they are leading on. Time will only tell

Verdict

Reaction score
@erod had already made up his mind before even seeing Taco play, so there is a definite bias there.

Taco did not have a good game last night, but only played about 15 snaps and in some of those snaps, he dropped into coverage (only seven pass rush attempts). He's going to take some time. He needs to get stronger and learn some better technique, but he has the measurables, work ethic, and the coaching to succeed

Awuzie did not have the best game either, btw.

Not all of his measuarables are "good" but that doesn't mean that he is destined to be a bust.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
if you use last draft as an example, we would have to trade up for the speedy DE but the blitz OLB was still available.

Yes, if we are talking about last draft, that's true but for example, if we look at the 2016 draft, there was much more flexibility to move down and take other players, rather then using it on Zeke. That was not a very popular idea and it didn't happen but honestly, we could have leveraged that pick to try and bring in that speed guy.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yes, if we are talking about last draft, that's true but for example, if we look at the 2016 draft, there was much more flexibility to move down and take other players, rather then using it on Zeke. That was not a very popular idea and it didn't happen but honestly, we could have leveraged that pick to try and bring in that speed guy.

but we got that guy in the 2nd round in jaylon.
we just need 1 more.
i dont care if that is tapper, taco or someone else

mmohican29

Reaction score
He needs a lot of work on his technique. He looked like he had the size and athleticism to be a solid DE, but his hand placement and technique is pretty putrid right now. He's certainly a project. While I like Marinelli and he knows more about D-Linemen than I could ever possibly know...he seems to be such a big effort and 'don't loaf' type of coach that it may be his blind spot when it comes to D-Linemen.

YR

Couldn't agree more with the latter of your post YR.

Whenever the Cowboys need a pass rush it ends up looking like barking dobermans on chain leash. Sound and Fury signifying nothing. It's maddening watching 300lb men furiously straining to gain even a half yard of real estate.

gmoney112

Reaction score
He may or may not succeed in the league.

But there's only one certainty

Not one of you jackwagons can make any sort of definitive analysis based on last night's scrimmage.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Rueben Foster supposedly looks tremendous in San Francisco.

He might be a great football player...

Or possibly the rest of the team stinks to high heaven and has bottom 5 NFL talent currently to contrast what he brings to the table right now?