Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

erod

Reaction score
Yes you do know. So a little over 3 months after the draft, why do you have to start already?
Because I haven't heard a single positive thing about him so far, and last night he got whooped by nobodies.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I think everybody wanted Foster because this team has a real need at MLB. I mean, if you have Lee and Smith, you can get away with a thumper in the middle and if you've been keeping up with Foster, reports are that he is showing a lot more mobility and flexibility in the passing game. He may not be as stiff as a lot of people projected him to be.

As to being in jail, that's definitely a possibility.

Time will tell I guess.
How he plays for his size is a concern as well. I'm very curious to see how his career ends up.

erod

Reaction score
So what you are saying is this sure fire first rounder stud pick needs to show up in his third year? Interesting. I thought first rounders have to be Pro Bowlers from day 1.
Jones looked like an athlete with ability from Day 1. He looked the part of a first-round pick. Flashed multiple times.

Taco shows nothing like that. He looks like a speed bump with no athletic ability.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You're trying way too hard with that thread title and I have no idea what you're even trying to accomplish here.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You're trying way too hard with that thread title and I have no idea what you're even trying to accomplish here.

Its 9 pages of proof that fans are impatient. Show me the rookie DL who looked great right out of the gate and I'll show you maybe one guy (Maliek Collins) in the last ten years.

erod

Reaction score
lee, jaylon, other LB - i count 3
also jaylon has the speed of a DB.
in a 3rd and long, i would take a pass rush speedy LB over Lee.
Lee is the best coverage linebacker on the team. Maybe the best in the NFL other than Kuechly.

75boyz

Reaction score
One meaningless preseason game, I know. First live action in the NFL, yes, I know. But last night was decidedly unimpressive last night from Taco Charlton.

So I went back and watched his snaps again. Maybe I just missed something while the defense was getting torched early. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Maybe I need to chill.

Nope, it was even worse than I thought.

Absolutely no explosion off the snap. No twitch or quickness to him. No strength to push the pocket whatsoever. Not a single pass rush move that even looked like a pass rush move.

And this was against scrubs. He played like a three-toed sloth. Moved like molasses.

I realize pass rushers generally take a year or two to get their feet under them in the NFL. But even before that, you can see athleticism and that "special" quality that made them worthy of a first-round pick. You could see it immediately in Demarcus Ware. Randy Gregory looked different than the others. Demarcus Lawrence's athleticism was apparent. Charles Tapper certainly looks the part, even as a 4th-rounder.

I was hoping Taco could become a poor man's Greg Ellis. I'm afraid this is just another Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, or Ebennezer Ekuban.

I just see nothing there at all. I hope desperately that I'm wrong.
My cowardice as a hyper sensitive poster fearing personal attacks keeps me from starting posts just like these...

Also on the contrary and in agreement with FlaCowpoke, Jones looked almost as bad and I have never been the biggest fan of his broad jump selection pick.

I guess I will join you as a small minority who agrees with your criticisms and the justifications for those remarks on this player. Regardless of all the previous rebuttal reasons given for allowing developmental time.