Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
but we got that guy in the 2nd round in jaylon.
we just need 1 more.
i dont care if that is tapper, taco or someone else

Well, we hope we did. We don't know that, for sure, just yet. I hope we did but honestly, I don't see Smith as that Pass Rushing guy. I hope he is but I don't know that he is, even if healthy.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Gilligan used this chance to move in !!!!!

Skipper and Gilligan moving in

Gilligan scores
bca5cca1ecb91428187795c9edea5f2d.jpg

Gilligan Scores
tumblr_m2805uTSGo1rs5ahvo1_1280.jpg

Skipper plays the shy game
gilligans-island-s02e22-forward-march-internal-dvdrip-xvid-sprin.jpg

Skipper making his move
ca7a322d62e812ff6908fcebe642530b

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
None of it sounds promising. We are just going to have to wait and see, but I have a feeling the Cowboys are a little more concerned then they are leading on. Time will only tell

Do you realize that people were calling Zeke a bust last year? Believe it or not this happened on this board. Then the season happened. The point is when will we learn to RELAX? Football is a sport of unseen development, chemistry, and infinite variables THAT CANNOT ALWAYS BE DETERMINED AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME. This happens every year and it's shocking.

erod

Reaction score
Do you realize that people were calling Zeke a bust last year? Believe it or not this happened on this board. Then the season happened. The point is when will we learn to RELAX? Football is a sport of unseen development, chemistry, and infinite variables THAT CANNOT ALWAYS BE DETERMINED AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME. This happens every year and it's shocking.
Zeke was never called a bust. Not by a legitimate human. The talent was incredibly obvious.

Taco got destroyed by nobodies last night. Concerning.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, if you are going to use a pressure Defense, then you pretty much have to have LBs who can cover short. When you bring the pressure, your gonna see a lot of hot routes to RBs, WRs and TEs, all making route adjustments. Gotta be able to cover those with LBs.

Exactly. This is why I don't understand why Cowboys do not sign guys like Washington or Orr. Both are excellent in coverage.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I'll never understand these posts.

A guy played 16 snaps, and we have people already calling him a bust. This guy is just a week into his pro career.

Whining about him serves no purpose other than egos of people that wanted someone else in the draft.

Like it or not, Taco is on the team. He's a Cowboy. You can either be patient with him or be miserable.

FWIW, I didn't see Taco get blown back one time .

Who is whining? Who called him a bust?

It's far too early to call him a bust. But It's not too early to have an opinion based on what we've seen--as limited as that is. If he had 4 sacks, would you still be saying it's only 16 snaps?

We all want him to be the next JPP. Some of don't think that's likely, however --and that's okay.

LittleD

Reaction score
Come now. Most of us didn't think Taco was going to even get close enough to sniff a War Daddy's jock. He is
in fact a carbon copy of Greg Ellis drafted at the bottom of round 1 in the draft. Was he a good choice, who knows until year
3 if he lasts that long. Greg Ellis was not that bad and had some good years but, he will never make the HOF. Let's give Marrinelli at
least another couple of months to see if he can get some skillset drilled into the Taco chip.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

Nobody is saying the book is closed. Of course we're going to talk about every data point we have access to. I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to be concerned by what we've seen and read to this point.

It's funny; it's the folks telling us to relax that are taking things a bit too seriously. We know it's a preaseason game. We know it's early. We know! That doesn't mean there isn't room to be concerned--and reserve the right to be higher on him when his play and practice justifies it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Imagine this being the first contact game he's played in 7 months, let alone a new system/league. Do you not think he was a little overwhelmed trying to digest his assignments, hence the hesitation off the snap? Let's tap the brakes and give these guys some time to knock off the rust.

While that is true, it cuts both ways. If he can't get it done against scrubs how will he get it done against 1st team players.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Come now. Most of us didn't think Taco was going to even get close enough to sniff a War Daddy's jock. He is
in fact a carbon copy of Greg Ellis drafted at the bottom of round 1 in the draft. Was he a good choice, who knows until year
3 if he lasts that long. Greg Ellis was not that bad and had some good years but, he will never make the HOF. Let's give Marrinelli at
least another couple of months to see if he can get some skillset drilled into the Taco chip.

I'll be stoked with a Greg Ellis. Put him on the left side.

Verdict

Reaction score

Ellis was drafted higher. His ceiling is probably lower than Ellis, but not because of draft slot. He is a slower player than Ellis.

LittleD

Reaction score
Ellis was drafted higher. His ceiling is probably lower than Ellis, but not because of draft slot. He is a slower player than Ellis.

He's a rookie and right now he's trying to play football with an NFL baby brain. He needs to develop and this takes time in the NFL. Things
will eventually slow down for him and he can let whatever speed he has go fully on each play. He may never be great and that is the fact of
drafting at the end of each round in the draft.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes it was a meaningless game in terms of the score but not meaningless when evaluating the guys on the field. Taco was going up against guys who won't even make the Cardinals roster. Coupled with his underwhelming camp and last night's performance, there definitely is cause for concern. Even his d-coordinator came out and said he was not good enough.

But I get it. The rah rah cheerleaders will attack anyone who has any concerns about a player. And demean their opinion. To prop themselves up as superfans.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Zeke was never called a bust. Not by a legitimate human. The talent was incredibly obvious.

Taco got destroyed by nobodies last night. Concerning.

Dude I promise you ZEKE WAS CALLED A BUST and not worth the #4 pick on this board. I bet my life on it and it was a popular opinion at that. He was also subpar in game 1 vs NYG and was buried for that. Some said he was not worth the pick, some said he had no moves, wasn't elusive with "no wiggle"... etc.. We live in a message board world where everyone MUST declare right away.. or have everything "figured out"..

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Yes it was a meaningless game in terms of the score but not meaningless when evaluating the guys on the field. Taco was going up against guys who won't even make the Cardinals roster. Coupled with his underwhelming camp and last night's performance, there definitely is cause for concern. Even his d-coordinator came out and said he was not good enough.

But I get it. The rah rah cheerleaders will attack anyone who has any concerns about a player. And demean their opinion. To prop themselves up as superfans.

The point is... where do we go from here? Do we allow him to continue to practice.. learn-develop in camp.. should he play in preseason game #2 or do we label him a bust ... cut him? try to trade for him? Continue to trash him?

ufcrules1

Reaction score

I don't care what anyone thinks, Taco looks like a massive bust to me. Looks like he doesn't even
belong on the field.