Management dropped the ball

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Oh man all I could think about last night was if we had von Miller coming off edge with parsons how nasty our defense would’ve been. Not even mentioning dlaw to the picture. Wow management don’t wanna win
He had extra motivation against Rams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The AFC is a much tougher conference than the NFC. Half of Dallas's wins came against the NFC East. The Cowboys were 1 and done in the playoffs. The Bills beat a tough Pittsburgh team then went into OT against the Chiefs. I'd say based on the playoff performances, the Bills were closer to a SB then than Dallas who looked overmatched by the Wild Card 49ers.

I’d say that you’re alone in your position and reasoning.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Oh man all I could think about last night was if we had von Miller coming off edge with parsons how nasty our defense would’ve been. Not even mentioning dlaw to the picture. Wow management don’t wanna win
When I saw : Management Dropped the Ball,
My first thought was: Which Time ???
:lmao::banghead::(

Dre11

Reaction score
31 other teams did not all have the cap space to do it and were not all in a position where they were a key player or two away from being serious contenders.

Yet they offered Miller a decent contract and he refused for more money.

Dre11

Reaction score
31 other teams did not all have the cap space to do it and were not all in a position where they were a key player or two away from being serious contenders.

Plenty of teams could've had him

starman22

Reaction score
Reading about Miller, he left LA, who did try to retain him, for the Bills due to they offered the most amount of money and the team they built including players on their team such as Diggs and Allen.
So, chance for the most cash and a team with realistic SB chances.

IIRC the hoopla about Miller in Dallas was that he did mention Dallas as an option but the Cowboys offered him the same contract they did to RG and he wanted a bit more

They were saying on the broadcast last night that Von Miller wants to be the first player to win a super bowl with 3 different teams. That is why the Rams could not retain his services.

Dre11

Reaction score
All 31 teams didn't have a need for an edge rusher. We did after Gregory bolted.

Again, that whole situation shows how bad Jerry and Stephen are at this stuff. Gregory was such a vital DE for us that we were willing to give him $70 million, for frankly what had been decent production up until now. They clearly wanted him back to fill that other DE spot opposite Lawrence. So they viewed a need and tried to not create a hole by paying Gregory (and based on the contract they were willing to hand him they thought he was a upper level DE) a large chunk of change.

If DE wasn't that big of a need then why even offer Gregory that money? By offering him that much money you made it clear that 1) you realized you would have a big hole at DE 2) that you thought you needed a high end DE to fill taht hole.

But Gregory bolts and suddenly, I guess, we had no need for a high level DE anymore.

Except, you're missing they offered that contract to Miller who turned it down for more in Buffalo

Dre11

Reaction score
They didn’t offer a decent contract, they offered him what they offered Gregory despite Miller being a drastically better player in every way. They cannot have honestly expected him to take that offer.

At 33 years old that contract was more than fair, he wanted to cash in , and they would've been done to give him that contract Buffalo did for a year maybe 2. Glad you're not signing players

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think LA could afford what Von was looking for. He WANTED to play for Dallas and could have been a huge addition. That's why Dallas specifically is being called out.
umm nope they singed Wagner for about the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Um which part. The only team with more cap space than the Cowboys is the Browns. Every other NFC contender got weaker. The Cowboys had the cap space to not get weaker and try to go for it but did not. Every aspect of what I said is true.

Just wrong, period..

its one game lets judge all the moves after the season..

umm ok if we go by one game Dak tons Better then Stafford right show me 17INT season last year and now 3 picks at home game 1 for this overrated Zoners who are dak haters..those all over staffs junk this offseason saying we should have made that trade are redunkulous. when's the last game dak threw 3 ints? i cant remember one but hey Stffs the best 40mil qb EVER says CZ..honetly we all know many games including the SB that rams defense bailed out Stafford's bad games.

stafford got taste of daks situation., OL didn't play well, no run game, and defense wasn't stopping many drives. thats what happens to QBs without support. They start forcing the ball.

time to move on..thread is moot, overreaction of one game..

so yes all wrong,. Anyone on board with the OP are wrong.

WRONG

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Von gets a chance to contend on the Bills, and Dallas couldn't exactly offer the same thing.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The Bills looked like an up and coming team last season, with a definitive need on the DL, which they addressed. The Cowboys looked overmatched by a beat up 49ers team. The Cowboys did nothing to really address their losses in the off season so they are a team on a downward trend. I would take note of last night's game and the Rams OL, because that is where the Cowboys OL is right now. Adding Vo Miller, would not address the Cowboys biggest problem going into 2022.
With our offense taking a step back....a lock down defense will be necessary to just win the NFC East

blueblood70

Reaction score
google is free. wagner signed a 5 year contract for 50 mil. von signed 120 mil contract with 50 mil guaranteed
they both are worth close to the same AAV you google it yourself

total money and years dont matter its what guaranteed and for how long etc. we already discussed it when it happened and the deals are very close , actual AAV guaranteed money.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
they do not need your approval that for sure..now go away..
they don't need my approval....but they do need my money....but luckily you probably spend enough for the both of us...so I will just keep mine in my pocket.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With our offense taking a step back....a lock down defense will be necessary to just win the NFC East
Lock down which vaunted offense LMAO.. you are overrating the east , yes better defense will be needed to get to the NFCCG but the east. I spit out my coke bro.,

blueblood70

Reaction score
they don't need my approval....but they do need my money....but luckily you probably spend enough for the both of us...so I will just keep mine in my pocket.
NOPE good thing you also don't know squat about that..they live rent free in your head, you are here taking special time out of your day to discuss jonses team. Yup thats an investment, you bet it is.

Normal fan jaded about ownership sign up to talk about the team they believe they are protesting.

Proof

Reaction score
they both are worth close to the same AAV you google it yourself

total money and years dont matter its what guaranteed and for how long etc. we already discussed it when it happened and the deals are very close , actual AAV guaranteed money.

you just choose to be dense lol. vons aav is 20 mil, wagoners is 10. vons gtd money is more than warner’s contract lol. you’re just loud and wrong