Management dropped the ball

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you guys ever tire of defending the Clown Circus that is the Jones boys?
fans like me that want to see the entire season play out before making ignorant comments about things they with their eyes and make it a reality.:huh: VM played one good game now we should feel lime its mistake not signing him..jeez what hardheaded lack of common sense of fanbase we have,,ONE GAME

do fans like you ever tire of chatting on everything's cowboys while claiming you are cowboys' fans?? doesn't sound like it.:facepalm::rolleyes:

Proof

Reaction score
actually, we made VM a lessor offer, he declined. thats a public thing players say but they offered him Gregory money from what i read..he didn't want it.so Like i said it was good non-signing but that for sure will be determined after 17 games. Lets see VM vs our pass rush numbers after all 17..can we actually see more than one game..i mean if we are predicting, that means afford will have 51ints going on game 1..wow thats crazy..LOL:lmao2::lmao2:

ONE GAME doesn't give you data on what we lost out on OK!:facepalm: Just STOP

yeah i’m not going off of one game. i’m going off of body of work. i wanted him here, this “one game” did nothing to dissuade my previous thoughts. and again you seem to not quite understand. there is a wide gulf between what the cowboys offered and what he signed for with the bills. less than with them. more than we offered. you’re entitled to your opinion, but please stop confusing facts

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh man all I could think about last night was if we had von Miller coming off edge with parsons how nasty our defense would’ve been. Not even mentioning dlaw to the picture. Wow management don’t wanna win

He would have been one of my costly vet signings this year to try to put us over the top. But I don't think we can say they dropped the ball yet until we see what Fowler/Williams does and get further into the season. For one game, Miller was definitely worth the cost for Buffalo.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Von was a stud last nite.
On the flipside, if they keep playing him every snap, he won't last, not at his age.

I believe position has to be factored into health concerns as well as like-minded players who were as committed and skilled as a Von Miller is.

Bruce Smith played until he was 40, starting at least 14 games 5 consecutive seasons after turning 35.

Julius Peppers played until he was 38. He appeared in 16 games every single season after turning 30.

Terrell Suggs played until he was 37. He started 15, 16, 16, and 13 games his final 4 years.

Kevin Greene played until he was 37. From 28-37 he only had 1 season where he didn’t start 15 games.

Cameron Wake broke down health-wise at 37. But at 35 and 36 he started 14 and 16 games.

Reggie White played until 39, missing 2 total games after his 27th birthday.

Von Miller isn’t 37, he’s not 36, he’s not even 35. He’s still only 33.

I can’t even think of any other edge rushers on Von Miller’s level over the last 25 years. It is a position, if the player has the drive that these guys have had, that is very favorable to late career sustainability. It is entirely plausible he plays out that entire Bills contract relatively in one piece.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Oh man all I could think about last night was if we had von Miller coming off edge with parsons how nasty our defense would’ve been. Not even mentioning dlaw to the picture. Wow management don’t wanna win
The sad thing is that he wasn’t that expensive.

Reactions: BAT

Shane612

Reaction score
Woulda shoulda coulda...
Did the cowboys have cap space even to try?

rambo2

Reaction score
I disagree with you. I feel that management has built an outstanding team. Looking forward to watching the guys that they did sign. Fowler, Turpin, Barr, and Peters along with the outstanding rookie class that they have added and the improvement of players that they already had. It is going to be exciting to watch.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lazy take but popular because people are lazy by default.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2025, 3 YR, $52,470,000

Dallas was never paying a 33 year old DE 50M+ in real money for 3 years.
That is insane.

Sydla

Reaction score
lazy take but popular because people are lazy by default.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2025, 3 YR, $52,470,000

Dallas was never paying a 33 year old DE 50M+ in real money for 3 years.
That is insane.

Why not? The cap hits wouldn't have been all that different if they had signed Gregory. So what you are saying here is the Cowboys are cheap?

It was reported that the contract he signed in Denver was similar to the one he had here (some reports are the Denver deal was actually a better structure for them than Dallas'). That contract has cap hits of $6 million, $16 million and $16 million. Miller's cap hits are $5 million, $18 million and $21 million over the same three seasons. Miller is the better player and likely will be the better player for the next three years.

Adreme

Reaction score
If Cowboys offered that deal you guys would be pissed.

He basically got a 3 year 54 million deal with team options to have him for 17 and 19 million years 4 and 5 if he is still playing at a high level. That was a fantastic deal for the Bills. If the Cowboys matched that deal they would be smart.

Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
With our offense taking a step back....a lock down defense will be necessary to just win the NFC East

One thing that should be mentioned regarding the non-signing of Von Miller. Miller signed with the Bills on March 16, 2022. Gregory signed with Denver 2 days later. When Miller was on the market the Cowboys thought they would be signing Randy Gregory and wouldn't need Miller.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Mickey Spags says you can't have a steak on every plate.

terra

Reaction score
fans like me that want to see the entire season play out before making ignorant comments about things they with their eyes and make it a reality.:huh: VM played one good game now we should feel lime its mistake not signing him..jeez what hardheaded lack of common sense of fanbase we have,,ONE GAME

do fans like you ever tire of chatting on everything's cowboys while claiming you are cowboys' fans?? doesn't sound like it.:facepalm::rolleyes:
Fans like you ENABLE Jerry and company to keep up the mediocrity.
THOSE LIKE YOU have made the boys the also rans they are now

nobody

Reaction score
Fans like you ENABLE Jerry and company to keep up the mediocrity.
THOSE LIKE YOU have made the boys the also rans they are now

Honestly, I think he's either related to the Jones or is paid by the organization.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why not? The cap hits wouldn't have been all that different if they had signed Gregory. So what you are saying here is the Cowboys are cheap?

It was reported that the contract he signed in Denver was similar to the one he had here (some reports are the Denver deal was actually a better structure for them than Dallas'). That contract has cap hits of $6 million, $16 million and $16 million. Miller's cap hits are $5 million, $18 million and $21 million over the same three seasons. Miller is the better player and likely will be the better player for the next three years.

Not signing Randy is the best bit of business Stephen ever did for the Franchise.

To answer the OP, the DE, or pass-rushing in general is not going to be in our top 5 concerns this season.