Video: Mark Schlereth | 3x Super Bowl Champ: Prescott is a Upper Echelon, Super Bowl Caliber & Best QB NFC

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You and @KJJ are correct. There’s 2 independent truths that are both correct. Our ownership can not build a playoff team and our QB can not handle playoff pressure.
The team can’t handle playoff pressure. No one including our best defensive player is showing up in the playoffs. We’re looking to extend three players with massive contracts who haven’t gotten it done in postseason.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we don’t extend him who can we get that’s better? You’re a Dak who could care less who replaces him.
Sammy Football, 2025 draft.

The best way to attempt to find a topnotch QB is to suck for a couple years and get positioned at the top of the draft. Nothing is guaranteed, as it never is.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Age made Brady retire.
That was not the narrative back then, it was Dak that made Brady retire because of that one fluck playoff game against a team that should have never been in the playoffs to begin with. Hell, it was such a beat down that even Brady's wife left him in shame!

kskboys

Reaction score
That was not the narrative back then, it was Dak that made Brady retire because of that one fluck playoff game against a team the should have never been in the playoffs to begin with.
No joke? Who in hades pushed that ridiculous narrative?

plymkr

Reaction score
The team can’t handle playoff pressure. No one including our best defensive player is showing up in the playoffs. We’re looking to extend three players with massive contracts who haven’t gotten it done in postseason.
I agree. I’ve said this several times. If Dak, CD and Micah want history with their contracts then they need to make history on the field.

If I had my way I’d trade Micah now, keep CD, and let Dak play out his contract or trade him if he would wave his NTC. I feel exactly the same about Micah that I do about Dak. Signing them long term will cripple our team financially and on the field. Dak is a great regular season QB and doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Micah is a no show past Thanksgiving. The idea of paying Micah a massive amount is ridiculous to me. He’s a no show in half the regular season. I’d keep CD right now but I go back and forth on that.

But Micah, Dak, DLaw all are wasted contracts IMO. They are invisible in big games and if I had my way we’d trade all three and spend that draft capital on rebuilding the trenches.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ESPN slipped Schlereth all the pro Cowboys teleprompter messages.

He had the supportive thing going with Jerry on the FA inactivity as well.

Network producers gotta throw a change-up into the story lines every once in a while to keep it interesting.
Its this.

Paying Dak is not smart and that’s proven.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve said this several times. If Dak, CD and Micah want history with their contracts then they need to make history on the field.

If I had my way I’d trade Micah now, keep CD, and let Dak play out his contract or trade him if he would wave his NTC. I feel exactly the same about Micah that I do about Dak. Signing them long term will cripple our team financially and on the field. Dak is a great regular season QB and doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Micah is a no show past Thanksgiving. The idea of paying Micah a massive amount is ridiculous to me. He’s a no show in half the regular season. I’d keep CD right now but I go back and forth on that.

But Micah, Dak, DLaw all are wasted contracts IMO. They are invisible in big games and if I had my way we’d trade all three and spend that draft capital on rebuilding the trenches.
We have to figure out why our regular seasons aren’t translating to the playoffs. Our best players aren’t showing up in the playoffs. Our best regular season performances aren’t showing up in the playoffs. Our worst regular season performances are showing up in postseason and it’s become very troubling.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Poor Dak! That is sissy stuff to Romo. Romo would never let a little woo woo knock off his game. He played with a punctured lung, but nothing is said about that.
Romo didn't finish the game because of his punctured lung. You forgot to mention that.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It’s not apologists it’s realists. The BIG problem is the team primarily the defense never shows up in the playoffs. The running game and repeated penalties are an issue. You fans who put it all in Dak and claim the Joneses don’t want to win aren’t seeing things clearly.
Yeah, no. There isn't a fan on this board with an ounce of sanity who still thinks Daddy&Son are concerned about winning. Say what you want about Dak, but this FO has completely checked out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forgot. Romo did finish it after sitting out the whole 3rd quarter after taking a painkiller shot and waiting for it to take effect.
Romo suffered the injury when Niners linebacker Ahmad Brooks hit him on a 25-yard completion to tight end Jason Witten on the game's third play. Romo managed to get through the first half but missed all but 37 seconds of the third quarter as the medical staff waited for pain-killing medicine to take effect. (link)