Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think it is funny that the argument against the trade has mostly been boiled down to, "Jones did it on his own so it will fail."

I am not a fan of Jerry but it is just poor analysis.
It really is. This is just the latest and laziest of Cowboys trolling efforts for clicks.

**Imagine a team wishing to upgrade the QB2 position AND potentially develop a top talent AT THE SAME TIME**. Pure craziness. Oh that senile Jerry Jones is at it again, smh.

Geesh. Jerry can't win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don;t like it when people listen to the talking heads. Some pople just want to search for whatever suits their narrative. They are straight up liars when they say this isn't about protecting Dak.

They called Rush a noodle arm and wanted to tank the season when Dak went down...but when we attempt bring in real backup QB...they find something to object to...and some random pos talking head to rationalize their agenda.
Go throw your Dak tantrums somewhere else. This thread is not about Dak. You've been told several times, yet you continue. Keep it up and you will be reported because at this point you are trolling and intentionally trying to cause trouble.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What "controversy"?
I said potential controversy.

Adding a 23 year old, 3rd overall pick to the QB room is no small change. You have to admit that it brings the potential to create a problem, especially if the team hits a rough patch.

Hell, according to many in the media and here at the Zone its already a problem. Just the noise will be a distraction. It may not be a problem at all, I don't know. It's naive to just write off
the potential, though.

I would have made the trade. I would also have given my HC a call to get his input to avoid the obvious problems not doing so will bring.

I really don't care either way, though. Just trying to straighten out a misconception that MM gave his input on pulling the trigger on the trade.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Uhhh, Jerry admitted on camera he notified nobody about the trade for Trey Lance. What more do y'all want? SMH

No Jerry didn't say "He" in that clip, he said "WE" notified nobody. Big difference between He and We.
Listen to the clip, he said "We".
Obviously "we" didn't include Dak according to Dak's statement, but "we" would appear to support MM's statement that he was involved to some degree.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No Jerry didn't say "He" in that clip, he said "WE" notified nobody. Big difference between He and We.
Listen to the clip, he said "We".
Obviously "we" didn't include Dak according to Dak's statement, but "we" would appear to support MM's statement that he was involved to some degree.
Where is that McCarthy statement?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I agree completely that Jerry is the achilles heel of the organization, but I do not get all the crying over this move at all. They spent a 4th rd pick on a talented kid who hasn't played much football but has huge upside. I am a Dak fan, but until you have a top 3-5 qb you should always be looking for one. There's no downside to this move. If I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't touch the field, learns the offense, plays well in the preseason next year. Then maybe there's some options. Make him qb2, tear up the rookie contract and resign him or shop him.
I agree JW, I don't understand why all the hullabaloo. I mean big freaking deal!! If the guy turns out to be a good QB, then we STOLE him!! If he's not, then all we lost was a 4th round pick!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I also think it's a bit deeper than that. It was lining up a shot and getting 2 for 1:

1. He sends a message to Dak:
  • Will Grier and Dak are close. So close apparently he basically lived with Dak. Well, guess who knows that and still made the move without telling either one? Dak is definitely going to take this personally and as an escalation of their cold war.
2. He scratches his "gl0ry h0le" itch. He needs to wildcat and since he got rich that way, he knows no other way than to trust his "superior instincts".

So, I think he saw leverage against Dak, petty revenge against Dak for taking his team hostage and an opportunity to "strike it rich" and establish his football bonafides. He didn't NEED a seconder...it's kinda why he bought the team.

We are so screwed...the only thing we can hope is that this blind squirrel will find a nut.
That actually makes more sense because I can't believe Dak feels threatened by a QB that can't even be a backup right now. But you are right. Dak and Grier were good friends. I actually think that's why Dak looks pissed right now.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Jerry gives two st‘s what this guy thinks lol
That's probably true, and same here. Schlereth was just shooting his mouth off over nothing, trying to sound important. I just don't see where's there's any big deal about any of it. If the kid has the talent, great! If he doesn't, it's no big loss.

Vabchshark

Reaction score
I agree completely that Jerry is the achilles heel of the organization, but I do not get all the crying over this move at all. They spent a 4th rd pick on a talented kid who hasn't played much football but has huge upside. I am a Dak fan, but until you have a top 3-5 qb you should always be looking for one. There's no downside to this move. If I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't touch the field, learns the offense, plays well in the preseason next year. Then maybe there's some options. Make him qb2, tear up the rookie contract and resign him or shop him.
You are exactly right! Had Philthy done this, oh Howie is a genius! Because it's Dallas "oh Jerry doesn't know what he's doing, it's always something, bad move"! Just a bunch of overreaction....

KB1122

Reaction score
What was it Joe Gibbs once said? " (GM) Bobby (Beatherd) decides who comes to camp. I decide who leaves camp."