Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Add to the fact that Jerry hired T.O. without talking to Parcells. That not the right way to operate a team. It's a distraction

In case you didn't read the article, it says Schlereth didn't like that Jones didn't let Dak know before trading for Lance.
Now there are Dak fans here just looking for reasons to pounce on and bash the acquisition of Lance because they fear that Jones might actually be tired of Dak's choking.
Now, you know this, so why do you ask such silly questions?
Why now?Why wait until the end of training camp and make this decision? He could have gotten a decent QB if he wanted to in the draft. That way, it might not have been such a big distraction. I'll tell you why. Because Jerry wasn't getting enough attention, had to get him some more glory ho--in his mind.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Oh, look!
Someone who can make the Dak fans happy said something.
If only former NFL players would just shut their mouths and listen to the real experts here on this forum, the truth would be known.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Real dumb take. It's good for some Cowboys bashing click bait ..every GM in the league gets their own players, some times they ask the coach and sometimes they don't.
McCarthy was involved in the decision but not the transaction, he's the coach NOT the GM.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe a small faction (the usuals) are using trade to further their trolling agenda. I believe in this scenario both sides can be right if thats possible. He wasnt brought here to take Daks job. He was brought here to upgrade the back up position.. But if Dak falters and and is not willing to be more forthcoming with his negotiation tactics then the cowboys dont lose much (besides a boat load of money) and can move on. at this point there is a gap between them in favor of Dak but with some work I like Trey's upside and that gap can be minimized.

I still see an extension looming Daks contract was set up precisiely for it but Daks agent better plan on less money in his pocketbook. I care this much whether or not coach was told 0. but I think he was.
I have to agree. And that says a LOT! Because we do like to disagree with each other. :p:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's got nothing to do with Dak or Lance. Stop trolling. You intentionally do this crap all the time.
And yet you are the one that got your popcorn out on your own thread post #2.

Zone...consider yourself trolled....by a kid lecturing others about trolling.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's on the internet. Even YouTube. Mike McCarthy was referring to the pre-daft evaluation he had done of Lance two years ago. McCarthy was even caught off guard pre-game this past Saturday by the media because Jerry never asked McCarthy for his opinion on trading for Lance.
LOL.....that's your explanation? "It's all over the internet dude".

Childrens these days....good lord.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
uh, former Commander poo-poos Cowboys. ok, don't need to read that worthless opinion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My understanding is the same as AC's.
The Cowboys heavily scouted/evaluated Lance prior to the draft, hence the "I was involved in the evaluation" comment.

Now, a couple years later, Jerry made the decision to trade for Lance on his own.

My understanding came from listening to Jerry's words, posted here at the Zone.

It made an impression on me because I was happy about the trade and just assumed the HC would have been involved in the decision to bring this potential drama to the team at the beginning of such a promising season. Hearing that the HC had no input added some surprise and worry to my initial excited and happy.
So if that post was from two years ago...why did MM say "not involved in the business end"?

There was no "business" done two years ago. No transaction.

Look it that's the case. Fine. Where did the quote come from...and/...

WHO CARES?

Jerry trying to upgrade HIS...QB room. How is this some line in the sane for people? Especially people *****ing and moaning about "noodle arm" rush.

I respect your opinion.....but some of this doesn't add up. DO people LIKE the deal or not? Anybody ask MM? I suppose he will lie?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And yet you are the one that got your popcorn out on your own thread post #2.

Zone...consider yourself trolled....by a kid lecturing others about trolling.
That was specifically for you since you always get triggered.

It's real simple, if you've got nothing constructive to say, go find another thread to destruct.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It starts off with Schlereth mentioning Jerry not notifying McCarthy first, followed by Dak. He continued with...

“This is why the Cowboys will never win **** because Jerry Jones can’t help himself,” Schlereth said on the show. “I said it, it’s there.

“You think about Jerry Jones, you’re gonna go out there and you’re gonna make a trade for a guy without talking to anybody else in your organization, Steven Jones, your head coach Mike McCarthy, your quarterback.”

Schlereth, who played 12 seasons in the NFL with Washington and Denver, admitted that his issue wasn’t so much that Prescott wasn’t clued in as much as McCarthy wasn’t heavily involved.
He's wrong though. He misunderstood what McCarthy said (whether on purpose or not) and is ranting over it. (whether it's just to get noticed or not)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So if that post was from two years ago...why did MM say "not involved in the business end"?

There was no "business" done two years ago. No transaction.

Look it that's the case. Fine. Where did the quote come from...and/...

WHO CARES?

Jerry trying to upgrade HIS...QB room. How is this some line in the sane for people? Especially people *****ing and moaning about "noodle arm" rush.

I respect your opinion.....but some of this doesn't add up. DO people LIKE the deal or not? Anybody ask MM? I suppose he will lie?
I was just commenting on the facts as I know them. There seems to be confusion on whether McCarthy had any input on making the decision to add the potential drama problem to the locker room right now.

According to Jerry he did not. He was involved in the player evaluation a couple years ago, before the draft, but was not consulted before the trade. This is why MM says he was given input on the evaluation. He was. Two years ago.

I like the trade although I was surprised to hear the HC was given no input on adding a potential controversy to a legitimate contending team the week before the regular season begins. Player evaluation is only one aspect. A tight lockerroom is another. That is the domain of the HC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just commenting on the facts as I know them. There seems to be confusion on whether McCarthy had any input on making the decision to add the potential drama problem to the locker room right now.

According to Jerry he did not. He was involved in the player evaluation a couple years ago, before the draft, but was not consulted before the trade. This is why MM says he was given input on the evaluation. He was. Two years ago.

I like the trade although I was surprised to hear the HC was given no input on adding a potential controversy to a legitimate contending team the week before the regular season begins. Player evaluation is only one aspect. A tight lockerroom is another. That is the domain of the HC.
What "controversy"?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's wrong though. He misunderstood what McCarthy said (whether on purpose or not) and is ranting over it. (whether it's just to get noticed or not)
I don;t like it when people listen to the talking heads. Some pople just want to search for whatever suits their narrative. They are straight up liars when they say this isn't about protecting Dak.

They called Rush a noodle arm and wanted to tank the season when Dak went down...but when we attempt bring in real backup QB...they find something to object to...and some random pos talking head to rationalize their agenda.