Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
you missed his point. an organization. any organization can't operate in individual silos. those organization that work well together, usually succeed. his point was the Jerry operated in a silo. if he is running individually doing things and the rest of organization does similarly, in small fashions, then they are not on the same page, operating together and that leads to short comings and disaster. this is exactly what happened. this is very similar to the Roy Williams trade. everyone in the organization back then told him they don't want him. Jerry played fantasy football, made the trade and we all know how it worked out.
So you think that Jerry was on the phone all by himself? I have seen nothing to indicate that McClay and Stephen were not involved.

And you are just saying that it was Jerry and Jerry sucks or in your words is "playing fantasy football."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And I will say that given MM's praise of Lance in the most recent presser this whole take of others being undermined does not bear out in reality.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Part of me agrees.

But the other part of me understands that Jerry undermines everything, and it permeates the culture of the Dallas Cowboys.

Some people, including myself, think this has been one of biggest culprits of failure over the last 28 years.

So while the merits of the Lance trade require a deeper analysis years from now, Jerry doing things on his own is still a problem. (That's all assuming he did this on his own)
The all of me understands that Jerry is not all good or all bad. This absolutist all things Jerry fail is hat I was getting at in poor analysis.

phildadon86

Reaction score
An evaluation of Lance that happened two years ago before Lance was drafted by the 49ers. Today's Lance is a totally different player for the worse, so that evaluation pre-draft from two years ago means nothing. Some of you guys need to seriously stop making excuses for Jerry and being so disingenuous just because you personally like the trade.
I never make excuses for Jerry. Go check my track record lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just another blowhard…the teams talented but they’ll never win cuz Jerry sucks. Low hanging fruit argument. If Jerry sucks so bad then how is the team talented? It’s 83% homegrown talent. How will they win a lot of regular season games? I’m all for kicking Jerry and he does get in the way but if the eagles made this move, the chiefs made this move, bills made this move they’d say what a great way to be opportunistic and a shrewd deal.

Saying he didn’t consult with mm on this deal being the smoking gun - completely disregards that they have and do consult with mm on most deals as well as will McCLAY and SJ.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faux outrage in an effort to garner attention. The BSPN playbook since TO was doing crunches in his driveway.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Old Commander taking a shot at the Cowboys - who would have thunk? Sorry but he was never a commander word police!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh look, the same Dakfantaics (AC, Rock, et al) starting/posting a thread to somehow support Dak as usual from any perceived criticism or threat.

Funny though that within the article/comments by Schlereth is that he states that he in essence has no issue with Dak not being consulted but rather MM not being consulted....and the basis of his comments is more anti-Dallas than it is really about the Lance trade, especially when he says this:

"Schlereth does not seem confident the Cowboys will make a deep postseason run come January.

"Oh, they may win a bunch of regular-season games because they’re talented," Schlereth said. "They’ll get in the playoffs, and they’ll s--t in their helmets like they do every year … that’s the Cowboys."

Sorry but that has nothing to do with Lance but in fact has more to do with Dak, MM, and Jerry.....but of course, the Dakfanatics will reach all of the time to defend Dak.
Can you ever act grown up? Seriously. This has nothing to do with Dak. It's about Jerry not consulting with his head coach and flat out telling the media in an angry tone that he didn't do so because it's his team and not anyone else's.

_sturt_

Reaction score

Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade: ‘Cowboys will never win ****’​

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/mark-schlereth-rips-cowboys-jerry-jones-over-trey-lance-trade/
sleepy-yawn.gif

exciter

Reaction score

Mark Schlereth rips Jerry Jones over Trey Lance trade: ‘Cowboys will never win ****’​

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/mark-schlereth-rips-cowboys-jerry-jones-over-trey-lance-trade/
If they can teach him to read a defense they have a much more arm talented backup than the current lollipop ginger. If not they dropped a 4th (equivalent to a player that averages around 3 yrs in the league). Nothing to elicit this much bed wetting a whole week after the fact!

Bagman

Reaction score
All I know is one year ago today ,as a 49er, Trey Lance was a very talented and promising prospect who just needed more experience. A 3rd overall pick in the draft with every tool needed for success. The Niners were hailed as geniuses for jumping up to grab him. Fast forward 1 year. Lance sucks, he's a bust. Good riddance. The Cowboys wasted a pick. Jerry Jones is an idiot. Its just amazing how a guy can change teams and everyone in the media does a 180 on him. My professional opinion....Mark Schlereth sucks.