Twitter: Martin Contract Numbers

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Best player on the team (every down player, reliable, team leader, young player in his prime, can play multiple positions on the offensive line, no injury history/concerns unlike Sean Lee, & no off the field concerns unlike Zeke).
Oh, by the way he is the best player in entire NFL at his position.
Good deal for all parties.

zgtu.gif
Yet the players ranked him 2nd best guard behind DeCastro. Him being ranked 71 seems low based on how fans describe how great he is. That is a lot for an interior OL. Zeke and Dak will get double that and Dallas will not be able to field a 52 man team. Hope these guys can play defense too.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
We already have space available, and it's easy. We let La'el walk if he doesn't improve and likely let Zeke walk regardless.

Paying players big amounts of money only due to which side of the ball they play on is not a smart team-building strategy.
So you would rather let Zeke walk as opposed to Martin? Wow. I am glad you are not in charge.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We already have space available, and it's easy. We let La'el walk if he doesn't improve and likely let Zeke walk regardless.

Paying players big amounts of money only due to which side of the ball they play on is not a smart team-building strategy.
We don't have to let anyone walk

We have 127m in cap space in 2020 with over 30 players signed

CPanther95

Reaction score
Yet the players ranked him 2nd best guard behind DeCastro. Him being ranked 71 seems low based on how fans describe how great he is. That is a lot for an interior OL. Zeke and Dak will get double that and Dallas will not be able to field a 52 man team. Hope these guys can play defense too.

I agree with most that he's 2nd behind DeCastro ;) - but you can only really compare the same position for the Top 100, not necessarily where they are in relation to all other positions. OG and C are always underrepresented in the Top 100 because of the stupid way they accumulate the votes. Since the players only pick the Top 20 players, the skill positions are even more heavily weighted than they otherwise might be.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Who impacts a game more, a guard or defensive end?

And lets ignore that DLaw:

1. Had 8 sacks in a seaon before this one

2. Made the game winning play in a playoff game

Two back injuries doesn’t scare you before 25?

Martin has consistently been an all pro since being drafted... dlaw not so much

cern

Reaction score
Someone needs to thank Zeke for his lavish gift of 4x4s and Key West fishing vacation for his OL

Thanks buddy for those wiener guns
Not to mention the private jet. That's another 12 thousand, give or take a few bucks.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes D-Law, the dpoy candidate. You know, a player that can impact a game more than a guard can.

We havent won anything with Martin. That is even with an All-Pro QB, Wr, and RB.

We need to use more resources on the defensive side of the ball.

Correct!!!!!!......And we will continue to NOT WIN anything with all our Cap being invested in the Dallas Wall while our talent level on defense with the exception of Lee and D-law is bleeding year in year out! Today was another example of Jerry idiotic GM world and the hunger continues ......lol...wait till they 8 man us this season and the excuses that will be posted here...in the end its all the coaches fault that they cant make Diamonds out of pieces of coal......

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two back injuries doesn’t scare you before 25?

Martin has consistently been an all pro since being drafted... dlaw not so much

Do not sign D-law in fact Cut him NOW.. . ..who needs a Defense when you have the Dallas Wall baby!!.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

'Forgive them for they know not what they do'?

charleshaleycustom.jpg

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Re-read my orginal post, slowly. I never said he wasnt worthy of his contract. Im simply saying im not paying a guard that type of money. I dont care who it is. Id rather give Dlaw that money and/or trade for Thomas and give him a contract.
So you would rather pay a guy who has had 1 record breaking season in a contract year with a history of back issues, or a soon to be 30 year old safety over a guy that hasnt missed a game and is the best at his position? Makes sense. I am happy you are not in control of this team. We have some great convos but on this one we disagree lol. Which is fine. Thats the point of the forum right?

phildadon86

Reaction score
No one in here can follow along.

We had Martin Tyron Leary and Fred, to go along with all-pro Romo, Dez, and murray. We won nothing with that offensive group. All 3 skill players set franchise records that season.

Why did we lose? On defense, we has 0 pro bowlers. We need to use more resources on defense.
Just to piggy back off this. While i agree we need to start spending on D. We have thrown a lot of resources at it in the past 3-4 years. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, LVE, Taco, Smith, Gregory, Tapper, and I can keep going. We may not be spending big "yet" but if these guys live up to their potential, we are going to be paying a lot of money to our defense. I love where our defense is at right now, especially under the tutelage of Richard. Young, hungry, and extremely talented is a great recipe. This defense this year is going to surprise a lot of people on here. And if we manage to bring in ET, for say a 4th 5th pick. People are going to be scared to face us. Our offense will keep the defense fresh, and our defense will capitalize on the morale drop that Zeke seems to put into the opposition every game he plays lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought this was already done? That "finally agreed today" and that's stamped in the last hour today would be different.

Well, he should play for 6 more years so he should see an average of 14M a year. Like to see how they've distributed the guaranteed part, which is all that really counts cap wise now.
I think he was awarded a lifetime supply of Jean Jones old baggy butt jeans. sounds sweet.

CWR

Reaction score
We don't have to let anyone walk

We have 127m in cap space in 2020 with over 30 players signed

Yeah I really dont understand the paranoia around here. We have managed the cap and refrained from signing other teams premium FAs so that we could retain our own.

I mean our oline is going to roll for years to come now. Retaining Martin is excellent news.

CWR

Reaction score
Correct!!!!!!......And we will continue to NOT WIN anything with all our Cap being invested in the Dallas Wall while our talent level on defense with the exception of Lee and D-law is bleeding year in year out! Today was another example of Jerry idiotic GM world and the hunger continues ......lol...wait till they 8 man us this season and the excuses that will be posted here...in the end its all the coaches fault that they cant make Diamonds out of pieces of coal......

127 million in cap space in 2020 and "all" our cap is invested in the oline right. What ever will we do?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I still want to see how the extension changes his 2018 cap #, which was $9,341,000.
Honestly I hope they front-loaded as much as possible to get it out of the way (assuming we aren't looking to make any more significant signings this off-season).