Matt Hasselbeck working with Dak Prescott

GMO415

Reaction score
7 years in, and he needs someone to tell him how to run the WCO?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lmao! Good god, how many more players do they need to try and teach Dak how to play the QB position?

Hell yeah the OC loves this move, his job is on the line with Dak, as well as MM. I wonder what Peyton Manning is doing now days?
a team has multiple coaches. almost every team has a QB coach. an OC, an offensive quality control coach or two (passing, running game), position coaches, etc.

not a surprise. but I get your agenda and why you have to post non-sesne.

but lets say they get these coaches knowing Dak is not ELITE. let me repeat, DAK IS NOT ELITE. so why not get more coaches to help, unless you have an elite QB in your back pocket or up your sleeve you want to pull out and share?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hey, if it works, if it gets his interception rate down and improves him in other ways, I'm good with it. Basically, we're stuck with Dak, at least for this year. It's a year for him to prove himself. If he leads the league in picks though, it's time to move on. I understand many fans feel it's already time to move on, but the team is not going to do that, not this year. We'll just have to see what happens. Am I totally confident he's going to improve to a top 5 QB? Not really. Frankly, I was ready to move on at the end of last season. But we've got him for another year. If he plays great and we go to the NFC Championship, and maybe even win it, I'll be the first to congratulate him. I've never had a problem with him as a human being. In fact, I like him very much. He's a great guy, but toward the end of last season, I was saying, "This guy's not the guy." But he's not going away this season. We'll just have to see what he does.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

CCBoy

Reaction score
· Credit Due: Dak sure has a lot of QB coaching and playing experience on this staff once again, with Mike McCarthy now running the offense and calling plays, Brian Schottenheimer the offensive coordinator and Scott Tolzien the new quarterbacks coach. But Prescott had this to say when asked how much it helped him his rookie year to have a former NFL quarterback (Jason Garrett) as his head coach. "Not only him," Dak began before rattling off, "but, what I mean, (Scott) Linehan was in there, Wade Wilson was in there, you know what I mean, as well as having honestly Tony (Romo), Mark (Sanchez) and Kellen (Moore), three guys who had all played. I was blessed to have a room full of guys who had a lot of experience who were able to tell me a lot of things I needed to know … and I know all of those guys served a huge deal in my success."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-from-kicker-to-beefing-up-to-zeke

T-RO

Reaction score
lmao! Good god, how many more players do they need to try and teach Dak how to play the QB position?

Hell yeah the OC loves this move, his job is on the line with Dak, as well as MM. I wonder what Peyton Manning is doing now days?
They spent a day working together. Like Micah spent some time with Rams ex Andrew Whitworth.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At least, attempts are being made to provide guidance for Dak to improve his game. Much depends upon better decision making at QB for the upcoming season. If Matt Hasselback is able to provide guidance for Dak to advance his game, we should see fit to support such efforts.

Jarntt

Reaction score
sorry but Dak did his best when he had 1 guy in his ear and that was Kitna no nonsense kick your butt type of coach. the rest of these guys are coddlers
I agree with you on Kitna but not on the reason why. Dak doesn't need a kick your butt coach. He puts in the effort and has the desire to get better. Kitna was a better technical coach. Feet here, arm angle here, get to this spot in the pocket, look here, etc. That is what Dak needs IMO. I don't know Hasselbeck to say if that is him or not. But, it does make sense to bring in a QB that knows MMs way of doing things and has played in his offense before, doesn't it?