McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

Qcard

Reaction score
Tell us about Tom Brady's skinny legs. Or, I'm sure you know about the coach that smells his wifes feet. Weird!
Triggered :lmao2: :lmao2:

Arm strength comes from leg and core power.... something Tom Brady perfected after year 2 in the NFL. Go look at Brady combine compared to Patriots year 2.

I know it hurts your boy Lance aka Skinny Dak social media team could swindle Stephen out of a 5th year option.

Trey Lance should have taken a sleeping bag to Britt office but dude not built like that ....bars!!:lmao::lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
4th year with injuries and changing teams and someone interested in improving his game.

And here we sit desperately trying to make it a bad thing.
Funny people want to give up on Mazi, but still pulling for Trance.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Triggered :lmao2: :lmao2:

Arm strength comes from leg and core power.... something Tom Brady perfected after year 2 in the NFL. Go look at Brady combine compared to Patriots year 2.

I know it hurts your boy Lance aka Skinny Dak social media team could swindle Stephen out of a 5th year option.

Trey Lance should have taken a sleeping bag to Britt office but dude not built like that ....bars!!:lmao::lmao:
Yeah, your triggered alright! But, but, but, the legs, tell us about the legs (then giggle your little heart out).

Chasing6

Reaction score
Romo changed his throwing motion in his 10th year, just prior to his All-Pro season.
Change might be a stretch. Romo was always tweaking with his throwing motion on his own. Working on different slot angles.

He learned that from golf.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he adjusted Daks after like 7 seasons and got him second all-pro... you should be happy lol
Dak has been successful from day one. Not so with Lance. Dak put up almost 5000 yards one season without any tweaks.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Just depends on what they're actually doing. His release has been in the .4-.6 second range when timed in most videos. That's an eternity in the NFL. You're right that wont help him actually read the field any better, but you cut down that time mechanically and it gives defenses a fraction of a second less to read his eyes/throw giving him more margin of error on his reads. In a weird way it's all connected.
Good point, Marino and Romo were a couple of the fastest if I recall.

Qcard

Reaction score
He changed it from year one. People use to laugh at Romo after watching him on the sidelines in warmups in his early years. He had no velocity on his throws until they changed his technique.
Romo Undrafted
Dakota 4th RD
Lance 3rd Overall Pick

Ok....

Dak Haters Trey Lance is NoT like US!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How is it not good. Romo was always adjusting his throwing motion as well. Dak also.
Maybe he has never had the right coaching to notice he could improve upon it.
As much as I want to be open minded here, I can't see any reason anyone would have an issue with McCarthy tweaking Lance's throwing motion other than the fact that Dak doesnt have an extension done yet.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just depends on what they're actually doing. His release has been in the .4-.6 second range when timed in most videos. That's an eternity in the NFL. You're right that wont help him actually read the field any better, but you cut down that time mechanically and it gives defenses a fraction of a second less to read his eyes/throw giving him more margin of error on his reads. In a weird way it's all connected.
So what exactly was the Phenom part of his game again???

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping MM is proven successful with his handling of Trey Lance. He'd be due to retain his job and save Lance's, as well. I do believe that he's been somewhat unfairly underrated in his performance as our HC, but time will tell. Now, if that idea comes to fruition, the Cowboys team could improve and so would McCarthy's standing in the eyes of the FO. I favor considering the welfare of the team as a whole, first and foremost.

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So what exactly was the Phenom part of his game again???
My bad..."Trance" is a joke of a player who was never worth of even being drafted nor should he be allowed to breath the same air as even Cooper Rush. He deserves zero time from the coaching staff helping him get better and should go join the XFL....if they'd even take him.

Better?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You'll almost never see a team adjust a players throwing motion in season. That would be like a golfer changing his swing the day before a tournament starts. It takes thousands of throws to get the muscle memory down so it's an offseason activity 99% of the time.
Again, Trance did not have a season last year.