McCarthy With A Horrible Take Regarding The Playoffs

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A “look over there, but not over here” take from Mike.

Would you rather win 12 games, get the 2 seed, and be the 1st team to ever lose to a 7 seed in the Wild Card game?

Or

Sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 and make a Super Bowl run?

Your 12 win seasons mean nothing. All we got from them is a Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs.

This reminds me of Wade saying that the first round bye is winning a playoff game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's not whining, it's discussing.
Big difference between the two. Most do have good discussions...but, a few just spew constant negatives about the team we all support, they never have anything positive to say and suck in good fans.....I don't like that.... here, in a bar, at a gathering or anywhere else.

75boyz

Reaction score
This reminds me of Wade saying that the first round bye is winning a playoff game.
Exactly.
It's a basic standard of everyone.

Whether coach, player or fan.
You either are a satisfied with getting to the playoffs person that will spend countless posts on ya "hafta get there first in order to do anything."

Or you realize that regular season success means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's why the NFL calls the playoffs The Second Season.
Where contenders are separated from pretenders.
And the other genuine playoff success minded fans will point out how 12-5 for 3 straight years means absolutely nothing when you totally suck once reaching the playoffs.

The regular season accomplished absolutely nothing.
Period.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Exactly.
It's a basic standard of everyone.

Whether coach, player or fan.
You either are a satisfied with getting to the playoffs person that will spend countless posts on ya "hafta get there first in order to do anything."

Or you realize that regular season success means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's why the NFL calls the playoffs The Second Season.
Where contenders are separated from pretenders.
And the other genuine playoff success minded fans will point out how 12-5 for 3 straight years means absolutely nothing when you totally suck once reaching the playoffs.

The regular season accomplished absolutely nothing.
Period.
we need a MEGA LIKE feature in this forum

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It could be just Zimmer with a staff that works for him also.
I'd love to see how well his defenses show up on the field this season before considering it. I like Zim as a coach, but his results in Minnesota were underwhelming. I'm not convinced he'd be an upgrade over McCarthy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I liked this post because it shows the loser mentality of thinking that years and years of clear evidence means nothing as long as you drink the koolaid
a2247cff2da152d133bc00df58b07a86.gif

rags747

Reaction score
I'd love to see how well his defenses show up on the field this season before considering it. I like Zim as a coach, but his results in Minnesota were underwhelming. I'm not convinced he'd be an upgrade over McCarthy.
And when he was with Dallas fans could not wait to get rid of him and his crap defenses.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I didn’t read his comments that way at all.

The way the comments read to me. Is him just saying we need to win each week in the regular season first.

As fans, yes. We can focus on the playoffs and wanting to get further.

But the players and coaches shouldn’t take everything for granted and they need to go win regular season games first before they even chance a chance to get further in the playoffs.
At least He didn't say that we should just move on

ghst187

Reaction score
He is correct and I like where he’s going…
The playoffs and esp the Super Bowl are very exclusive and we need more inclusion. Every team should get a trophy.