Micah the mistreated superstar

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t know what the numbers are. I will trust you that you are correct on the number 4. What do you think the reasons are for that number? Could it possibly be that their O-Line coach is widely touted as the best in the business and headed for the HOF after he retires? Could it possibly be that 2 of the 5 players are headed to the HOF as well? Could it be that they are subtler about their holding … less blatant about it? Players get reputations. The NFL has circulated a video to its referees that compiles Josh Allen’s epic “flops” when he is hit. As a result the refs are looking for it. Some O-Linemen haven’t yet perfected the “art” of holding in such a way that it isn’t waving a red flag in the face of the referees.
These questions are why I don't get why people are surprised they have a low OL holding total. They are actually good, and like you say, probably have multiple HOFers if they keep it up. It's funny that people will claim malfeasance that they get called for holding infrequently and whine that they call it more on us, yet our own HOFer Zack Martin seems to be immune from holding calls. Why would that be if refs hate us? Is Martin a Freemason and they're scared of what he can do if they make him angry? Lol.

mattwill

Reaction score
These questions are why I don't get why people are surprised they have a low OL holding total. They are actually good, and like you say, probably have multiple HOFers if they keep it up. It's funny that people will claim malfeasance that they get called for holding infrequently and whine that they call it more on us, yet our own HOFer Zack Martin seems to be immune from holding calls. Why would that be if refs hate us? Is Martin a Freemason and they're scared of what he can do if they make him angry? Lol.
The quality and power and discipline of their O-Line players is clear for anyone to see when they call a Brotherly Shove play. On Sunday they had a 3rd an 3 and deployed it and made all 3 yards on the play.

With that said, Cowboys fans should actually be madder at the replay review officials. The refs were the Cowboys’ best friends against the Eagles:

-- refs gave Schoonmaker a TD he didn't get; needed to be overturned by replay review

-- refs gave Dak a two-point conversion he didn't get; needed to be overturned by replay review

-- refs gave Dak a first down he didn't get on a 4th down sneak; refs smartly moved the chains and gave Byard a personal foul before the spot could be reviewed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
By the letter if the law they could call 2 or 3 different Holds on any given pass play....including when we're on offense and we're "holding" (by the rules book) the other teams pass rushers.

Sure....a robot ref might award Parsons 30 hold calls. But the robot refs would also award Bosa or Reddick 30 Holds when they are pass rushing us.

So we just have to decide if we want a game with 100 penalties...half of which will be on us.
Or maybe, just maybe, players will adjust and quit holding, knowing they can't get away with every play. This whole "well there's holding on every play", well, then call holding on every play until it gets cleaned up. Players do it because they know they can. What is the point of having a rulebook if it's only called in an arbitrary nature whenever the ref sees fit? Can't clean this up if you don't try.

And if you can't block a guy straight up without holding, then double him up. I'd rather 100 penalties be called if it leads to cleaning up the junk reffing we have and games are called straight up for both teams. We aren't even close to that now.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What exactly is your argument here? Explain the below numbers to me:

Cowboys OL holding: 14
Eagles OL holding: 4

Cowboys defensive holding: 14
Eagles defensive holding: 2

We have 28 holding calls to their 6.

Yeah, totally legit and nothing to see here....

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What exactly is your argument here? Explain the below numbers to me:

Cowboys OL holding: 14
Eagles OL holding: 4

Cowboys defensive holding: 14
Eagles defensive holding: 2

We have 28 holding calls to their 6.

Yeah, totally legit and nothing to see here....
A 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team with penalty issues in their past, perhaps? I mean, if I leave emotion out of it and lean on logic, that's what I get.

HanD

Reaction score
Or maybe, just maybe, players will adjust and quit holding, knowing they can't get away with every play. This whole "well there's holding on every play", well, then call holding on every play until it gets cleaned up. Players do it because they know they can. What is the point of having a rulebook if it's only called in an arbitrary nature whenever the ref sees fit? Can't clean this up if you don't try.

And if you can't block a guy straight up without holding, then double him up. I'd rather 100 penalties be called if it leads to cleaning up the junk reffing we have and games are called straight up for both teams. We aren't even close to that now.
thank you. change the rule or enforce it consistently across the board. this arbitrary subjective nonsense is why we have conspiracy theories from every fanbase.

HanD

Reaction score
A 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team perhaps? I mean, if I leave emotion out of it and lean on logic, that's what I get.
i'm not saying this is true because i respect philly but one could say the opposite is true that a 10-1 team is 10-1 partly because of the officiating.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
i'm not saying this is true because i respect philly but one could say the opposite is true that a 10-1 team is 10-1 partly because of the officiating.
That's a helluva lot of officiating. Did they take a game off for the one loss?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
thank you. change the rule or enforce it consistently across the board. this arbitrary subjective nonsense is why we have conspiracy theories from every fanbase.
I don't even think it's a conspiracy. Certain teams absolutely get the benefit of calls/no calls. Fans are calling it out constantly when they watch these Eagles game on tv. Fans that even have no rooting interest in any capacity. See how one-sided these Eagles games are being called. Refs aren't even trying to hide it any longer. Don't just look at the actual calls being made. I pay attention more to the no calls that benefit the Eagles. They have a total of like 6 holding calls on offense and defense the entire season. I watch so many of their big plays being aided by the allowance of their OL and WRs being able to hold to set the edge and create holes. Able to literally tackle and maul guys with no calls. I see them getting away with a ton of grabbing and holding the entire game to impede the routes and ability to catch the ball.

Remember when Schoonmaker was tackled at the 1 inch line on 4th down? He was being tackled well before the ball got there, which is why he was going to the ground in the first place. This is just one of many examples of what they get away with.

Are the Eagles talented? Sure. Do they benefit from a massive bias from the refs to help them out? Absolutely. And in a league where games are usually close, this is a huge deal. Yet their fanbase was all up in arms last season in the Super Bowl when they were actually called for PI on KC, something they are so used to getting away with all year. And cried foul. Comical. We are lucky they were playing the NFL's longer tenured goldenboy team in KC, otherwise, I doubt it gets called.

HanD

Reaction score
That's a helluva lot of officiating. Did they take a game off for the one loss?
it only takes one or two calls or no calls to change a win to a loss. i never implied that all wins were based on officiating. rather you stated a 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team. i'm stating that one or two calls could make that 10-1 team a 8-3 team.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
A 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team with penalty issues in their past, perhaps? I mean, if I leave emotion out of it and lean on logic, that's what I get.
Riiiiight. More disciplined. Sure. Remember, all we hear is holding is present on almost every play. Sometimes by more than one player. So this means the refs arbitrarily decide when it gets called. Do you actually watch the Eagles games? They are not more disciplined in the least. Not being called for something doesn't equate to being more disciplined. Just means the refs looked at it and didn't call it. Announcers are even calling them out for how obvious the holding is on many of their big play/scoring replays but it wasn't called. But sure, disciplined they are....

Eagles are getting the treatment the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Warriors got in the NBA. They get away with a ton to make this illusion they are more disciplined and so much better.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
TJ Watt will be this year's DPOY. Dude always gets two sacks a game. Clean, unblocked paths to the QB. It's comical.
To that, I say a pick 6 is four times greater than a sack. That's what we are told by the leading analytics experts. Therefore, DaRon Bland's five pick 6's are worth 20 sacks. Your boy TJ can't touch that.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
it only takes one or two calls to change a win to a loss. i never implied that all wins were based on officiating. rather you stated a 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team. i'm stating that one or two calls could make that 10-1 team a 8-3 team.
Yep. Take our game. We got called for some very ticky tack calls. Eagles get away with mauling out TE at the 1 inch line, impeding his progress to be able to catch the ball with any momentum. And he got stopped. Taking a TD off the board. How big is that in a less than 1 score game?

The refs actually tried to make up for the obvious discrepancy on the last drive and actually started to call the Eagles for what they are allowed to get away with all game. Imagine if they called it like that all game? Eagles defense is below average to begin with but get big boosts when they are allowed to hold, grab and interfere constantly.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'd just like to see it called evenly. We have 14 offensive holding penalties this year. Philly has 4. So when one isn't called against the Eagles, you have to question whether the officials are paying as close of attention to them as they are to us. As you said, holds can be called on any given pass play, so officials should keep it pretty even.

BTW, they also have called 14 defensive holdings on us and only 2 on the Eagles.
Which is a travesty considering they have Darius Slay on that team - he holds every chance he gets!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Riiiiight. More disciplined. Sure. Remember, all we hear is holding is present on almost every play. Sometimes by more than one player. So this means the refs arbitrarily decide when it gets called. Do you actually watch the Eagles games? They are not more disciplined in the least. Not being called for something doesn't equate to being more disciplined. Just means the refs looked at it and didn't call it. Announcers are even calling them out for how obvious the holding is on many of their big play/scoring replays but it wasn't called. But sure, disciplined they are....

Eagles are getting the treatment the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Warriors got in the NBA. They get away with a ton to make this illusion they are more disciplined and so much better.
Yes, that's what you "hear" but do any of the conspiracy crew ever do their own studies with videos and such to support their assertions? And when you talk holding, many fans don't even know the rule they're critiquing, let alone the 6 or 7 exceptions where holding won't be called. So I guess Philly has everything wrapped up and there's no need to root for the Cowboys then since they can't overcome the Big Zebra Wall of Silence. Zack Martin can but no one else! Lol.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
By the letter if the law they could call 2 or 3 different Holds on any given pass play....including when we're on offense and we're "holding" (by the rules book) the other teams pass rushers.

Sure....a robot ref might award Parsons 30 hold calls. But the robot refs would also award Bosa or Reddick 30 Holds when they are pass rushing us.

So we just have to decide if we want a game with 100 penalties...half of which will be on us.
Sorry but this is simply untrue. Parsons draws more holds than those other guys for one simple reason.. He's a lot faster than them. Linemen have to reach out and grab him because he goes by them so fast and they simply cannot move their feet quick enough to stay in front of him. In a league of physical freaks Micah is at the top of the freak food chain. He is one of one. Yes other DE's draw holds as well, but quick.. name me the other DEs with 4.3 speed AND running back moves and agility.

I'll wait..

HanD

Reaction score
Yes, that's what you "hear" but do any of the conspiracy crew ever do their own studies with videos and such to support their assertions? And when you talk holding, many fans don't even know the rule they're critiquing, let alone the 6 or 7 exceptions where holding won't be called. So I guess Philly has everything wrapped up and there's no need to root for the Cowboys then since they can't overcome the Big Zebra Wall of Silence. Zack Martin can but no one else! Lol.
it's not even about philly solely which is what you are making the conversation out to be. there is no consistency in how the rule is applied to different players or different circumstances. that's an issue.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
it only takes one or two calls or no calls to change a win to a loss. i never implied that all wins were based on officiating. rather you stated a 10-1 team is more disciplined than an 8-3 team. i'm stating that one or two calls could make that 10-1 team a 8-3 team.
Well, we'd both be 9-2 if we'd taken advantage of our calls in the game we played with them. But we didn't.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well, we'd both be 9-2 if we'd taken advantage of our calls in the game we played with them. But we didn't.
There was one hold against Tyron I think in the Philly game where he literally shoved the guy to the ground and the guy threw up his hands and drew the flags. Guys have been getting away with that crap against Tyron for for 4-5 years now. He makes them look like the little brother swinging at the big brother with his hand on his forehead so they resort to flopping. It's absolutely infuriating. When he's healthy Tyron Smith does not have to hold. There isn't a DE in the league that can beat him more than once or twice a game. With the possible exception of Parsons but we don't have to see that matchup in a real game. I know you will defend the refs to the death but what they do to Tyron is a damn crime. Most times even the announcers are like "I didn't see any holding there." When they show the replays.. Not that it does our team any good for them to say it.