Mike Bascik Spills Some Tea on Dak Situation

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ClappingCarrot, Feb 12, 2021.

1. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,538 Messages
    3,234 Likes Received

I'll bet that actual GM's aren't falling for reports written by non doctors with zero first hand knowledge of what is going on and will go by what the actual surgeons that did the surgery have said which is that Prescott will good to go long before camp,opens so your idea that he would have to pass a physical is no different than any other player switching teams. They all take physicals. There have been players who got signed and then when they got there they flunked their physical and the contract was voided.

2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

30,065 Messages
    12,049 Likes Received
    My man this is simply not accurate.
    League year is for accounting purposes, not player.
    Players have exit interviews and then are released for the off-season.
    The day after the Super Bowl is the end of the "season".
    And there are in-season and off-season rules.

A player in an off-season program that is not under contract the following season owes his team essentially zero.

HIPAA doesn't work that way. It providers security and regulatory guidelines mostly for healthcare personnel.
    It makes special exceptions for Business associates with legal standing. Agents are already under strict guidelines for player representation.
    Agents generally have full access to medical status for purposes of doing their job.
    They cannot disclose anything a player doesn't want disclosed but again that is not about HIPAA but general client/attorney relationships.

Corso likes this.
  3. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

1,418 Messages
    1,851 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what the big deal is with breathing through your mouth? I do it all the time! :)

Corso likes this.
  4. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,594 Messages
    11,717 Likes Received
    :hammer:

csirl and Swagger like this.
  5. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,972 Likes Received
    No way, Wentz seems like a primadonna and very high maintenance. And talent wise he's the worst of the 3 of Dak, Goff and him. Now if we lost Dak and traded a 3rd for Wentz, then yes, I'm all in. He seems like a cry baby though. but again if we traded Dak, or Dak couldn't play cuz of this mysterious issue only 1% of the human population knows about, lol, then I'd trade for Wentz. No higher than a 2nd rounder tho.

Rockport likes this.
  6. gjkoeppen

7,538 Messages
    3,234 Likes Received

You're full of poop. I had a job that required to be HIPAA certified and nowhere does it have where a business has special exceptions. The ONLY exceptions are attorneys who are involved in a case that requires a person's medical records and even at that they still have to make a request in court for those records if the records are not his clients records. If it's his client, the client still has to give the attorney permission to have them.

If a player isn't under contract he CAN'T participate in any off season programs like OTA's or mini camps. They are allowed to use like the weight room until free agency starts.

Teams have exit meeting with as many players as they can fit in, those under contract and those who will become free agents when THEIR CONTRACTS ARE UP.

Here's a little something that proves you WRONG AGAIN. "When the new league year begins, contracts from the previous season expire" This from the NFL own site.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-f...l-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817

Like I said, stop making up stuff to fit your agenda.

7. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

15,582 Messages
    12,171 Likes Received
    If you just stopped a moment and thought it thru..

surgery on an injury like Dak had is complicated and is going to take as much luck as good medical repairing.

I never for a minute thought what was ahead for him was a given. He has months of rehab ahead and it will have setbacks along the way.

Guaranteed.

So the fact the team is posturing saying it wants to Tag Dak again all sounds loyal..

but the team has no clue how this is going to play out.

There are 52 other players and countless staff and their families with an investment in the team success.

I so absolutely can not see the team in a critical rebuild year where every dollar has to be directed at improving so many positions just to return to respectability..

You just do not reinvest in Dak at nearly $40 mil in 2021.

You wait. You have to.

Everything has changed. If we were one player away from contending..maybe.

But Moore is not established as an OC. Big Mike has back pedaled from taking responsibility for Dak's development.

And there was clearly only one reason McCarthy was hired..

to take Dak to the next level.

Did any of us see anything in Big Mike that said he is in control of a clear plan?

Nope. We just saw bad coaching hires, bad FA player signings that had to be reworked halfway thru the season..

poor playcalling by Big Mike that only accelerated more losing.

So do any of us think that is going to reverse anytime soon?

Raise your hands and tell me why.

Waiting.

csirl and StuckMojo like this.
  8. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    It is quite amazing. But since the beginning of time the ignorant have been easy to fool.

gjkoeppen likes this.
  9. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Dream on.

10. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Yeah, I never heard of that either.

JoeKing likes this.
  11. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    The mouth breathers love this guy as well as Colin Cowturd.:espn:

JoeKing likes this.
  12. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,442 Messages
    49,481 Likes Received
    Okay, it looks like he's suckling upon the green slime that Nickelodeon drops on goobers.

The NFL is really trying to get the kids into football again!

Redball Express and Rockport like this.
  13. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    :facepalm::muttley:

JoeKing likes this.
  14. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,972 Likes Received
    This is how I feel now that I've thought about for a while. We'll find out a lot during the draft. As another poster said that if we take a QB with #10 or in the 2nd round then there's concern about Dak's long term future in Dallas.

I'm also a little skeptical of a guy that says he knows something only 1% of the population knows. That seems to be a little more attention grabbing than reporting.

You know what I want the Cowboys to do. Sign Dak to a 2 year deal for 80 million and back load the contract. Draft a QB and work on developing him. Ala Green Bay with Rodgers and Jordan. If Dak recovers and balls out the next 2 years then resign him long term. If he struggles then you got his replacement already there and knowing the offense. Now everyone don't scream at me about the 2 year contract and money. You get the jist of what I'm saying. Sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal, draft his replacement, and if Dak recovers and is all pro then trade the replacement, if Dak struggles and replacement does well then let Dak walk and go with replacement.

15. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Bull****. He had a compound fracture. That’s where the bone comes through the skin. It’s a clean break and easily healed and ends up being stronger than it was before because of the calcium buildup around the break. This whole thing is some turd who saw that Dak had a 2nd surgery to clean up an ankle, that was totally unrelated to the fracture, and went all Karen. Mouth breathers will believe anything because they’re too lazy to research the issue for themselves.

JoeKing likes this.
  16. Rockport

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    Seems they’re doing a good job of it.

17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

32,838 Messages
    21,539 Likes Received
    My father is actually a retired orthopedic surgeon and he said that what happened to Dak was serious stuff. I wouldnt be shocked if that was the case. If there is anything to worry about in that regard then looking at QB in this draft is something they have to do.

Mr_437, csirl and DandyDon1722 like this.
  18. gjkoeppen

7,538 Messages
    3,234 Likes Received

Your father who very well could have been a very fine othpod, but he is just like ALL other doctors that have never examined Prescott nor was there for either surgery. Every doctor I've heard explain anything and after doing it have said something like since I haven't examined the patient or was there for that procedure I really can't say with any certainty what the outcome will be. Nobody hasn't said it wasn't a serious injury, but that doesn't mean that it can't and hasn't been surgically repaired and that Prescott will be good to go just like the surgeon who did the surgery said.

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  19. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    5,295 Likes Received
    I hope he wiped it up.

20. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,103 Messages
    8,750 Likes Received
    :hammer:
    [​IMG]

Mr_437, DeathMonkey, T-RO and 2 others like this.