Mini Camp Notes

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Sounds like Dak is really pooping the bed. I just wish we did more to protect ourselves against the very real possibility that hes Nick Foles 2.0
One was a tipped pass by Witten into the air, the other was a last second throw on 4th down with time running out with few options in 2 min drill. He's not Nick Foles 2.0, yeesh. He proved himself in real games more than enough times at the end of games

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe that is the reason they are giving him the long look now. Because Cooper will get majority of the looks in training camp?

That's definitely what I'm thinking. That the team is working on position flex right now rather than establishing starters while they're in shorts. I think Cooper is playing backup center just in case, and doing it a lot because the regular backup Joe Looney isn't practicing at all.

I'm not taking Cooper out of the starting left guard discussion until if and when he's not there in training camp.

McGillicutty

Reaction score
This guy is on some next level ****, Asthma. Check out what he said in the Irvin thread.

:laugh:
It bothers me that any realistic view point is looked at negatively. Do we all have to be unrelenting homers?

One was a tipped pass by Witten into the air, the other was a last second throw on 4th down with time running out with few options in 2 min drill. He's not Nick Foles 2.0, yeesh. He proved himself in real games more than enough times at the end of games
Nick Foles record season was far better than Dak's statistically. Very similar situations too. Best O line in the league with a RB tearing the league apart and very talented guys at the recieving positions. To just ignore the similarities would be foolish imo

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nzeocha is turning into a mythical unicorn. You read his name but never see him. Reminds me of the other Saftey a couple years ago that was recovering for a couple years and then got cut.

This was why they needed to draft a LB instead of that last DL. For Nzeocha and to possibly push Wilber too.
Not for Jaylon Smith though, and his status.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It bothers me that any realistic view point is looked at negatively. Do we all have to be unrelenting homers?

McGillicutty said:
Sounds like Dak is really pooping the bed. I just wish we did more to protect ourselves against the very real possibility that hes Nick Foles 2.0

"It bothers me" that you consider that utter nonsense to remotely be a "realistic view point".

Nick Foles record season was far better than Dak's statistically. Very similar situations too. Best O line in the league with a RB tearing the league apart and very talented guys at the recieving positions. To just ignore the similarities would be foolish imo

How about the apples to oranges fact that Foles was working in an offense that the league hadn't seen before?

Or the other fact that it wasn't Foles' rookie season?

To try to imply similarities where they don't exist is what's truly "foolish". Especially when someone tries to do it based on numbers from one OTA session.

:facepalm:

Face it, you've outed yourself.

John813

Reaction score
With not one, but TWO bum knees.........Parcells better be on Johnson's Christmas card list.

He was drafted in 2012. Parcells was long gone.

Thinking of Justin Beriault?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

You're not doing that, cut it.

Your very brief posting history suggests you are posting outrageous takes for attention. Going after Irvin, a revered Cowboy, and Dak. You were the only one with that weird, illogical post to lock up Irv in that thread. Cut it out.

It's one thing to have tempered expectations and another to have some (apparent) vendetta against the Boys.

This "whoa is me, I can't post anything but homer takes?" nonsense ain't gonna work.

Stahp.

McGillicutty

Reaction score
McGillicutty said:

"It bothers me" that you consider that utter nonsense to remotely be a "realistic view point".

How about the apples to oranges fact that Foles was working in an offense that the league hadn't seen before?

Or the other fact that it wasn't Foles' rookie season?

To try to imply similarities where they don't exist is what's truly "foolish". Especially when someone tries to do it based on numbers from one OTA session.

:facepalm:

Face it, you've outed yourself.
Thinking that the league had never seen no huddle, zone read concepts is ridiculous. Indy and NE both used variations of it. NE used carbon copies of it.

Saying it wasn't Foles rookie season is also silly. This wasn't some seasoned vet. It was his 2nd year and i don't think he played much his first year.

Not at all apples to oranges. You just choose to ignore the overwhelming similarities.
You're not doing that, cut it.

Your very brief posting history suggests you are posting outrageous takes for attention. Going after Irvin, a revered Cowboy, and Dak. You were the only one with that weird, illogical post to lock up Irv in that thread. Cut it out.

It's one thing to have tempered expectations and another to have some (apparent) vendetta against the Boys.

This "whoa is me, I can't post anything but homer takes?" nonsense ain't gonna work.

Stahp.
Me not liking Mike's constant woman and police trouble, as well as his buffoonery on TV has nothing to do with him as a player. He did great things on the field and has been a jackass off it for decades.

And again you take me not jumping aboard the Dak train as an "outrageous take for attention" says more about your mondset than it does mine

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Me not liking Mike's constant woman and police trouble, as well as his buffoonery on TV has nothing to do with him as a player. He did great things on the field and has been a jackass off it for decades.

And again you take me not jumping aboard the Dak train as an "outrageous take for attention" says more about your mondset than it does mine

You said to "lock him up," bruh. Yeah, your posts scream of attention-mongering.

Cut it out.

Stop trying to be some victim and own up to your shenanigans.

DFWJC

Reaction score
200.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They were working him hard at center as they want a backup that is flexible.

Green was given a lot of reps at first string LG which does not make a lot of sense since he has shown he can play tackle well - but reliability is not there. So why put a guy you cannot rely on at guard? Maybe that is less important than tackle but if you are not playing what is the point?

Cooper could still become the starting left guard since without pads you really cannot determine how good a lineman is.

I think Green is receiving the reps because the Cowboys are now set on Collins at right tackle. Green could always go back there if Collins falters, but with that competition essentially over before it began, the attention turns to finding the best player for left guard.

Green looked good at both right and left tackle when he was needed, and guard is an "easier" position to play, so it makes sense to see what he can do there. I certainly don't see that as meaning the competition is over. I think they are preparing to look at several candidates there: Cooper, Green and Cleary. The only one I haven't heard of practicing there is Byron Bell, but that may be because he doesn't need to since he's played there enough in games for Dallas to have a pretty good idea of whether he could handle the role. There are question marks with the other three.

Sepia

Reaction score
TYLER LLOYD
BINGHAMPTON, NY
How has Dak Prescott looked in these minicamps? I know I can't be the only one worried about him not being able to duplicate his success from last year.

Bryan: At times not very good and other times he's been spot on. I think he's become more consistent with his practices. The up and down has replaced being totally off which I view as progress. To be honest, I no longer worry how he practices.

David: This is funny timing, because Tuesday might have been the worst practice of Dak’s entire spring. That said, I think he has looked really sharp on the whole, and his confidence never seems to waver – which shouldn’t surprise anyone by now. I can’t predict if he’ll be better than last year statistically, but I’ve got a lot of confidence that he’s not going to fall off.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...-long-snapper-how-dak-practicing?sf88506838=1