Mini Camp Notes

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Zeke looks like a transformer with his visor- but he needs to identify himself as an autobot or decepticon
  • Shame on Rico for getting "sick"
  • Heath is a poor mans Landon Collins - which is praise
  • Go cowboys!
Rico is not really sick. The defense refuses to practice when he is on the field. They fear for their lives.

Also, Dak will only throw to Rico when he is on the field. Dak fears dissappointing Rico by wasting throws on inferior receivers.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
It bothers me that any realistic view point is looked at negatively. Do we all have to be unrelenting homers?

Nick Foles record season was far better than Dak's statistically. Very similar situations too. Best O line in the league with a RB tearing the league apart and very talented guys at the recieving positions. To just ignore the similarities would be foolish imo

To say they'll both have the same outcome possibly because of a few similarities in their rookie seasons is even more foolish. So any rookie qb that has a really good first year behind a ready built offense has a high chance of turning into a Nick Foles? Come on man

McGillicutty

Reaction score
To say they'll both have the same outcome possibly because of a few similarities in their rookie seasons is even more foolish. So any rookie qb that has a really good first year behind a ready built offense has a high chance of turning into a Nick Foles? Come on man
Never said he would, just that i wished we protected ourselves better against that possibility. Signing Kaep would have been a great option

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thinking that the league had never seen no huddle, zone read concepts is ridiculous. Indy and NE both used variations of it. NE used carbon copies of it.

What's "ridiculous" is trying to oversimplify the facts to try to shoehorn them into your failed narrative. That's "ridiculous".

Saying it wasn't Foles rookie season is also silly. This wasn't some seasoned vet. It was his 2nd year and i don't think he played much his first year.

What's "silly" is to try to infer that it was, again to twist facts for a failing "case".

Not at all apples to oranges. You just choose to ignore the overwhelming similarities.

I ignore what isn't true, or accurate.

Me not liking Mike's constant woman and police trouble, as well as his buffoonery on TV has nothing to do with him as a player. He did great things on the field and has been a jackass off it for decades.

And again you take me not jumping aboard the Dak train as an "outrageous take for attention" says more about your mondset than it does mine

I know a troll when I see one. Go root for your Eagles somewhere else, while they toil away in the division basement. And cry that you drafted Wentz while the Cowboys got Prescott.

McGillicutty

Reaction score
What's "ridiculous" is trying to oversimplify the facts to try to shoehorn them into your failed narrative. That's "ridiculous".

What's "silly" is to try to infer that it was, again to twist facts for a failing "case".

I ignore what isn't true, or accurate.

I know a troll when I see one. Go root for your Eagles somewhere else, while they toil away in the division basement. And cry that you drafted Wentz while the Cowboys got Prescott.
You haven't even begun to try and discuss anything football related. Just insults and faulty logic. I'm an Eagles fan because i don't have the exact same PoV as you?

Not gonna go back n forth with a troll, have a nice day

Reaction score
Sounds like Dak is really pooping the bed. I just wish we did more to protect ourselves against the very real possibility that hes Nick Foles 2.0
I see more similarities between the rookies seasons of Prescott and Ben Rothlisberger than I do with Prescott and Nick Foles (who wan't a rookie at all).

Doesn't mean Prescott will have Rothlisbergers career success. Only that their rookie years were similar.

Foles played in a gimmick offense that had opposing defenses off balance for awhile. And Foles took full advantage. Once defenses adjusted, Foles (and Chip) had no answer. So Foles regressed to nothingness, where he remains today.

Prescott runs an NFL power running style offense that's worked (on and off) for decades. It's a tried and true system. No gimmicks here.

Last edited:

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
That's definitely what I'm thinking. That the team is working on position flex right now rather than establishing starters while they're in shorts. I think Cooper is playing backup center just in case, and doing it a lot because the regular backup Joe Looney isn't practicing at all.

I'm not taking Cooper out of the starting left guard discussion until if and when he's not there in training camp.
Yeah Stash, this is my train of thought on this too.
Get everybody reps in different positions in OTA's and Minicamp so they are comfortable later when the pads come on. We want/need our O-line to be dominant again this year - no learning on the job, so the guys who are gonna be 2 position players/swing players etc. It makes perfect sense to give them reps now. Will be really interesting if Cooper goes back to LG, backup center. Does Green play more RT in camp, backup LG. Does Collins stay at RT, or LG, backup tackle.
Initially I was all for keeping Collins at LG, but have loved what we have heard so far of him at RT. Seams they are all going to be position flex guys apart from the established starters - Smith, Fredbeard and Zac.
And we haven't even mentioned Bell, who has lost a bunch of weight and is supposed to be moving really well. So will he be playing in camp at RT, backup RG ? (Doesn't need so much cross training, as he has played both positions a lot).
Seems like we have plenty of bodies, now camp will determine who plays where, and what we have seen so far may not be where any of them play the majority of camp !
Apart from maybe Mister Collins !

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

And in a related story, Beasley has been spotted spending a lot of time with former Cowboy WR turned scout, Miles Austin.

PhijPZB.gif