Mistake not giving Kelvin Joseph PT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You obviously didn't see it. He didn't do anything that he should have been ejected for.
I obviously didn't recall it correctly at all as I thought he was playing CB, not on ST when it occurred. My memory has been corrected by another poster. He did something to get ejected for so please stop making things up.

Qcard

Reaction score
This is a critique I have with this team right now.

They are 1 play away from him becoming a starter and it would be good experience for him to play in some of these games with Dallas having a big lead and they have just not gave him an opportunity whatsoever.

This isn’t a bash Anthony Brown thread or anything but basically get your insurance policy at DB a little experience.

Id hate to see this guy get his first start against a elite QB in the playoffs and never have got much playtime.

If we get up a couple scores on WFT then let the guy play. Give him a few series.
Awesome Post!

BobSacamano

Reaction score
- Since his groin injury during this summer cost Joseph so much very valuable learning time.

- Combined that with how he missed and got behind on some OTAs and did not neccessarily take training camp by storm, and it's
clear that's it's been more of a catch up mode with Joseph this year.
He even missed an NFL game per personal matters (family death?)

- i do believe the Cowboys were hoping Joseph would have a Trevon Diggs summer and seize the starting role away from Brown, but with all
of the previous mentions, he just wasn't ready for that move.

- With the success of the defense and the number of wins, and CBs not quite struggling, i don't think there's a push rush to
force Joseph into the front 3 roles. unless injuries change the dynamics.

- His preparation and expectations in this upcoming offseason and summer camps/preseason is gonna be what decide how he has to
transcend to the level of starter, imo.
Joseph wouldn’t have taken Brown’s spot no matter if he participated 100% in offseason work.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Brown and Lewis are playing great.

I’m not knocking anyone.

All I’m saying is the guy has no experience and it’s almost playoff time. When we’re up on these teams they should let him play so if we are playing Green Bay and something happens to a corner it won’t be Joseph’s first time on the field in a legit game situation.
You should coach pop Warner football. You really should.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ok, tell us exactly what happened on the play from start to finish as you recall it.
As I've already made clear, I don't recall many details. A flag was thrown, the officiating crew saw enough to eject KJ. The ejection was never appealed so you can't say KJ didn't do anything. Doing so is just the observation of an uninformed bystander.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Personally, I would go with Huntley and get what picks I could from Jackson. Putting $40M+/year on a QB with a slender physique who isn’t accurate is way too much risk for me. Especially when Huntley can put up similar numbers/results at 1/20th the cost going forward.
Crazy the Packers let Huntley go and spent a first on Jordan Love. Unless they plan to move Arod soon.

rambo2

Reaction score
As I've already made clear, I don't recall many details. A flag was thrown, the officiating crew saw enough to eject KJ. The ejection was never appealed so you can't say KJ didn't do anything. Doing so is just the observation of an uninformed bystander.
You can actually watch the play on Youtube. All you have to do is type in his name. He is the gunner on a punt. He is grabbed on the sideline and dragged out of bounds and thrown against the back wall. He shoved the guy one time in retaliation and that was it for him. He left the scene fairly quickly after that and did nothing to be ejected. Oh, and there was no flag thrown during the play. They did call penalties, but they didn't throw flags during the play.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You can actually watch the play on Youtube. All you have to do is type in his name. He is the gunner on a punt. He is grabbed on the sideline and dragged out of bounds and thrown against the back wall. He shoved the guy one time in retaliation and that was it for him. He left the scene fairly quickly after that and did nothing to be ejected. Oh, and there was no flag thrown during the play. They did call penalties, but they didn't throw flags during the play.

A flag was thrown. The rapper is a thug. He should have never been drafted. Now, who wants to take a swing at me?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Crazy the Packers let Huntley go and spent a first on Jordan Love. Unless they plan to move Arod soon.

Different players. The Packers drafted Brett Hundley out of UCLA in the 5th round in 2015. I don't know what team he is with now. The Ravens signed Tyler Huntley out of Utah as an undrafted FA in 2020. Hard to believe 31 teams missed out on Huntley.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Several things in play with this one.

What has Joseph done to earn playing time. Is he doing what needs to be done in practice, in meetings as well.
Why should,d he be given PT just because some fans want that.
I understand it, as I would not mind seeing him out there also. But I am ok with the way things are now, as long as it is working.

And it since it is working, then you do not disturb that. Keep the flow and chemistry going. Even in big leads. And the only really big lead as in the Falcons game.

I agree with this, there has to be something they don't like. Or we will find out about later like why he's always out of practice for undisclosed reasons

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
This is a critique I have with this team right now.

They are 1 play away from him becoming a starter and it would be good experience for him to play in some of these games with Dallas having a big lead and they have just not gave him an opportunity whatsoever.

This isn’t a bash Anthony Brown thread or anything but basically get your insurance policy at DB a little experience.

Id hate to see this guy get his first start against a elite QB in the playoffs and never have got much playtime.

If we get up a couple scores on WFT then let the guy play. Give him a few series.
I see your point, but there has to be a reason the coaching staff don't feel confident about Joseph at the moment.. No worries though, his job is to be READY when he does get the opportunity.. If he is nearly as good as some people believe he is, the wait will be worth it.