MLB 2017 Regular Season

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The Mets. There's nothing left to say. Not sure how anyone can fix this mess. New gm, new manager, new training staff, new 2b, new 3b, new catcher, new c.f., new starter or 5, new bullpen. Other than Conforto and Rosario, what is there.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Mets. There's nothing left to say. Not sure how anyone can fix this mess. New gm, new manager, new training staff, new 2b, new 3b, new catcher, new c.f., new starter or 5, new bullpen. Other than Conforto and Rosario, what is there.

They need a fresh start.

But look at the bright side... The Marlins aren't close to being a good team.

The Braves rebuild is looking shaky.

And the Phils rebuild looks like it's years away.

The Mets have to hope Harper signs with someone outside the division after next season.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mets cleaned house but forgot one........the worst Catcher in baseball by the name of TDA :lmao2:

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of what the record could be for the biggest drop off in batting avg from the first half to the second half with a significant number of at bats? Still a ways to go, but I gotta think Aaron Judge would be close to that right now if the season ended today.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone have an idea of what the record could be for the biggest drop off in batting avg from the first half to the second half with a significant number of at bats? Still a ways to go, but I gotta think Aaron Judge would be close to that right now if the season ended today.

No, but he's a mess right now.

Pitchers have (obviously) adjusted to him.

He has to adjust back.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

Ball players should stay away from home run derby at the AS break. Aftewards those guys are so messed up it takes months to get their swing back.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No, but he's a mess right now.

Pitchers have (obviously) adjusted to him.

He has to adjust back.
So no more "face of baseball"? We Angel fans always were incredulous when we would hear that. The All-Star game was a slobber fest.

If Mike gets 500 ABs, and we make the playoffs, he'll get his 3rd MVP, now that Judge is playing like he did last year.

He just broke the single season record for consecutive games striking out (Judge).

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Btw, the Andrelton Simmons trade is looking fantastic. He's on a higher WAR arc than Ozzie Smith and Omar Vizquel.

Also, Trout would be at over 8 WAR had he not missed all that time. He's still third in the league, behind Altuve and Simba. He would have cleared 10 WAR, easily. He'll still catch Altuve, I hope.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just bought tickets to the last series of the season, Astros vs Boston for Fri and Sat. This series could have huge implications like #1 seed up for grabs :cool:

Promised the wife I would take her to Fenway.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Well Judge's k streak is over. Good move pinch hitting for him in the 7th. Between the walks (3 more today), the strikeouts, and the huge disparity in BA before and after the all-star break, I don't think I've ever seen a season quite like it. I'm a Cardinals fan, but I still find myself checking in on him.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the Mets season of injuries continue. Conforto dislocates his shoulder by just swing the bat :(

End 2017 already!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I just laughed when I heard that today about Conforto. I mean seriously, has this ever happended before in the history of the game. Swing so hard you throw your shoulder out. In bleeping credible. Someone please cancel the rest of the season for the Mets. Uncle!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whenever Girardi does his best to try to convince me that he's a good head coach (last season's performance) he does something stubborn and boneheaded by batting Judge 3rd in the lineup when he's totally lost.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I just laughed when I heard that today about Conforto. I mean seriously, has this ever happended before in the history of the game. Swing so hard you throw your shoulder out. In bleeping credible. Someone please cancel the rest of the season for the Mets. Uncle!!!

It's crazy.

I like Terry Collins ... but... he's running the show and these players are dropping like flies. Especially pitchers.

Is anyone telling these young power arms that you need to learn how to pitch? Not just throw heat EVERY pitch?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I like Terry Collins too. I dont like Sandy Alderson or the people above him. Sandy thinks he is smarter than anyone in baseball and proves constantly the game has passed him by. The Wilpons are the Hugh Culverhouse of New York. How they are still in charge after the Madoff Scandal is criminal.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Terry Collins too. I dont like Sandy Alderson or the people above him. Sandy thinks he is smarter than anyone in baseball and proves constantly the game has passed him by. The Wilpons are the Hugh Culverhouse of New York. How they are still in charge after the Madoff Scandal is criminal.

Terry will take the fall for those idiots at seasons end :(

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now Cespedes left tonight's game with a leg injury, is this a sick joke? Karma for Madoff?? :lmao: