MLB 2017 Regular Season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has been free of injury his whole career, missing a combined, something like 8 games prior to this season. His thumb injury was fluky. He has a protector for it now.

He's already lost weight and is bulky enough. He's fine just the way he is, Dex, with all due respect brother.

Dude is a horse.

We shall see in a few years, I just think he is close to sustaing some type of back issue that will linger. He did lose weight but appears to be bulkier at the top :huh:

I want to see him stay healthy just to see what kind of numbers he will put up.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We shall see in a few years, I just think he is close to sustaing some type of back issue that will linger. He did lose weight but appears to be bulkier at the top :huh:

I want to see him stay healthy just to see what kind of numbers he will put up.
He's actually less bulkier and more lean this season, brother.

And, again, he's been healthy his whole career. :)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, the Mets traded Bruce to Cleveland for basically nothing but a salary dump. He was pretty much the only reason to even watch this disaster of a team at this point.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in sports by a wide margin. They had an offer from the Yanks for some good prospects and to help pay Bruces salary. The Cheapons absolutely suck beyond words.

Granderson is the guy to dump, I repeat, it is Granderson!

NY only wins in spite of the clowns running the show and that ship has sailed. Jerry is a dream owner compared to the Pons :(

FloridaRob

Reaction score
hope of the Chepons selling the team went out when Bud Selig bailed them out. No other owners would have been given that kind of help. Thanks Bud. You reward owners of a team who were in bed with Madoff and his ponzi scheme. I used to never miss an inning when they played. It I could not watch it on TV, I had it on my smart phone. I have not watched a full game start to finish since the World Series two years ago. Just finallly lost interest. Constant injuries, NY ownership acting like they are from Tampa, and a GM that is so painstaking slow to react it cripples the team on the field. No hope is on the horizon either. Glad football season is here. Packers should be fun to watch. offense anyway. Defense will probably still be a house of horrors.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For you Astros fans out there, I told yas early in the season that their offense can only carry them for so long. They did/do not have the pitching for the long haul of a 162 game season. They messed up by not getting that big pitcher by the trade deadline.

I expect them not to make it past the first post-season series. Yes, they still have the best AL record but that won't mean jack in the playoffs. I am afraid that they don't have the horses, pitching wise :muttley:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For you Astros fans out there, I told yas early in the season that their offense can only carry them for so long. They did/do not have the pitching for the long haul of a 162 game season. They messed up by not getting that big pitcher by the trade deadline.

I expect them not to make it past the first post-season series. Yes, they still have the best AL record but that won't mean jack in the playoffs. I am afraid that they don't have the horses, pitching wise :muttley:

It's one of those things where...

We'll see. :)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Big weekend for the Red Sox and Yankees. Hopefully Boston can extend their 4 game lead.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Hope my Dodgers finally get to and win a WS!! But I have seen this episode before with the '88 Mets, '98 Braves, '01 Mariners and the Dodgers choking in the playoffs since 95.

I would feel really good if Milwaukee can pull thru and win the central. Cubs and Cardinals always give them a tough series.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hope my Dodgers finally get to and win a WS!! But I have seen this episode before with the '88 Mets, '98 Braves, '01 Mariners and the Dodgers choking in the playoffs since 95.

I would feel really good if Milwaukee can pull thru and win the central. Cubs and Cardinals always give them a tough series.
Dodgers!!!??? The enemy!!! :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was really surprised that the Astros didn't make a move of some kind at the deadline. I was even more surprised the Dodgers actually made a big trade as they traditionally hold on to their prospects.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm just glad the Dodgers bounced back from that losing streak. I was starting to think they would never stop that 1-game losing streak they were on :D :D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm just glad the Dodgers bounced back from that losing streak they were on. I was starting to think they would never stop that 1-game losing streak they were on :D :D
Yeah that losing streak was brutal. Got me worried for a min. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the Astros continue on the meh train another guy is quickly climbing through the minors putting up some ridiculous numbers. Last night in his first start in AA he struck out 11 in 6 innings while giving up 2 hits and 0 runs and 0 walks.

Keep in mind this kid is only 20 years old.

And here's your tidbit...

"2016 first round draft pick Forrest Whitley, in his first full year as a professional, made his Double-A debut Thursday night. As has been noted other places, the only other four pitchers to be drafted out of high school and make it to Double-A in their first full season in the last twenty years were Chad Billingsley, Dylan Bundy, Zack Greinke, and Clayton Kershaw."

That's pretty good company.

One baseball exec told Peter Gammons that Whitley is the best pitching prospect in the minors right now... period.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As the Astros continue on the meh train another guy is quickly climbing through the minors putting up some ridiculous numbers. Last night in his first start in AA he struck out 11 in 6 innings while giving up 2 hits and 0 runs and 0 walks.

Keep in mind this kid is only 20 years old.

And here's your tidbit...

"2016 first round draft pick Forrest Whitley, in his first full year as a professional, made his Double-A debut Thursday night. As has been noted other places, the only other four pitchers to be drafted out of high school and make it to Double-A in their first full season in the last twenty years were Chad Billingsley, Dylan Bundy, Zack Greinke, and Clayton Kershaw."

That's pretty good company.

One baseball exec told Peter Gammons that Whitley is the best pitching prospect in the minors right now... period.
Angels finally have two prospects in the top-100 (Fangraphs). First time in two years. I know Baseball America is the gold standard, but heck, I'll take.

82. Jorden Adell OF -- our first round pick this season.
93. Jahmai Jones CF -- second round pick in '15. One of Dipoto's picks.

I said a few pages back we should have a player or two make it :)