MLB 2017 Regular Season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another injury to add to the list, Wilmer Flores broke his nose yesterday after fouling a ball off :laugh:

I have played ball for most of my life and have never had one come anywhere close to my head area. I wonder what oddball injury is next................

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normally I'd be thrilled about an Astro's sweep... But sweeping the Mets is like sweeping a LL team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Altuve does not deserve the MVP over Trout. And to be honest, I'm disgusted at the thought.

Disgusted.

Aaron Judge is another .250-.270 hitter, with 30+ HR, 90-100 RBIs, 200 K's and will never sniff an MVP. He's been exposed, and his little tour of the "next face of baseball" is over. Disgusting. Disgusting I had to hear people like Harold Reynolds et al spew that filth. Ever year it's a new person. Who's the constant?

Are people so naive. So incredibly up their team's arse?

I'll be irate if we make the playoffs and Altuve gets the MVP.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Winicki loves the 'Stros, Yanks, and Rangers.

I'm guessing you have Altuve as your MVP?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way in hell. Dex, love ya, bud,

Altuve is a ******* gnome

He is a scrappy little player, reminds me of a lesser Biggio and I would be thrilled if he were on the Mets. But, he is not a game changer like Trout and I think the Astros would not skip a beat if Altuve were not on the team. Just my opinion of course......:p

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He is a scrappy little player, reminds me of a lesser Biggio and I would be thrilled if he were on the Mets. But, he is not a game changer like Trout and I think the Astros would not skip a beat if Altuve were not on the team. Just my opinion of course......:p
No, you're right. He isn't even a Biggio. Doesn't have the pop or OPS (without looking it up).

I damned hate Altuve, but I will give him credit. Of all the dip **** pundits that compare a player to Trout each year, at least the little lawn gnome is consistent.

Still, he's not an MVP player. Trout missed over thirty games and beats him in most important stats.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winicki loves the 'Stros, Yanks, and Rangers.

I'm guessing you have Altuve as your MVP?

I think if the Angels make the playoffs Trout deserves the MVP.

If not, I'm taking Altuve.

However I think Altuve will get it based on the Astros' season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing to keep in mind is the MVP does not always have the best stats.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can you say HOSKINS? NL Rookie of the month. They just brought this kid up from triple A. Phils are rebuilding and will be back. This kid is breaking all kinds of records already. Judge who lol? Eleven HR's in his first 18 games, never before done in the majors.

Talk about shining the first month in the majors. AVG:318 HR:12 RBI:27 R:21 But whose keeping track. Carry on fella's.
rhys-hoskins-topps-now-card-519-8-25-players-weekend-phillies-jersey-9hr-16gp_311948924646.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're lucky that ya aren't standing in front of me! :lmao2: At least say they are a AA team :D

And in no way should Altuve get MVP over Trout.

Yeah, LL team was cold... "AAA" probably more appropriate.

One thing I can say about the Mets... Actually two things...

1. It should be a humdinger of an offseason for the Mets fandom. I would have to think there will be a bucket-load of changes within the organization and the team.

2. At this point every team in that division is rebuilding outside of the Nationals.

In 2008 went to a Nationals game and even then you could start to see the fruits of the rebuild, even though Strasburg wasn't drafted until '09.

At this point I'm not seeing much out of the rebuilds that leads me to believe the Braves & Phils are going to be contenders any time soon.

It will be interesting to see if the Mets go the slow-rebuild route or the fast-rebuild route.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
So Judge finally hits a HR last night and today he gets 4 walks (and a single) lol. I guess he's swung at enough bad pitches the last month+ that pitchers figure they'll keep trying until he consistently lays off them?

It's crazy that his OBP is still only ~10 points less than Altuve's despite struggling for so long.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Judge finally hits a HR last night and today he gets 4 walks (and a single) lol. I guess he's swung at enough bad pitches the last month+ that pitchers figure they'll keep trying until he consistently lays off them?

It's crazy that his OBP is still only ~10 points less than Altuve's despite struggling for so long.

Altuve doesn't take walks.