MLB Offseason thread

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Welp, if Hernandez gets dealt this offseason, and it’s a package that the Angels could’ve competed with, I will be irate.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Never like to hear 'plasma rich injections'

They still have him for 6 cheap years...... a TJ surgery isn't a killer
I know, man. That’s what it all boils down to, really — term and contract is on point for a potential #2ish SP/spot DH.

Richards had a similar treatment, but the results weren’t great. Still no TJ surgery, but we will need him out there a whole season, for a change.

Still, it sucks hearing that the Babe Ruth of the Japanese League has a hurt UCL. At age 23:(

Apparently all of the seven finalists knew of this injury and all where chomping at the bit to snag him and that contract.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Really? OK, who are we. What "type" of sports fan am I
A fair weather fan, duh. I don't trust you to be honest, but I would bet you've never lived within 250 miles of at least 2 of those cities. Go ahead. Tell me I'm wrong.

People who root for both the Cowboys and Yankees are on the lowest rung of sports fandom. Throw in the Lakers and you've managed to dig just a little lower. If you were 30 years younger, you'd be a fan of the Patriots and the Warriors.
Yeah, it's the 4th and still, you don't explain why. You asked me to refer back and I did. I reposted your post and asked you, what explained why, in your post. You never answered. I asked you to repost your own post, just in case I got it wrong, and you basically told me to find it myself. Well, I'm asking you again. Post the response you want me to read and I will read it. To date, I have not seen one post that really answers the question. If you want me to stop asking, that's fine but I'm telling you right now, you have not answered either question.
I don't particularly care whether you keep asking the same question over and over. My response hasn't changed so you're just wasting your time.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know, man. That’s what it all boils down to, really — term and contract is on point for a potential #2ish SP/spot DH.

Richards had a similar treatment, but the results weren’t great. Still no TJ surgery, but we will need him out there a whole season, for a change.

Still, it sucks hearing that the Babe Ruth of the Japanese League has a hurt UCL. At age 23:(

Apparently all of the seven finalists knew of this injury and all where chomping at the bit to snag him and that contract.

Kinzler.

Well he's not total trash at 2B. He's filling a spot until they get a better player.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Astros signed reliever Joe Smith to a 2 year contract.

Last year had a 3.33 ERA with a 71/10 K/BB ratio across 54 innings.

Not a huge signing but fills a need in the bullpen.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Astros signed reliever Joe Smith to a 2 year contract.

Last year had a 3.33 ERA with a 71/10 K/BB ratio across 54 innings.

Not a huge signing but fills a need in the bullpen.
We Angel fans must assign our players with goofy nicknames, Joe Smith was "The Alias" :)

Solid reliever, Stros could've done far worse.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A fair weather fan, duh. I don't trust you to be honest, but I would bet you've never lived within 250 miles of at least 2 of those cities. Go ahead. Tell me I'm wrong.

People who root for both the Cowboys and Yankees are on the lowest rung of sports fandom. Throw in the Lakers and you've managed to dig just a little lower. If you were 30 years younger, you'd be a fan of the Patriots and the Warriors.
I don't particularly care whether you keep asking the same question over and over. My response hasn't changed so you're just wasting your time.

I see, so you've been here all of what, 3 months, and you know who I am huh. I think I can figure out where this is going.

I don't live within 250 miles of any of those teams. I live in Albuquerque NM but then, you don't have to be real smart to figure that out right?

OK, so what I am getting from this is that you're pissed and so it's just easier to blame Jeter because he was a lifelong Yankee. Never mind that he is not the GM or the Player Personnel guy. Never mind that he is only part owner and that there are others who also have stake in Ownership. It's all Jeter's fault just because. Got it.

The Commissioner should veto this trade because you don't like it. Nevermind that it would create considerable legal issues because the Player has a legal and binding contract that allows him to kill any deal he doesn't want and the player wants to play in NY. The Commissioner should just do it anyway because you don't like it. Got it.

You apparently have nothing to support this position, it's just a want/wish kinda thing. I understand, I won't ask again, you have nothing and I get it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see, so you've been here all of what, 3 months, and you know who I am huh. I think I can figure out where this is going.

I don't live within 250 miles of any of those teams. I live in Albuquerque NM but then, you don't have to be real smart to figure that out right?

OK, so what I am getting from this is that you're pissed and so it's just easier to blame Jeter because he was a lifelong Yankee. Never mind that he is not the GM or the Player Personnel guy. Never mind that he is only part owner and that there are others who also have stake in Ownership. It's all Jeter's fault just because. Got it.

The Commissioner should veto this trade because you don't like it. Nevermind that it would create considerable legal issues because the Player has a legal and binding contract that allows him to kill any deal he doesn't want and the player wants to play in NY. The Commissioner should just do it anyway because you don't like it. Got it.

You apparently have nothing to support this position, it's just a want/wish kinda thing. I understand, I won't ask again, you have nothing and I get it.

Bandwaggoner.

:D

Ghost12

Reaction score
Bandwaggoner.

:D
Being a fan of the Yankees and Cowboys is pretty much the textbook definition of bandwaggoner. Throw in the Lakers and it is the perfect bandwagon trifecta. Like I said, if he was 30 years younger he would be a fan of the Patriots and Warriors.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Being a fan of the Yankees and Cowboys is pretty much the textbook definition of bandwaggoner. Throw in the Lakers and it is the perfect bandwagon trifecta. Like I said, if he was 30 years younger he would be a fan of the Patriots and Warriors.

LOL.... Mike, you think this guy understands what he's telling you?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have it on good authority he also likes the Black Hawks and Alabama football.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm a Pegan! I'm not a Satinest.

I like Texas Football and don't really have a Hockey team, except team USA so, yeah. I guess you could say that I'm a bandwagon Hockey guy too.
I grew up in Washington DC in the 1970s and have always had Dallas Cowboys and NY Yankees as my favorites

My Dad loved Roger Staubach at the USNA in Annapolis MD and Randy White, a Maryland Terp from Delaware......I followed my Dad......our Senators had been lost again in baseball so the Yankees with Reggie and Guidry was a perfect match

Been with them both since, so if that is bandwagoneering then so be it

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I guess I resemble a bandwagonner too. I became Packers fan during the Ice Bowl and a Mets fan two years later.

Winter meeting just ended. Mets showed up tho and did nothing. God I hate that ownership and management group. I may become a Rays bandwagoner since I can go watch them play when I want.

Yankees sign Giancarlo and Mets draft a kid from the Rays and sale in to the Royals for $100 bucks. God I hate this ownership.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I grew up in Washington DC in the 1970s and have always had Dallas Cowboys and NY Yankees as my favorites

My Dad loved Roger Staubach at the USNA in Annapolis MD and Randy White, a Maryland Terp from Delaware......I followed my Dad......our Senators had been lost again in baseball so the Yankees with Reggie and Guidry was a perfect match

Been with them both since, so if that is bandwagoneering then so be it

I hear you. My Uncle went to school with Roger Staubach at NMMI. They have known each other for years. I was a huge Roger fan, from day one. As a young boy, I grew up in Baytown Texas so I was really closer to the Houston teams and I liked the Oilers, back in the day. In fact, Earl Campbell is probably my all time favorite player, but there was never, ever any question where my loyalties rested. We moved back to NM when I was getting ready to go into HS. There has always been a huge fan base for Dallas here. Not only Roger going to a Prep School here but Bob Lilly lived here, Don Perkins, Don Meredith, the link goes back a good ways here.

As for the Yankees, I was not always a Yankees fan. I started as a Cincinnati Reds fan, and to be honest, I still am a Reds fan in the National League, but became a Yankees fan later in life. So back in the early 90s, the Yankees and the Reds were huge trading partners. Marge Schott, the owner of the team at that time, hired Murray Cook and Bob Quinn, in succession (both came out of the Yankees organization) so a lot of deals were made between them, in a relatively short period of time. What ended up happening is that half the Reds team was playing for the Yankees. I was in Florida at the time and I used to go fishing with a Buddy of mine every Tuesday night. Case of beer, watched the Yankees play and fished. I started becoming a Yankees fan and I just plain could not stomach Marge Schott. She was a horrible human being, IMO. That's how I became a Yankees fan in the AL.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hear you. My Uncle went to school with Roger Staubach at NMMI. They have known each other for years. I was a huge Roger fan, from day one. As a young boy, I grew up in Baytown Texas so I was really closer to the Houston teams and I liked the Oilers, back in the day. In fact, Earl Campbell is probably my all time favorite player, but there was never, ever any question where my loyalties rested. We moved back to NM when I was getting ready to go into HS. There has always been a huge fan base for Dallas here. Not only Roger going to a Prep School here but Bob Lilly lived here, Don Perkins, Don Meredith, the link goes back a good ways here.

As for the Yankees, I was not always a Yankees fan. I started as a Cincinnati Reds fan, and to be honest, I still am a Reds fan in the National League, but became a Yankees fan later in life. So back in the early 90s, the Yankees and the Reds were huge trading partners. Marge Schott, the owner of the team at that time, hired Murray Cook and Bob Quinn, in succession (both came out of the Yankees organization) so a lot of deals were made between them, in a relatively short period of time. What ended up happening is that half the Reds team was playing for the Yankees. I was in Florida at the time and I used to go fishing with a Buddy of mine every Tuesday night. Case of beer, watched the Yankees play and fished. I started becoming a Yankees fan and I just plain could not stomach Marge Schott. She was a horrible human being, IMO. That's how I became a Yankees fan in the AL.
Paul O'neill for Roberto Kelly was the key to the dynasty imo

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I guess I resemble a bandwagonner too. I became Packers fan during the Ice Bowl and a Mets fan two years later.

Winter meeting just ended. Mets showed up tho and did nothing. God I hate that ownership and management group. I may become a Rays bandwagoner since I can go watch them play when I want.

Yankees sign Giancarlo and Mets draft a kid from the Rays and sale in to the Royals for $100 bucks. God I hate this ownership.
Madoff really did a number on you guys