MLB Offseason thread

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Cozart signs with the Angels. Theres your 2nd baseman Trouty.

Mets should have gone after him but he costs more than minimum wage so no way that was going to workout.

I hate the Wilpons.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yankees are also talking about getting Manny Machado. Seriously that would be a sick offense.

Honestly, I would doubt that they would go all in for Machado. I mean, it could happen but I doubt it. I don't see the Orioles trading Machado in the Division. It could be a deal where Machado gets traded to one team and then they trade with the Yanks but seriously, I just don't think that will happen. I guess we'll see..

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm a Pegan! I'm not a Satinest.

I like Texas Football and don't really have a Hockey team, except team USA so, yeah. I guess you could say that I'm a bandwagon Hockey guy too.

I have it on good authority he also likes the Black Hawks and Alabama football.

@Nightman

Hey guys, if you have MLBTV, they had a fantastic documentary on Billy Martin air a couple nights ago, titled Billy.. I watched it one and half times. Incredibly well made!

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you have MLBTV, they had a fantastic documentary on Billy Martin air a couple nights ago. I watched it one and half times. Incredibly well made!

Hey Trouty,

Yeah, Billy Martin was one in a million. Like him or hate him, he was definitely one of those guys who left his mark in Baseball.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Cozart signs with the Angels. Theres your 2nd baseman Trouty.

Mets should have gone after him but he costs more than minimum wage so no way that was going to workout.

I hate the Wilpons.....
3rd basemen. And if we let Kinsler walk next offseason, he will then be moved over to 2B.

I'm sorry, Rob, that the Mets aren't making moves.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hey Trouty,

Yeah, Billy Martin was one in a million. Like him or hate him, he was definitely one of those guys who left his mark in Baseball.
Hey, ABQ!

Yeah, he was a genius who got in his own way. But man, you are certainly right about leaving a lasting mark!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Nightman

Hey guys, if you have MLBTV, they had a fantastic documentary on Billy Martin air a couple nights ago, titled Billy.. I watched it one and half times. Incredibly well made!

Grew up in the Billy Martin era.

He brought the World Series back to the New York after the early 60's team grew old and the Yankees were forced to play guys like Horace Clarke and Gene Michael.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
@Nightman

My cable company still doesn't get MLBTV

Martin and Steinbrennar were great for other......they were both intense and had huge personalities

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yankees and Pirates are discussing trade for Gerrit Cole.
I would trade Frazier for Cole since he is blocked as a corner OF for about 10 years
I don't see Frazier as a CF going forward but he could fill in for Hicks if we trade Ellsbury

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yankees are also talking about getting Manny Machado. Seriously that would be a sick offense.
Machado is a dream

I would trade Chance Adams, Justus Sheffield and two minor guys if we could get Manny and get him locked up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would trade Frazier for Cole since he is blocked as a corner OF for about 10 years
I don't see Frazier as a CF going forward but he could fill in for Hicks if we trade Ellsbury

I would do that trade as well. I mean, Frazier obviously has some value, in the eyes of the Yankees but I really don't see him getting much opportunity in NY, anytime soon.