MMQB - The NFL’s Top 21 Quarterbacks for the Rest of 2017

mcmvp

Reaction score
I just don't think at this point anybody can reasonably rank Wentz ahead of Dak regardless of criteria and I believe that there is likely a regression for Wentz soon once the league gets a better handle on how to defend the progression he has made.
YR

And yet, outside of this message board, the majority clearly does.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
So does that make yours look something like:

Look for thread that doesn't show Dak as the NFL's best QB
Post standard hyperbolic response propping up Dak and discrediting any player not wearing a Cowboys #4 jersey
Pumping up Eagles on a Cowboys message board =/= talking about Dak on a Cowboys message board. But you're not equipped for a discussion of false equivalency anymore than of QB play so I digress.

Btw you're posting almost exclusively in favor of Wentz and the Eagles on this forum. Just an observation but odd that logical actions offend your sensibilities so much that you feel the need to constantly defend them. Unless of course that's the only reason you're here in the first place.

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Pumping up Eagles on a Cowboys message board =/= talking about Dak on a Cowboys message board. But you're not equipped for a discussion of false equivalency anymore than of QB play so I digress.

Btw you're posting almost exclusively in favor of Wentz and the Eagles on this forum. Just an observation but odd that logical actions offend your sensibilities so much that you feel the need to constantly defend them. Unless of course that's the only reason you're here in the first place.

I really like Dak (way more than other posters here), so I have no agenda against him. I will admit to having a strong dislike towards blind homerism and the discrediting of players of other teams. The reality is there are 32 teams and excellent players on all of them.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I really like Dak (way more than other posters here), so I have no agenda against him. I will admit to having a strong dislike towards blind homerism and the discrediting of players of other teams. The reality is there are 32 teams and excellent players on all of them.
But you are an Eagles fan right Rowdy?

Sydla

Reaction score

Silly me. I thought this was a football message board where we discuss the Cowboys and also our rivals and where we fit, how we are playing, etc. relative to the league.

Some of you are so sensitive about any praise for other teams and players it's almost pathological.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You kinda do though. Rowdy is your picture.

Well I guessing trolling is a subjective word. Trust me, there are those that really troll. I don't. I really do like Dak. I defend him on the eagles board too, from the same type of homerism, when people say things like "he should be playing RB", "his numbers only good because of their running game and o-line", etc. Every team has blind homeristic fans that don't give the competition credit where it's due.

Sydla

Reaction score
ok. He pretty much battled AR to a standstill.

Which means what?

Did I not say Prescott is having a good year?

My only point is that there is this bizarre, knee jerk reaction by the diehard Prescott fans here to basically excuse all his mistakes by claiming our WRs basically suck balls and can't get open. Except that's not entirely true. People have looked at the All-22 and refuted the claim that Prescott is simply being held back by a crappy WR corps that can't get open.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Silly me. I thought this was a football message board where we discuss the Cowboys and also our rivals and where we fit, how we are playing, etc. relative to the league.

Some of you are so sensitive about any praise for other teams and players it's almost pathological.
I think in regards to QB play ignorance is absolutely rampant among fans and media. The few talking heads who actually watch tape have a pretty substantial disagreement with your position. Wentz played like dog **** for 90% of his last game but two red zone turnovers bump his stats enough for people to run with it. His pocket awareness and weird mix of happy feet and concrete shoes perplexes me. Then he takes off and runs right into multiple defenders for no benefit. He plays weird and frankly for as smart as he is he often plays dumb, but none of that appears in his stats.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think in regards to QB play ignorance is absolutely rampant among fans and media. The few talking heads who actually watch tape have a pretty substantial disagreement with your position. Wentz played like dog **** for 90% of his last game but two red zone turnovers bump his stats enough for people to run with it. His pocket awareness and weird mix of happy feet and concrete shoes perplexes me. Then he takes off and runs right into multiple defenders for no benefit. He plays weird and frankly for as smart as he is he often plays dumb, but none of that appears in his stats.

Wait, are you stating he has bad pocket awareness and lead feet?

Sydla

Reaction score
I have never understood the Newton love affair. Never.