More troubles for David Irving

CPanther95

Reaction score
When I read "More Troubles" I assumed Irving had someone else in his life fabricate a story.

He might wiggle out of a suspension if there's a single story that the "victim" admits was wholly fabricated - but I believe a second fabricated story is an automatic 8 game suspension.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
this is true. the burden of proof is not the same for all courts. oj got off in criminal court, but not civil court. family court law is different as it is about individuals welfare and not criminal or civil torts.
The "he said - she said" doesn't hold weight either. They really go all out on the welfare of the child.

On "All or nothing" his daughter looked like a normal happy child. And he looked like a damn good dad. I know it was a small sample, but you can't fake that. A kid will be the most honest being on the planet.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah the thigh bruises come from muay tai...
OsE0Ymo.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he will. He already proved it.

The point is that the NFLs punishment system isnt interessted in who actually the guilty party is. It punishes a player who through hes bevaviour hurt the product the NFL tries to sell. And if Goodell views the company Irving surrounds himself with is bad for his product then Irving will be punished.

Do i think this is right or fair ? Not at all. This has a tendency we had in germany when Hitler had the power: if you accused somebody for doing something bad not you were the one who had to prove it the one who was accused of doing it had to prove the opposite. Which is nearly impossible.

But it seems the u.s. law has no problem with the NFL making their own laws. To me this is a fundamental question if there can be a institution like the Nfl inside a state that calls itself a nation of law that is allowed to make its own decissions just to secure their own revenue. But that are obviously against the laws of the state.

When did he prove it? With Zeke there was no hearing in a court at all, much less one that indicated Zeke was a more reliable person than his accuser. There was with Irving.

CapnB

Reaction score
That's my issue with the league. It's inconsistent. 4 games here, 6 games there. It doesn't matter if they are cleared, the BS detrimental judgement call trumps all. It's ridiculous.
And, it actually hurts the NFL in my opinion. It draws negative attention on top of all the other nonsense.

Yep, they've backed themselves in a corner and now everyone else has to pay for it regardless if you did something or not.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Sooo... just the timing of her posting. David gets full custody of the child. As a parent I would be devastated. However 5 hours ago she’s posting videos looking like she’s going out with her girls. Then two hours ago she starts with the abuse claims. She’s drunk.

Also the pictures she’s saying he hit her, she’s got a sweat towel over her neck like she just got done training. I swear if goodell takes this **** seriously I’m done.
Goodell should be done :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite honestly courts don't do ANYTHING other than decide cases as a general rule. Lawyers do that sort of thing. Not courts.

So what happens in court depends on what your lawyer chooses to present.

Both sides present, and one side is accepted by the court, and the other is rejected by the court. And it is the court order that grants custody. The lawyer can't do that on his own.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is why you don’t sign him to an extension.

Yeah lets keep believing everything you read on social media from these women. Have you not learned your lesson on that yet?

This woman just lost custody of her kid in Texas. Do you know how hard that is for a woman? She must be a piece of trash if that is the case. But yes, lets take her word on everything....

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Um more inclined to give him a big contract than I was before. He seems to be taking a step many players don't --- removing bad people from their lives.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Kinda a related cased here.........sounds like the victim here and Foster either reconcile or she lied. Can't see him getting convicted if girlfriend sticks to her story that nothing happened.

Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers
The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows reports Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend plans to testify Thursday that the linebacker did not hit her.

Elissa Ennis originally accused Foster of dragging her and punching her "8 to 10 times," but she has since recanted her allegations. Ennis did show signs of injury following the February 11 incident, but she says she sustained those injuries during a prior fight with a woman. She reportedly has submitted a video of the fight to the Santa Clara DA. The DA's office has continued to move forward with the case despite Ennis retracting her allegations, but it is possible her testimony leads to the case being dropped.

Source: Sacramento Bee
May 15 - 12:55 PM