More troubles for David Irving

lostar2009

Reaction score
A crazy girlfriend but still his girfriend he decided to be with. So making "bad" decissions has alot to do with him.

And seriously you want to sign him to a contract when a league penalty is lingering ?

You do follow how goddell handles those things these days dont you ?

I'm sure all your significant others are angles.

Reactions: BAT

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
What they need to do is drop the hammer on false accusations. Set a standard that illustrates clearly to people who think they are going to gain something by making BS up.

100% in agreement.
I think the NFL has not learned their lesson. it has to change. The law has to act on it.
Brian Banks comes to mind. A once promising prospect LB whose life and future were destroyed by a false accusation.
The accuser still walks free if I am not mistaken.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
100% in agreement.
I think the NFL has not learned their lesson. it has to change. The law has to act on it.
Brian Banks comes to mind. A once promising prospect LB whose life and future were destroyed by a false accusation.
The accuser still walks free if I am not mistaken.
From what I've read, they said because she was 15 at the time of her lies, it would be really hard to go after her. They found out he was innocent because him and an investigator videotaped her confessing it was all a lie. She friended him on facebook! Her and her mom sued the school and got 1.5 million for lack of security. And it was believed to be the mother's idea to sue. Banks loses 10 years of his life and lies gave them 1.5 million.
The ironic part is they're now on welfare and spent everything.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
From what I've read, they said because she was 15 at the time of her lies, it would be really hard to go after her. They found out he was innocent because him and an investigator videotaped her confessing it was all a lie. She friended him on facebook! Her and her mom sued the school and got 1.5 million for lack of security. And it was believed to be the mother's idea to sue. Banks loses 10 years of his life and lies gave them 1.5 million.
The ironic part is they're now on welfare and spent everything.

Very ironic. More ironic are the riches earned by many in the NFL and 2 years after exiting the league they are broke.
My wish is a union-approved mandatory 401k for every player in the league. One-fourth of every dollar earned goes into the 401k fund with a matching amount from the NFL. Disbursement of $50k every year 5 years after exiting the league.

O, what a starry-eyed lad I am.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Well, buddy, be glad. Then look around and I hope you spread your largess with others here and abroad who face their share of adversity, buddy.

Lol I do that as well and some. I enjoy seeing my emails from certain charities thanking me for my monthly contributions!

Fair share of adversity? I've been bought up as a kid and young adult with a double dose of that, pulled through, do quit nice for myself now, and give back.

You are letting my sarcasm fool you, and you are also barking up the wrong tree.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Very ironic. More ironic are the riches earned by many in the NFL and 2 years after exiting the league they are broke.
My wish is a union-approved mandatory 401k for every player in the league. One-fourth of every dollar earned goes into the 401k fund with a matching amount from the NFL. Disbursement of $50k every year 5 years after exiting the league.

O, what a starry-eyed lad I am.

What's sad is that the NFL does have a Players 401k plan with a match and profit sharing. The NFL even gives all rookies a list of financial advisers which they have screened to seek financial help. Unfortunately the NFL can't mandate what a player does with his own money. The $18,500 deferral limit is nothing to what some of the the younger kids get paid.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
That money can bring the crazy out of many girls
Not just women, Remember all the issues Tyron Smith had with his own family?

For other guys it's their "friends" from the old neighborhood.

Starting in college, these guys need to be taught about finances and how to identify and distance themselves from toxic people in their lives

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I still fear my ex-wife to this very day and we've been done and zero contact for over 7 years. Much of it due to my getting the hell out of Dodge and staying away... She's tried, my brothers and sisters... she's tried.
I Fear Her. I fear no man, but I fear her.

No joke.

She's a lot of the reason I stayed a Ghost Writer for longer than I've needed to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, anything new on this other than he's completely innocent because she's crazy. And we all know a crazy chick wouldn't drive a man to the edge.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it NFL players and hooking up with crazy chicks?
What qualifies them as experts on women, money? I have surmised over the years that NFL players are not necessarily the intellectual types.

If I were a babe in college, I would target one that is destined for the NFL, captivate him and when he runs out of bonus money, dump him and go get me a Harvard lawyer. That's a drop in ethics but I could use a dose of brains after brawn and another thing, only reverse cowboy, I ain't lookin' at him. I'm reading the bank statement and faking it.