FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow cartoon and cereal lovers on a Saturday morning. For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about that. My first Saturday to be trusted to get up, fix my own cereal, sit down in front of the TV and get ready for the entertainment extravaganza. Took me a long time to outgrow that as I relived it with my oldest son when we'd watch Land of the Lost with our cereal and me doing perfect impersonation of a Sleestak eating Raisin Bran.

If you haven't been to the thread cz friends, one of our long time posters, cowboy_ron, is in the hospital recovering from a triple bypass, preceded by a heart attack 4 days prior and has had some congestive heart issues. ron was with us on the old site and is a good dude and could use some well wishes.

Isn't it just strange and wonderful at the same time? I've never met him yet he's been on my mind and in my thoughts since I saw his thread telling us about his struggles. And I thank him for that and hope that all of us feel comfortable sharing these battles like Jan and Leon have done. That establishes that human quality to these posts, that person behind them.

I must admit that I failed in that department when I was having an emotional and mental struggle. I came to the old forum but I didn't share the weight of my heart and I now know there were people that could have helped lighten that. I am all about the humor but before that comes the human part, the really important part.

I saw ron's thread and thought about him going through that and posting here. It's that important to him to let his friends here know. I hope that lesson isn't lost on any of us.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow cartoon and cereal lovers on a Saturday morning. For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about that. My first Saturday to be trusted to get up, fix my own cereal, sit down in front of the TV and get ready for the entertainment extravaganza. Took me a long time to outgrow that as I relived it with my oldest son when we'd watch Land of the Lost with our cereal and me doing perfect impersonation of a Sleestak eating Raisin Bran.

If you haven't been to the thread cz friends, one of our long time posters, cowboy_ron, is in the hospital recovering from a triple bypass, preceded by a heart attack 4 days prior and has had some congestive heart issues. ron was with us on the old site and is a good dude and could use some well wishes.

Isn't it just strange and wonderful at the same time? I've never met him yet he's been on my mind and in my thoughts since I saw his thread telling us about his struggles. And I thank him for that and hope that all of us feel comfortable sharing these battles like Jan and Leon have done. That establishes that human quality to these posts, that person behind them.

I must admit that I failed in that department when I was having an emotional and mental struggle. I came to the old forum but I didn't share the weight of my heart and I now know there were people that could have helped lighten that. I am all about the humor but before that comes the human part, the really important part.

I saw ron's thread and thought about him going through that and posting here. It's that important to him to let his friends here know. I hope that lesson isn't lost on any of us.
He's so good with the one liners, I sometimes wonder if he really is Ron White. I hope he's seen the worst of his health issues.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Ron has been on my mind as well, Coach. I agree with you too, Runny. He comes out with the best one liners and one word responses.
Why can't you get the wine shipped to you? Is it Have you done a deep search for the wine on line? What about eBay? I found an Amish ***** company on line. I didn't think they'd give in to technology, so anything is possible. That reminds me to consider placing an order, but there are so many flavors! (I typed this last night and forgot to hit Post Reply. :oops:)
Yep! It sure got quiet after that. Sort of like the kid who failed at math, so his parents sent him to a Catholic school where he excelled. Asked why, he said "when I saw the guy nailed to the "plus sign" I knew they were serious!
:lmao2:
Have a good time at the freak show, Colo. I went to an indoor jousting, role playing and dining event. I was thinking that I didn't belong in that great nerd fest, but it turned out to be quite entertaining. We all got paper crowns and were assigned jousters according to where we were seated. Lots of cheers and boos. The ex found coupons on line and we got in for half price.

Have a good weekend everyone and remember @cowboy_ron in your prayers please.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I love piddling, @LeonDixson, especially when it involves the garage and/or power tools. My son-in-law and I did a little male bonding recently when I purchased him a set of DeWalt 40v cordless tools. I swear, we must have looked like Alvin and the Chipmunks scurrying about the garage.

Up early this morning streaming an Australian Rules Football game - I really have fond memories of living in Oz, particularly since my team is winning :).

We continue to have a wet start to the summer. Intermittent rain and light hail last night and early this morning.... good for the forest, not so great for our garden, though.

The agenda today includes a visit to the Colorado Renaissance Festival with the grand-kids. It is good fun for all. I have to admit, though, I go mainly to people watch. In my mind, it is what Comic-Con would like if set in the middle-ages... I am looking forward to the freak show.
It did involve power tools, and lots of them, Everything from my old Ryobi Combo kits about 20 yrs. old, to DeWalt drills and Milwaukee drills and reciprocal saw. Router table, table top scroll saw and more., Plus, organizing all my golf equipment. Now if I can just figure out why I'm not getting enough tension on the serpentine belt for my lawn tractor, I'm all set.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It did involve power tools, and lots of them, Everything from my old Ryobi Combo kits about 20 yrs. old, to DeWalt drills and Milwaukee drills and reciprocal saw. Router table, table top scroll saw and more., Plus, organizing all my golf equipment. Now if I can just figure out why I'm not getting enough tension on the serpentine belt for my lawn tractor, I'm all set.
How old is the belt?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
It's about 4 yrs. old. But I think I must have lost a tension spring because it has about an inch to and inch and a half of play. Although I don't see any place where the spring would attach to the tension pulley. It was mowing fine the last time I used it.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Ron has been on my mind as well, Coach. I agree with you too, Runny. He comes out with the best one liners and one word responses.
Why can't you get the wine shipped to you? Is it Have you done a deep search for the wine on line? What about eBay? I found an Amish ***** company on line. I didn't think they'd give in to technology, so anything is possible. That reminds me to consider placing an order, but there are so many flavors! (I typed this last night and forgot to hit Post Reply. :oops:)

:lmao2:
Have a good time at the freak show, Colo. I went to an indoor jousting, role playing and dining event. I was thinking that I didn't belong in that great nerd fest, but it turned out to be quite entertaining. We all got paper crowns and were assigned jousters according to where we were seated. Lots of cheers and boos. The ex found coupons on line and we got in for half price.

Have a good weekend everyone and remember @cowboy_ron in your prayers please.
First and most important, yes, prayers for @cowboy_ron. Second, the winery has a website. I tried every state I know people in and the site says they don't ship to whatever state I plug in. I'm taking it personally until I figure it out. I may just have to call them or contact a local bar or grocery store to see if they can get it shipped.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Anyone getting tired of temps in the 70's at 6a.m and all this humidity? This is why I like the crisp Fall mornings in the 50's and days in the low 70's... not to mention Winter! It's no secret how much I loathe Summer, and Spring is always too wet. Wasn't the saying "Let them wear hoodies!"... or was it "Let them eat cake!"?... Meh either way, I'm good.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. (Hey @Runwildboys... are you used to the whole dread thing about it being Sunday and having 'to go back to work tomorrow'?

Have a great day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found the problem with my mower belt finally. I don't know why I couldn't see it before. The hook on the tension spring broke off so I need to install a new spring.
That would have been my guess. Right after I figured what the hell you were talking about.

I haven't owned a lawn mower in 30 years and the last one I owned I tried to get the neighbors to borrow and I would have moved before they could return it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Zoner Friends.

Generally, I really don't feel (or, act) my age. I am active, in reasonably good shape and, generally, of sound mind.

Today, i pretty much debunked that view of myself. After a couple hours at the trampoline park with my two granddaughters, I am leaving with a partially dislocated thumb and a really sore knee. Admittedly, I did pull one of those "hold my beer and watch this" stunts - much to the amusement of everyone. I have a feeling they'll be talking about silly grandpa for quite some time.

The hot tub and a glass of wine is calling.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Zoner Friends.

Generally, I really don't feel (or, act) my age. I am active, in reasonably good shape and, generally, of sound mind.

Today, i pretty much debunked that view of myself. After a couple hours at the trampoline park with my two granddaughters, I am leaving with a partially dislocated thumb and a really sore knee. Admittedly, I did pull one of those "hold my beer and watch this" stunts - much to the amusement of everyone. I have a feeling they'll be talking about silly grandpa for quite some time.

The hot tub and a glass of wine is calling.
Which is where you would have left me on your way to that park but I could not promise there would be any wine left on your return.

Xelda

Reaction score
Early evening Pops and friends. It rained cats and dogs today after a wonderful display of thunder which terrified one of my dogs. She was under foot until that stopped. Then the rain came and she looked at me perplexed. Mighty winds blew dried up leaves out of trees. It was a grand display which would have otherwise upset me. Unlike Jan, I don't like winter because all the leaves are off the trees. We're left with tree bones, so to speak. Nothing but dead trees for as far as the eye can see. Well, enough griping out of me. I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

Congrats on finding out what's wrong with your mower, Leon. We'd have all guess what's wrong eventually. Probably not this year though. Probably not next year either.

Have a good Sunday evening everyone.