FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and an extra good morning for anyone who didn't have to drive to Brooklyn this morning.

As NYC runs go, this shouldn't be a bad one, but just being in this city makes it 50% worse than it would otherwise be. Now that I've gotten a taste of retirement, I know I can do without this.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Anyone getting tired of temps in the 70's at 6a.m and all this humidity? This is why I like the crisp Fall mornings in the 50's and days in the low 70's... not to mention Winter! It's no secret how much I loathe Summer, and Spring is always too wet. Wasn't the saying "Let them wear hoodies!"... or was it "Let them eat cake!"?... Meh either way, I'm good.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. (Hey @Runwildboys... are you used to the whole dread thing about it being Sunday and having 'to go back to work tomorrow'?

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Pops and friends. The cool mornings make it easier to jog but I kind of like running in the humidity and heat. Within 5 minutes you’re covered in sweat, after 30 minutes sweat is slinging off your finger tips lol. This morning, no other runners were in the wooded jogging trail other than 2 deer. They just stared at me and were probably wondering why this foolish human was out there jogging when he could be sleeping in the ac. :muttley:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
It did involve power tools, and lots of them, Everything from my old Ryobi Combo kits about 20 yrs. old, to DeWalt drills and Milwaukee drills and reciprocal saw. Router table, table top scroll saw and more., Plus, organizing all my golf equipment. Now if I can just figure out why I'm not getting enough tension on the serpentine belt for my lawn tractor, I'm all set.

Speaking of lawn tractor, I’m going to fire mine up in a few minutes. With all the rain we’ve been having, I’m having to mow it every 5 days or so. Maybe I should set the blade a little lower :cool:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
The Mrs is flying out of state (Washington state) tomorrow to visit her sister for a week. She’s going to give me a crash course on how to use the washer/dryer. She’s given me a honey do list. Feed the feral cat, water her plants, keep the house clean, don’t let dishes pile up, change the ac air filter, etc... I miss her already

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Afternoon, Pops and pen pals. As the line from the song goes "Aint it funny how time slips away". That's how I've felt the last few days when starting out to do one little thing and then noticing something else and doing it, etc. until, before I know it, it's supper time. When did I become so productive. Y'all take care and don't let the heat get to you.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I finally threw away my wrought iron reclining lawn chair. I have run into it accidentally so many times that it became a toxic relationship between me and outdoor furniture. I looked around the house with a mercenary's eye looking for more to put on the curb. Fortunately, my brain talked common sense to me and I stopped. I watched some of America's Got Talent and found myself enjoying the husband singing opera as his wife threw knives at him. (You'd understand if you met my ex.) Simon asked for her to throw a knife at him using her feet. She laid back and flung it as far away from him as she could. In the process of getting up, she exposed more than she intended. Simon was aghast at the sight.
Morning Pops, and an extra good morning for anyone who didn't have to drive to Brooklyn this morning.

As NYC runs go, this shouldn't be a bad one, but just being in this city makes it 50% worse than it would otherwise be. Now that I've gotten a taste of retirement, I know I can do without this.
Finally, the stories start to trickle in. Coach is blazing a trail for us to follow in retirement. Grill responsibly.
The Mrs is flying out of state (Washington state) tomorrow to visit her sister for a week. She’s going to give me a crash course on how to use the washer/dryer. She’s given me a honey do list. Feed the feral cat, water her plants, keep the house clean, don’t let dishes pile up, change the ac air filter, etc... I miss her already
If you want, we can find you a bunch of jobs to do.
Afternoon, Pops and pen pals. As the line from the song goes "Aint it funny how time slips away". That's how I've felt the last few days when starting out to do one little thing and then noticing something else and doing it, etc. until, before I know it, it's supper time. When did I become so productive. Y'all take care and don't let the heat get to you.
We don't know. We're as confused as you are.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I finally threw away my wrought iron reclining lawn chair. I have run into it accidentally so many times that it became a toxic relationship between me and outdoor furniture. I looked around the house with a mercenary's eye looking for more to put on the curb. Fortunately, my brain talked common sense to me and I stopped. I watched some of America's Got Talent and found myself enjoying the husband singing opera as his wife threw knives at him. (You'd understand if you met my ex.) Simon asked for her to throw a knife at him using her feet. She laid back and flung it as far away from him as she could. In the process of getting up, she exposed more than she intended. Simon was aghast at the sight.

Finally, the stories start to trickle in. Coach is blazing a trail for us to follow in retirement. Grill responsibly.

If you want, we can find you a bunch of jobs to do.

We don't know. We're as confused as you are.

I’ll need some to stay busy. I’m a jack of all trades, master on none. All I require is a good shade tree. I’m hoping to meet up with some excoworker retirees at a local McDs and catch up on current events.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who have stopped in to visit this thread today.

Man, seems like it's been forever since I posted. Long holiday weekend and come back feeling pretty good. Lots of work today though! Hope everybody enjoyed a good couple of days off from the grind.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, missed you people! How did everybody fair for the Holiday?

Everyone, it's Monday and a damn fine thing it is to be here and see another one! Work hard, be safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and friends and friends of friends. We had a really strong thunder and lightening storm last evening with plenty of rain. That will save money on lawn watering.

I installed a ceiling fan in my workshop. I really need to install an attic exhaust fan or "whirlybird" at the minimum. Right now it doesn't have any insulation so I'm thinking of adding some and covering all the walls with pegboard instead of drywall. Maybe even install a combo air conditioner/heat pump and be comfortable out there year round. It would make a good place to sleep when I'm in trouble too.
lol-16.gif

Have a great day, Y'all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who swing this way today!

So interesting thing with the Wife going on. She went out and bought this machine that makes prints on things. She is making T-Shirts and all sorts of things. One of my relatives has a Harley and he loves to cook. He enters into a Chile Cook Off every year and so this year, for his B-Day, I got him a new Crock-Pot and the Wife made it into a Harley Crock-Pot by simply printing the Logo and then we fixed it onto the Crock-Pot. That Machine is really something and she is getting pretty good at it. Yesterday, she made the Grandson little Dinosaur Shirts for his B-Day Party. All the little kids will get shirts with a Dino and a list of all the little kids names on the back. The Boy will get one with a Dino Pic in the front, his name and his age printed on the back, Football Jersey style. Also made him a Happy B-Day banner in Dinosaurs. It's something,

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, morning !

Hope everybody is doing well today. Ready for a good work day and then home to enjoy the evening. Everybody, have a great day and come home safe!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So interesting thing with the Wife going on. She went out and bought this machine that makes prints on things. She is making T-Shirts and all sorts of things. One of my relatives has a Harley and he loves to cook. He enters into a Chile Cook Off every year and so this year, for his B-Day, I got him a new Crock-Pot and the Wife made it into a Harley Crock-Pot by simply printing the Logo and then we fixed it onto the Crock-Pot. That Machine is really something and she is getting pretty good at it. Yesterday, she made the Grandson little Dinosaur Shirts for his B-Day Party. All the little kids will get shirts with a Dino and a list of all the little kids names on the back. The Boy will get one with a Dino Pic in the front, his name and his age printed on the back, Football Jersey style. Also made him a Happy B-Day banner in Dinosaurs. It's something,

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, morning !

Hope everybody is doing well today. Ready for a good work day and then home to enjoy the evening. Everybody, have a great day and come home safe!
I could have a blast with that machine, making T shirts and stuff with my artwork, and mean sayings and stuff!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

One of my co workers has one of those vinyl presses. We had a particularly rough closing (I do commercial real estate closings in our office) so I had her make shirts for my friends at the title company. They loved them!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
One of my co workers has one of those vinyl presses. We had a particularly rough closing (I do commercial real estate closings in our office) so I had her make shirts for my friends at the title company. They loved them!

Yes. It was like 300 bucks but seems to be worth it. Wasn't sure at first but she really likes it so that's what's important.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If he finds seeing people puke, he should have a great time... Otherwise, I suggest eating somewhere else.
LoL,,,I had hit the McDonald's drive-thru around midnight a week or so back(I'd had design's on Taco bell& it's extra hidden helpful B.M. properties,but they were closed) Man, the "big Mac" combo was a $10 bill & was totally unworthy of a $4 cash expenditure.

*also,as a follow-up upon Reading @ABQCOWBOY ' post ,,,I think my 'croc-pot' is sitting under the rain down spout in anticipation of getting washedo_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
She went out and bought this machine that makes prints on things. She is making T-Shirts and all sorts of things.
Garment printers are wonderful. Been using one for quite sometime for our church functions/local Scouts & baseball teams. The children enjoy picking their own logos etc....