FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who log in and visit the thread.

On my third cup of Coffee and haven't eaten breakfast yet so I guess I better go make something to eat.

Happy Friday, how is everybody doing this morning? I hope everyone is off to a great start of the weekend.

Looking forward to some down time, I hope all of you have something fun on the schedule for the weekend.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, enjoy the weekend, maybe get up and enjoy a Sun Rise, if the mood strikes you. You might be surprised just how good that can make you feel.

Happy Friday everybody! Have a great weekend, enjoy the game and above all else, be happy, be safe! Welcome to the Weekend!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3864c5.gif
:muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Sunday morning to Pops and one and all and if you think you're the one, well, you're right.

My Aunt Lennie passed away over the weekend at the age of 93. She was an amazingly strong woman but had become in need of assisted living the last year and her depression sank even lower and she was my faith guide. I am not strong enough to have faith on my own and weaken easily and it is all too easy for me to slip into the dark. I need that "if they can believe, I can believe" because most of what I see tells me that Higher Power is on an extended vacation.

She lost her first husband, the absolute love of her life and one of the nicest people you'd even meet unless he was drinking, to alcoholism and suicide. Then her only son and my favorite cousin and closest person to a brother had a heart attack at 40 and died and her second husband died in her arms having a heart attack in their bed. Any one of those would have me thinking "this God loves us, loves her"? Not her, true faith cannot be shaken. It might be stirred but not shaken. Mine shakes a little too much.

She was absolutely my wife's favorite woman and she was that independent strong woman before that was in vogue and became head of the cosmetic departments for all of Dillards in the 70's and called people like Coco Chanel, Estee Lauder and other names in that business personal friends and hung out with them. When she retired, Bill Dillard called her the most professional and proficient person that he had ever met.

She left her mark on this world and in my heart because she was like my second Mom and whenever I was around family, after my own struggles, I would catch her looking at me and then she'd smile because she knew exactly what I was thinking and feeling as it is hard for me to be in situations where it is obvious there are the missing. The dark is always waiting, it never sleeps and another bright light has gone out in this world.

My friends, love them while they're here and let them know it because we never know when we will have that ultimate regret "but I wanted to tell...….". Make their day, tell them you love them when they're not expecting it. Call someone you haven't spoken to but have meaning to "getting around to that" and just start with "I was thinking of you".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Sitting here watching the preseason game. Pollard looks good
Good Sunday morning to Pops and one and all and if you think you're the one, well, you're right.

My Aunt Lennie passed away over the weekend at the age of 93. She was an amazingly strong woman but had become in need of assisted living the last year and her depression sank even lower and she was my faith guide. I am not strong enough to have faith on my own and weaken easily and it is all too easy for me to slip into the dark. I need that "if they can believe, I can believe" because most of what I see tells me that Higher Power is on an extended vacation.

She lost her first husband, the absolute love of her life and one of the nicest people you'd even meet unless he was drinking, to alcoholism and suicide. Then her only son and my favorite cousin and closest person to a brother had a heart attack at 40 and died and her second husband died in her arms having a heart attack in their bed. Any one of those would have me thinking "this God loves us, loves her"? Not her, true faith cannot be shaken. It might be stirred but not shaken. Mine shakes a little too much.

She was absolutely my wife's favorite woman and she was that independent strong woman before that was in vogue and became head of the cosmetic departments for all of Dillards in the 70's and called people like Coco Chanel, Estee Lauder and other names in that business personal friends and hung out with them. When she retired, Bill Dillard called her the most professional and proficient person that he had ever met.

She left her mark on this world and in my heart because she was like my second Mom and whenever I was around family, after my own struggles, I would catch her looking at me and then she'd smile because she knew exactly what I was thinking and feeling as it is hard for me to be in situations where it is obvious there are the missing. The dark is always waiting, it never sleeps and another bright light has gone out in this world.

My friends, love them while they're here and let them know it because we never know when we will have that ultimate regret "but I wanted to tell...….". Make their day, tell them you love them when they're not expecting it. Call someone you haven't spoken to but have meaning to "getting around to that" and just start with "I was thinking of you".
Morning Pops and everyone.

CC, sorry to hear of your loss. Pretty sure if your Aunt Lennie knew you so well and understood you, that you have it within you to take the baton she's handing off to you. It's your turn to be someone's Aunt Lennie. She paid forward to you great strength and understanding by the way she carried herself. Allow yourself to feel that strength and understanding. We all have moments when we need to lean on others. That's not weakness. It's rest for those who are much like your Aunt.

Allow yourself to grieve, and you'll find your strength. Believe me. I know.

All, have a blessed day.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I've still got that The Cowboys Won glow about me. I wish we could keep all those players that played last night. I don't know why the NFL is so finicky about only having 53 because someone is always pulling a ham string. My life flashed before my eyes when Witten revealed a shaved head. Dang it, man! Where did all your announcer hair go?

When I come to the Pops thread, I honor my distant cousin Lemmie. When he died, I bartered with his daughter to paint a portrait of him for a picture she had. I would sit and talk to the painting and felt better after "our" conversations. He was a mischievous and good hearted presence in my life when I desperately needed it. He'd walk in and diffuse family tensions at work by asking out loud "What did y'all do to Pops?" My brother and I would yell "NOTHING". He'd see the situation and pull daddy away from work until he regained some self control and common sense. I only knew Lemmie for about five years, but he was a God send that is still missed.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Coach. Their similar names drew that story out. You were blessed to have her in your life. Those kind of family members are rare. Don't think she didn't know how you felt about her. Your John Wayne boot leather toughness didn't fool her one bit. Her faith and wisdom assured her of how much others love her.

A friend once gave me some advice that I use in these situations. Take as long as you need to grieve. It pulled all pressure off me to squeeze out my ten thousand tears in a few days. It works for me and I hope it helps any who need it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good afternoon Pops and Zoner Friends,

Sorry for your loss @CouchCoach. Your aunt sounds like a remarkable woman and you have some pretty dear memories.

We have been enjoying a quiet and lazy Sunday. I did clean the BBQ grill but, otherwise, have been totally useless today. Sometimes you need days like this to re-charge your batteries.

We leave for Romania in about two weeks and my wife is already fully packed. We're attending a family wedding and then touring Transylvannia and the Carpathian Mountains. Fortunately, most of the folks we will see at the wedding speak Russian, so I will able to grunt and smile at the appropriate moment. Otherwise, I'll be reading Bram Stoker's Dracula... quietly... and in some dark corner.

:muttley: