FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
anim_59.gif
3802c6.gif

Morning, Pops and pen pals. Another day in paradise and I'm going to play handy man and do some minor fixes. Of course they are all minor fixes until you get into them then they become major. @daboyzruleperiod , you always come up with the best gifs.
thank-you-smiley-animated-Thank_you.gif

Xelda

Reaction score
Hump day Pops and friends. The weather man said we're through with the 100s for the year, but I've been lied to before. I can only hope.

Earlier this year I saw an article about a little girl that wanted some pictures of dogs. She received over 5,000 pictures. She has a terminal brain cancer and is only 7 years old. The parents post updates on her through a web site called Caring Bridge about every 4 days. Lately it was looking bleak. She was placed in hospice and they were praying she'd live long enough to have a surgery which was 10 days off. It was supposed to be today, but the doctor came back from vacation early to operate. They moved her into the hospital and through the internet, most were aware of her story. They put up pictures of dogs up in her room and operated yesterday. Most of the tumor was removed to give her more time with her family. It's not the end of the story, but adds another chapter to her little life. Stories like this, though heartbreaking, are reminders that we don't have it so bad after all. Also, there is more to this world than the evil on the news.

Hoping everyone has a good Wednesday.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Hump day Pops and friends. The weather man said we're through with the 100s for the year, but I've been lied to before. I can only hope.

Earlier this year I saw an article about a little girl that wanted some pictures of dogs. She received over 5,000 pictures. She has a terminal brain cancer and is only 7 years old. The parents post updates on her through a web site called Caring Bridge about every 4 days. Lately it was looking bleak. She was placed in hospice and they were praying she'd live long enough to have a surgery which was 10 days off. It was supposed to be today, but the doctor came back from vacation early to operate. They moved her into the hospital and through the internet, most were aware of her story. They put up pictures of dogs up in her room and operated yesterday. Most of the tumor was removed to give her more time with her family. It's not the end of the story, but adds another chapter to her little life. Stories like this, though heartbreaking, are reminders that we don't have it so bad after all. Also, there is more to this world than the evil on the news.

Hoping everyone has a good Wednesday.
Caring Bridge is a wonderful site. A good friend of mine who is living with an incurable cancer (in his sinus cavity) has a CB page. It's a great forum for family and friends to keep up with their loved ones.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and Humpsters. Went to the store this am while the cleaning lady was here because it makes her nervous when I don disguises and stand behind things and just watch her, takes her twice as long to clean the place.

The trip to the store was uneventful, and I know you are disappointed, however, once I arrived home I noticed something strange. One of the items I purchased at the grocery store, and this is subject of this post and the only one of interest to you so I'll thank you not to ask about the other items, was a mango, a rather large mango. My purpose for this mango was twofold, use half to infuse tequila for Mangoritas and the other half for mango salsa. I took the mango out of the produce bag and noticed something odd about this mango, it has a face. It is a face like an old woman smiling.

Now, I have a dilemma. Go get a another mango and name this one, and I was thinking she looks like a Mildred because she looks a little like Joan Crawford in the movie Mildred Pierce only older, much older. However, mangoes don't last long, even in the fridge and I couldn't have a conversation with her in there unless I climb in and what kind of example am I setting for my grandchildren when I tell them to not climb in refrigerators? I leave her out and she'll waste away before my very eyes. I am coming to terms with this, fruit euthanasia may be the only answer.

But I would like to have someone to talk to besides the dogs. To be truthful, as a much as I love them, I am getting tired of their judgmental attitude and disapproving looks. Sometimes, I regret following the advice of my vet, never lie to your dogs. I thought they would be more understanding but that "tch tch" and shaking their heads and the sideways glances at each other is getting old. I prefer that they go back to the shrugs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and Humpsters. Went to the store this am while the cleaning lady was here because it makes her nervous when I don disguises and stand behind things and just watch her, takes her twice as long to clean the place.

The trip to the store was uneventful, and I know you are disappointed, however, once I arrived home I noticed something strange. One of the items I purchased at the grocery store, and this is subject of this post and the only one of interest to you so I'll thank you not to ask about the other items, was a mango, a rather large mango. My purpose for this mango was twofold, use half to infuse tequila for Mangoritas and the other half for mango salsa. I took the mango out of the produce bag and noticed something odd about this mango, it has a face. It is a face like an old woman smiling.

Now, I have a dilemma. Go get a another mango and name this one, and I was thinking she looks like a Mildred because she looks a little like Joan Crawford in the movie Mildred Pierce only older, much older. However, mangoes don't last long, even in the fridge and I couldn't have a conversation with her in there unless I climb in and what kind of example am I setting for my grandchildren when I tell them to not climb in refrigerators? I leave her out and she'll waste away before my very eyes. I am coming to terms with this, fruit euthanasia may be the only answer.

But I would like to have someone to talk to besides the dogs. To be truthful, as a much as I love them, I am getting tired of their judgmental attitude and disapproving looks. Sometimes, I regret following the advice of my vet, never lie to your dogs. I thought they would be more understanding but that "tch tch" and shaking their heads and the sideways glances at each other is getting old. I prefer that they go back to the shrugs.
I hate mangos...and if this is Mango Dearest, I'd slice it up and not even give it the respect of being eaten!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Yesterday was interesting. I saw a teenage boy on the beach with tears in his eyes. I asked what was wrong and he said he was embarrassed to get near the girls because they would laugh at him for not being well endowed. I told him to put a wadded up sock in his trunks. He came back to me 30 minutes later madder than hell. He said they laughed at him till they had tears in their eyes. I said, "Dude, put the sock in the FRONT of your trunks." Okay, that's an old joke.

This morning met all my expectations of paradise. I woke up about 4:30, made my coffee and went out on the balcony. The full moon cast a shimmering glow on the water and highlighted the silhouette of the coconut palm in the foreground. There was a lightening show to the northwest. It was just beautiful, peaceful and calm. If you can't relax in those conditions, you're a born curmudgeon.

Wishing everyone a happy day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Yesterday was interesting. I saw a teenage boy on the beach with tears in his eyes. I asked what was wrong and he said he was embarrassed to get near the girls because they would laugh at him for not being well endowed. I told him to put a wadded up sock in his trunks. He came back to me 30 minutes later madder than hell. He said they laughed at him till they had tears in their eyes. I said, "Dude, put the sock in the FRONT of your trunks." Okay, that's an old joke.

This morning met all my expectations of paradise. I woke up about 4:30, made my coffee and went out on the balcony. The full moon cast a shimmering glow on the water and highlighted the silhouette of the coconut palm in the foreground. There was a lightening show to the northwest. It was just beautiful, peaceful and calm. If you can't relax in those conditions, you're a born curmudgeon.

Wishing everyone a happy day.
So jealous!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Thanks @daboyzruleperiod for the chuckle and, as we slide into the weekend, I can't help but think of the number of little maintenance jobs that I want to do around the house before fall. I am also reminded that, despite having a master's degree in chemical engineering, this pretty much looks like me at some point on every handyman job I do.

A couple of years ago, we were creating a rock garden at the entrance to our property. Most of the rocks were in the neighborhood of 20 to 40 lbs, not particularly heavy but, because of their shape, a little awkward to move. The last words my wife said to me as I headed out the door were, "wait for me, dear, and I will help you". Just as my wife came outside, I was walking swiftly up the driveway clutching a very bloody hand.

Needless to say, we ended up in the emergency room and, as the doctor was stitching up my hand, I asked, "how does it look dear?". Trust me, at that point you don't want to hear, "you know when you're grilling sausages and the casing splits... ?". Well the doctor was laughing so hard that she had to step out of the room.

Now, whenever I head out of the house to do even the smallest handyman project and she says, "wait for me", my hand aches and there is a cold bead of sweat that runs down my back.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who stop in to contribute, all who make this thread great.

Busy week but a good one, thus far. I hope everybody is doing well.

OK, short and sweet, it's Thursday afternoon and tomorrow is Friday. Gonna go out and celebrate with Friends of ours on Friday, it's the Wife's and our good friend's BDay this week so we'll do that.

I hope everybody has a great day.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, be well ya'll!

Everybody, Onward!

Xelda

Reaction score
That was a beautiful description of our new vacation spot. Thank you, Leon.

Good thoughts coming your way about your scope, @John813!

Sounds like we went to the same school of home repair (youtube), Colo. Be careful out there! Nature fights back.

Have a good Thursday everyone!