FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those celebrating the return of real football. Tonight Florida and Miami square off in a real, honest to goodness, football game that counts in the standings and everything. The season gets underway next week and weekend and the following weekend, the NFL gets real.

I do wonder if the quality of the NFL will be worse than usual on opening weekend because these coaches have been really gun shy of playing their starters. It's been pretty sloppy in the past but it is real football with real football players, the others will be watching from the employee lounge at Home Depot and Lowe's.

Have a good weekend and remember only the best days of the week start with a S.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops, friends and the infamous LeonDixon, who is infamous for making some of us green :D with envy. Get some asking prices for us, Leon. We specialize in occupying abandoned beach front properties.

It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow and yesterday. The sky filled up with clouds, but not a drop graced my yard. I'm going to file a complaint on these weather people that get my hopes up. Oh, new weather girl on the weather channel. I'm assuming one of the qualifications of a weather woman has to be obnoxious amounts of silicone. This one went above and beyond along with WTH did you do below? She likes to turn to the side and unlike the rest, turn all the way with her back to the camera. It's blatant, ridiculous and sad. When I check for the weather, I don't care if Popeye and Olive Oyl are giving the report. I'll bet some of you *cough* Coach starts watching the weather channel more. Speaking of, there was an invest storm brewing over the Bahamas, but I believe it's move on and taking aim at the eastern coast of Florida.

I haven't decided what I'm gong to do today but swimming the English Channel is off the table. Have a good day everyone!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, friends and the infamous LeonDixon, who is infamous for making some of us green :D with envy. Get some asking prices for us, Leon. We specialize in occupying abandoned beach front properties.

It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow and yesterday. The sky filled up with clouds, but not a drop graced my yard. I'm going to file a complaint on these weather people that get my hopes up. Oh, new weather girl on the weather channel. I'm assuming one of the qualifications of a weather woman has to be obnoxious amounts of silicone. This one went above and beyond along with WTH did you do below? She likes to turn to the side and unlike the rest, turn all the way with her back to the camera. It's blatant, ridiculous and sad. When I check for the weather, I don't care if Popeye and Olive Oyl are giving the report. I'll bet some of you *cough* Coach starts watching the weather channel more. Speaking of, there was an invest storm brewing over the Bahamas, but I believe it's move on and taking aim at the eastern coast of Florida.

I haven't decided what I'm gong to do today but swimming the English Channel is off the table. Have a good day everyone!
Naaaah, not me. I am going to set it to record around the clock and ff through the boring devastation to get to the WeatherWoobies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoned out weekenders.

Well, I watched the FL-MIA game in it's entirety yet I can't tell you why except out of morbid curiosity. I may have to retract my statement about college teams not needing preseason games. That was one crazy game.

On MIA's final drive they needed to recover 3 of their own fumbles and had 3 PI calls and still couldn't score. Their freshman QB got a Troy Aikman welcome to football and was sacked 10 times. With a little over 4 minutes in the game and with the lead, FL gets the ball back and immediately calls a pass and of course, it's picked and the QB, who is kind of a ? anyway, barks at some of his players on the sideline. He was lucky his D bailed him out.

The refs threw so many flags, they were green with grass stains by the end of the game. One ref had to be treated for rotator cuff and had to start throwing his flag with the other arm. It can only get better from here because it can't get much worse.

Xelda

Reaction score
Evening Pops and friends. I got up early (for me) today and lacked the good sense to accomplish much, so I took a nap and woke up at 5:30. I'm not proud, but I am rested now. The game last night was like a surprise gift I didn't see coming. I'm in luuuuuuv! If only we could keep them all. I enjoy someone in a Cowboys uniform pulling off a super hero leap to intercept the ball for us. Tonight's game is forcing me to change channels so I don't have to look at the Pittsburg QB. I have to live with myself after this, dang it!

The refs threw so many flags, they were green with grass stains by the end of the game. One ref had to be treated for rotator cuff and had to start throwing his flag with the other arm. It can only get better from here because it can't get much worse.
Have the Cowboys taught you nothing? :oops:

I hope it was a good Sunday and may the force be with us on Monday.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I'm on my second can of WD40 (spraying it, not drinking it) trying to get all the hinged and sliding things working smoothly. The salt water spay and air really demands frequent maintenance to keep moving things working right. We are having a great time here and I tend to spend hours every day just sitting on one of our balconies relaxing and watching the waves roll in and the ships pass by. My tension has just melted away. I would move here if I could convince my wife to do so.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends.

We are into the final countdown; we depart for Romania about this time tomorrow morning. Quite excited about seeing this part of Eastern Europe as well as attending the family wedding. Should make for an interesting visit. On the return flight, we are stopping in Istanbul for a few days and staying in the old town, near the Blue Mosque. If nothing else, I expect I will have some interesting stories to share in a few weeks.

:muttley:

All the best to everyone... have a great week and, let's be careful out there (how's that flashback to Hill Street Blues?).

https://images.app.goo.gl/MZ2cjziDZy1AzyvcA

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and peeps!

51° when I left my house this morning, supposed to be about 75° later on, I believe. If that were the year round climate, I'd be happy with it. Unfortunately, here in NE it means Summer's coming to an end.
:( I hope you're happy, CC! No really, I hope you're happy...and Zelda, Jan, Dix, ABQ, Colo, and everyone else who reads this. I hope you're all happy. Forget everyone else. They should have read it!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and peeps!

51° when I left my house this morning, supposed to be about 75° later on, I believe. If that were the year round climate, I'd be happy with it. Unfortunately, here in NE it means Summer's coming to an end.
:( I hope you're happy, CC! No really, I hope you're happy...and Zelda, Jan, Dix, ABQ, Colo, and everyone else who reads this. I hope you're all happy. Forget everyone else. They should have read it!
Morning Pops and everyone.

Runny, perfect Fall temps! Love it! My kind of weather.

Have a great day all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends.

We are into the final countdown; we depart for Romania about this time tomorrow morning. Quite excited about seeing this part of Eastern Europe as well as attending the family wedding. Should make for an interesting visit. On the return flight, we are stopping in Istanbul for a few days and staying in the old town, near the Blue Mosque. If nothing else, I expect I will have some interesting stories to share in a few weeks.

:muttley:

All the best to everyone... have a great week and, let's be careful out there (how's that flashback to Hill Street Blues?).

https://images.app.goo.gl/MZ2cjziDZy1AzyvcA
Michael Conrad had nothing on you. Have a good trip and y'all don't get kidnapped but if you do, call Liam Neeson. He'll come and getchya!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and peeps!

I am jealous, I can recall when the changing of the season signaled football and the Boys of Autumn showed up.