FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everyone who decided to stop in and check out the thread.

I hope everybody had a great weekend. Next week is a 3 day weekend so something to look forward to.

Supposed to hit 100 today, after that the temps will start dropping into the mid 90s to low 80s. Summer is coming to a close and the Fall is coming. I love the Fall in NM, stays really nice, warm in the days and cool but not cold in the evenings. A pair of Levis and a light jacket sitting outside by the fire pit and drinking some cold beer is a great way to spend an evening in New Mexico. You start getting Dew in the mornings, it's brisk in the early hours, great time to go out and watch the Sun Rise over the Mountains with a hot cup of Coffee. Football practice is in the air but games are on the way. As a kid, I loved it. Two-a-days were over and you could finally play some games! There is everything in the world to look forward to right now.

How is everybody today? Got a full week ahead so I'll sum it up.

Jobs, stop in if you have a free second Buddy. You are missed.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you all had a great weekend!

Everybody, make it a great work week! Give your job a good weeks work of effort, make them happy to pay you your money for the effort and go out and enjoy a long weekend next weekend! Lets get to it!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Skipped the farmers market... I boogered up my ankle a little on my jog this morning so walked the last 1/4 or so if the route... I think maybe a minor strain or sprain. No swelling but this tells me tomorrow is a day off and I need to stretch these tired old muscles and tendons a bit more before I head out the next timeo_O. I think the bowflex and hand weights are begging for some attention so that'll be tomorrow I suppose.

Got some more tomatoes from a work associate yesterday so I'll get to do a little more canning tomorrow :).

Went to mom's this morning for a visit also. My sister and two nieces were there also. I think they felt lost and confused. My sister and I spent a good part of the visit (for some reason) reminiscing about the cartoons from the late 60's and 70's. The looks we got when we were talking about Touché Turtle and sleestaks and the others... :huh:...

Back to the weekend chores.

Have a great day.

Good morning Pops and friends. How’s the ankle Jan? After about 1.5 mile jog this morning, I stepped on a small branch and rolled my ankle. I almost hit the ground lol. Limped the rest of the 1.5 miles back to my truck. I’ll probably skip the next couple of days.
Heat index is 108 right now so I’m staying inside where the temp is 76.
Have a safe Monday everyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. How’s the ankle Jan? After about 1.5 mile jog this morning, I stepped on a small branch and rolled my ankle. I almost hit the ground lol. Limped the rest of the 1.5 miles back to my truck. I’ll probably skip the next couple of days.
Thank you for asking. I know all about the limping home. Nothing to it but to do it. Crawling would've taken so much longer :D. Couldn't bend it so the limp was obvious. Ankle is good now. I got back to it this past weekend after resting it for several gays and then working on some strengthening. Paid close attention to stretching after a walking warm-up and had no issues thankfully. Rained like crazy here overnight and all morning so I skipped the jog this morning. Will probably go work on the bowflex tonight...maybe the treadmill.

Have a great day.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends.

Enjoy the magic that is the ocean, Leon. Soak it in and maybe a little extra for the rest of us. We're gonna need more relaxation. Keep a soakin'!

Colo, don't forget to pack plenty of garlic, wooden crosses, lots of fresh underwear and turtlenecks. If I had to go to Transylvania I wouldn't even watch Twilight. I'm a scaredy cat though. Just pack more turtlenecks and buy a bra that fits you to stuff garlic in.
Be safe and keep your papers close to you. You will be missed until the real football season starts. (I'm sorry, we have horribly short attention spans.)

Have the best imitation of a good Monday everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe you should buy a bike.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends.

Enjoy the magic that is the ocean, Leon. Soak it in and maybe a little extra for the rest of us. We're gonna need more relaxation. Keep a soakin'!

Colo, don't forget to pack plenty of garlic, wooden crosses, lots of fresh underwear and turtlenecks. If I had to go to Transylvania I wouldn't even watch Twilight. I'm a scaredy cat though. Just pack more turtlenecks and buy a bra that fits you to stuff garlic in.
Be safe and keep your papers close to you. You will be missed until the real football season starts. (I'm sorry, we have horribly short attention spans.)

Have the best imitation of a good Monday everyone.
Are you saying you want Leon to be an ocean soaker? That's not very nice Xelda! :muttley:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Been awake since 3 a.m. (almost 2 hours now Midwest time). I hate when this happens. Gonna be a loooong day. Maybe I can squeeze in a nap later and really screw up my (lack of) sleep schedule.

Hope yours gets off to a better start.

Try to have a good one.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We're keeping an eye on tropical storm Dorian. Looks like it's headed close to us. We are stocking up on water, etc in the meantime. If evacuation is ordered, we''re out of here.

Enjoy your trip abroad, @ColoCowboy . I hope to hear about healthy ankles all around. @Xelda , I am soaking up hard! The snorkeling is pretty good so I'm even soaking up the water.

John813

Reaction score
Morning Pops,

Biopsy results didn't have anything terrible. Got to see another doc but it's relatively minor, so I can't complain.

Every summer I wonder why I still live in Florida. Not from the heat but the threat of hurricanes. Lol

Looks like Dorian won't be much of a storm but who knows these days. Insane how in years past they can explode in intensity like pouring gas on a bonfire.

Anywhos, hope y'all have a good Tuesday.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We're keeping an eye on tropical storm Dorian. Looks like it's headed close to us. We are stocking up on water, etc in the meantime. If evacuation is ordered, we''re out of here.

Enjoy your trip abroad, @ColoCowboy . I hope to hear about healthy ankles all around. @Xelda , I am soaking up hard! The snorkeling is pretty good so I'm even soaking up the water.
Thanks, @LeonDixson.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those unfortunate that they didn't have French people on their boat yesterday, ole CC done gone continental on all y'all. My cousin's wife's, I would call her my cousin-in-law but I am originally form Arkansas and don't want any of y'all getting the wrong idea, parents and best friends from Paris went aboatin' with yours truly. There I was sipping rose with a bunch of Frenchies as I captained my <250M yacht around Lake LBJ. I felt so worldly that I introduced myself like 007, Coach, CouchCoach.

Side note: I know some of my Cowboy brethren from across the pond have a light distaste for the people of France, kinda like how we feel about Eagles fans here, and had an involuntary rigor when they read that I have not only let French people on my boat but actually invited them, so I will put your fears to rest. Now, my brethren, I have not forsaken you for people that actually know how to cook and make wine. In fact, you will be happy to know that it was a windy day here yesterday and the seas (actually a lake but I am feeling all worldly now) were rough and I bounced their berets all over the place.

I think, as Americans, and at times I can think like one, we forget we've got that food draw for foreigners that countries like France and Italy have for Americans. These folks love them some American food and can't get their fill as I watched them scarfing Tex-Mex at lunch yesterday and oh yes, Tex-Mex is most definitely American, and they're nuts for BBQ.

This is the last Tuesday of this month in this year, you will do get a do over so make the best of it and treat it as Hump Day Eve.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those unfortunate that they didn't have French people on their boat yesterday, ole CC done gone continental on all y'all. My cousin's wife's, I would call her my cousin-in-law but I am originally from Arkansas and don't want any of y'all getting the wrong idea, parents and best friends from Paris went aboatin' with yours truly. There I was sipping rose with a bunch of Frenchies as I captained my <250M yacht around Lake LBJ. I felt so worldly that I introduced myself like 007, Coach, CouchCoach.

Side note: I know some of my Cowboy brethren from across the pond have a light distaste for the people of France, kinda like how we feel about Eagles fans here, and had an involuntary rigor when they read that I have not only let French people on my boat but actually invited them, so I will put your fears to rest. Now, my brethren, I have not forsaken you for people that actually know how to cook and make wine. In fact, you will be happy to know that it was a windy day here yesterday and the seas (actually a lake but I am feeling all worldly now) were rough and I bounced their berets all over the place.

I think, as Americans, and at times I can think like one, we forget we've got that food draw for foreigners that countries like France and Italy have for Americans. These folks love them some American food and can't get their fill as I watched them scarfing Tex-Mex at lunch yesterday and oh yes, Tex-Mex is most definitely American, and they're nuts for BBQ.

This is the last Tuesday of this month in this year, you will not get a do over so make the best of it and treat it as Hump Day Eve.
FIFM

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops,

Biopsy results didn't have anything terrible. Got to see another doc but it's relatively minor, so I can't complain.

Every summer I wonder why I still live in Florida. Not from the heat but the threat of hurricanes. Lol

Looks like Dorian won't be much of a storm but who knows these days. Insane how in years past they can explode in intensity like pouring gas on a bonfire.

Congrats on the good news!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops,

Excellent news John!

Always good when someone has positive news!...or at least not overly negative news!