FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who decides to stop in and visit.

It's Thursday and I'm happy about it. Tomorrow is Friday and you know that's always a good deal IMO.

Xelda, it's OK to feel like life might be trying to pull you back, you can get past that. Just don't ever look back because that's when it does catch you. Look forward and you are always ahead of the curve girl!

RW, last night we had a lightning strike here that was so close, it felt like it was in my back yard. I literally could feel it in my chest. Rained a little but it wasn't bad. Just mainly the lightning.

Nothing wrong with learning basic mechanics Jan. The problem is, once you get into it, the tools that will eventually follow, will put you in the poor house. I mean, it must be like what happens to people who watch Soap Operas. You do it once or twice and then it sucks you right in, only in the case of tools, it's a never ending thing. You always need more because they always make more. It's crazy girl.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all OK. I'm looking forward to watching the next Pre Season game! Have a great day everybody!

Folks, do yourself a favor to day and if you haven' listened to People Get Ready, by the Impressions (Curtis Mayfield) for awhile, go ring it up and give it a listen. It's a great song and it just makes me feel better every time I listen to it. Weekend is right around the corner!

John813

Reaction score
Morning Pops,

How's everyones week shaping up?

Planning on getting the note 10+ tomorrow.
Looking forward to another weekend of football.

Speaking of members, has anyone kept in contact with Trouty?
Usually messaged him back and forth for a bit and noticed he went quiet on here and a hockey forum.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops,

Usually messaged him back and forth for a bit and noticed he went quiet on here and a hockey forum.
I asked about him in the beer thread and they said he's be back soon, still had some things to take care of.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Thank you all for your encouraging words. It means a lot to me. The radiation team seemed giddy. While I was being led back and told what to do of which state my birthday was one. Then more people started talking and one of them asked me about a birthday and I said "I don't know. I just met her... oh, my birthday." It got them gong. It was the A team which loves me. Tuesday was the indifferent B team. I felt like an old car with the stickers and permanent markers in black and blue on me. Black first day, blue second day. I'm grateful there won't be a third and fourth day since they did both sides at once. My doctor is named Wang but insists on being called Wong. My guess is he got the memo.

Glad you're safe, Runny. That was a terribly close call. Yankee lightning seeks Cowboy fans (we call that profilin'). Down here, lightning seeks out bandwagon fans of teams north of the Mason Dixie line. Everybody knows once a tornado gets out of Oklahoma, they're sniffing around for trailer parks. I'm awfully grateful you didn't have to deal with one of those.

Hey Colo if you see any snakes while mowing, mow them down. Show no mercy. Lower the blades and go to town!

We haven't had much rain here, RGV. My little fat healthy plants are starting to look like refugees.

@John813 I saw in the beer thread that Trouty was off chasing women at the time and I believe he was seeking more education in order to meet industrious women. Someone in that thread sees him from time to time. Chasing women doesn't slow anyone else down, so he must be extra focused.

Have a good Humpity Hump to the second power day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who decides to stop in and visit.

It's Thursday and I'm happy about it. Tomorrow is Friday and you know that's always a good deal IMO.

Xelda, it's OK to feel like life might be trying to pull you back, you can get past that. Just don't ever look back because that's when it does catch you. Look forward and you are always ahead of the curve girl!

RW, last night we had a lightning strike here that was so close, it felt like it was in my back yard. I literally could feel it in my chest. Rained a little but it wasn't bad. Just mainly the lightning.

Nothing wrong with learning basic mechanics Jan. The problem is, once you get into it, the tools that will eventually follow, will put you in the poor house. I mean, it must be like what happens to people who watch Soap Operas. You do it once or twice and then it sucks you right in, only in the case of tools, it's a never ending thing. You always need more because they always make more. It's crazy girl.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all OK. I'm looking forward to watching the next Pre Season game! Have a great day everybody!

Folks, do yourself a favor to day and if you haven' listened to People Get Ready, by the Impressions (Curtis Mayfield) for awhile, go ring it up and give it a listen. It's a great song and it just makes me feel better every time I listen to it. Weekend is right around the corner!
If you remember what I said about reaching for the drawstring to open the blinds, the last time I reached for that window during a storm was quite a few years ago. Back before I replaced the windows, they were aluminum frame, and I reached to close that same window, and as I did, lightning struck the tree about 20 feet away. I decided the window could stay open for a while. That's the big, two trunk oak tree that I need to have taken down now, before it falls.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops,

I've been wondering about him myself. Hopefully his lack of communication here is related to staying sober. I wish him the best in that regard.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Xel, I pray for the best possible outcome for you, as well as strength, stubbornness and patience. I never had to deal with radiation, just the chemo (before and after surgery) but know plenty of people who have and their strength amazes me. Come to think of it, they are all just plain ornery and that's probably what got them through. Listen to Coach. He's on to something there. You got this, chica!

ABQ, all I need is the basics. I have Leroy for the rest, for now. I let him know every time he does work for me that I'd be lost without him. I just need to know how to fend for myself a little bit when it comes to basic maintenance. (Props to you for the Curtis Mayfield reference. Great time in music history.)

Hey Runny... ever wonder what it is about the electricity of a fantastic thunderstorm or other weather that drives us to do questionable things? A couple years ago I was living in a neighboring apartment and we had this hellacious storm come through right along the banks of the river. Like, we had a legit tornado come through parts of downtown, the edge of which skimmed through about a block away. I love a good thunderstorm, wind, lightning...all that but that weird color the sky turns pulled me to the window and I'm sitting there watching absolutely nothing. You could see the weird color but the winds were blowing so hard and with the rain you literally couldn't see anything but the debris blowing by. I was not in a ground floor apartment so it was super impressive for stuff to be blowing that high up. Realized after the fact I was probably pretty fortunate not to have come away with a face full of broken glass.

Everyone have a great Friday, enjoy your weekend, stay ornery, laugh your way through the tough spots and don't wander into the yard sporting a sword and viking helmet to challenge the storm, although it sounds like a great way to give the weekend a boost...:D.

Best to all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you remember what I said about reaching for the drawstring to open the blinds, the last time I reached for that window during a storm was quite a few years ago. Back before I replaced the windows, they were aluminum frame, and I reached to close that same window, and as I did, lightning struck the tree about 20 feet away. I decided the window could stay open for a while. That's the big, two trunk oak tree that I need to have taken down now, before it falls.

I don't know Brother, but I think I might be going to Church on more then just Sunday, if I were you. LOL........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to any who decide to stop in and visit this thread.

I do hope that all of you are having a great day and that you are planning on something to enjoy this weekend. We have the Cowboys so there is that!

Folks, you never know what life holds for you. It can be great or it can be trying, or it can be over before you know it. Live it to the fullest and enjoy it because it does have a shelf life. Some chase fame, they want to be remembered for something. I was a little obsessed with this when I was young. I didn't want to go and be forgotten. It took me some time to realize what was important. Doesn't really matter what people remember me for. What matters is that people around me are happy and that my children are able to lead a happy life, even after my time is up. Those things are important to me. Once I was able to understand that, my life became much better. Not every day, mind you, but I got no complaints so far. Everybody, value your time, value the people who are important to you and yours. Above all, enjoy the ride.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, everybody on this list, you are important to me. Of course, I value a good cup of coffee too so you gotta weigh that but just want you guys to know.

Everyone, have a great weekend and enjoy the hell out of it. Know that you are important and that your lives matter. Have fun with it but be careful. Come back Monday to start it all over again because that's really the fun of it, though you may not always know it.

Happy Friday Everybody!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I'm on my new computer and got my password reset, so I'm back in business! Just because it's a new computer does not give me permission to act up, which shows how my mind works. :D It gets crowded in there and I'm not always articulate in my thoughts, but each of you matters to me as well. (Shame on me for trying to steal ABQ's thunder. Not intended, but it's a good thought that bears repeating.)
Good morning Pops and time to get our Pops thread working it's magic for Xelda. It goes without saying our thoughts and prayers are for a good report in December but I would like to add some CC mojo for you to keep your mind positive and don't let the drift take place and take you to an unhappy place.

Xelda, you've got an incredible sense of humor and I think you have the gift. The gift I was given, the ability to make yourself laugh to take you from where you don't want to be to where you should be. At the first sign of a drift, use that gift because I know you are laughing when you put some of your humor up here. I don't know how you could keep from laughing.

Laughter and love your way, girlfriend.
Thank you so much, Coach. I'll confess that most of my fall out of the chair laughing stuff gets deleted. Some stuff had me laughing for hours. I consider that my humor may not suit everyone, but I've had some good times typing it. Some would be amused where as others would wish I'd take it to the beer thread.

Jan, I'm probably one of the most stubborn people you could meet. Even when the ship is sinking, I've got the flag flying high and it isn't white. I went through a class for chemo and they said optimistic people have the highest survival rate. I thought "I'm dead". They said one other group has an equally high survival rate, stubborn people. I thought "I'LL LIVE!!!!" and I have. Thank goodness for that clause.

Have a good Friday everyone! I'll be back after I've put my new computer to the test.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. I'm on my new computer and got my password reset, so I'm back in business! Just because it's a new computer does not give me permission to act up, which shows how my mind works. :D It gets crowded in there and I'm not always articulate in my thoughts, but each of you matters to me as well. (Shame on me for trying to steal ABQ's thunder. Not intended, but it's a good thought that bears repeating.)

Thank you so much, Coach. I'll confess that most of my fall out of the chair laughing stuff gets deleted. Some stuff had me laughing for hours. I consider that my humor may not suit everyone, but I've had some good times typing it. Some would be amused where as others would wish I'd take it to the beer thread.

Jan, I'm probably one of the most stubborn people you could meet. Even when the ship is sinking, I've got the flag flying high and it isn't white. I went through a class for chemo and they said optimistic people have the highest survival rate. I thought "I'm dead". They said one other group has an equally high survival rate, stubborn people. I thought "I'LL LIVE!!!!" and I have. Thank goodness for that clause.

Have a good Friday everyone! I'll be back after I've put my new computer to the test.
Don't feel too bad, some of my best stuff is in locked threads that they didn't bother telling me that they were closing it and throwing away the key. It's my own fault because of my loquaciousness. However, in my defense, I have words expiring in my head and it's use'em or lose'em.

I never worry about whether my humor is acceptable or not, no one is forced to read it and I assume different senses of humor since that's so subjective. And while we do it for others, we really do it for ourselves...….because we can.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't feel too bad, some of my best stuff is in locked threads that they didn't bother telling me that they were closing it and throwing away the key. It's my own fault because of my loquaciousness. However, in my defense, I have words expiring in my head and it's use'em or lose'em.

I never worry about whether my humor is acceptable or not, no one is forced to read it and I assume different senses of humor since that's so subjective. And while we do it for others, we really do it for ourselves...….because we can.
Anyone that can introduce "loquaciousness" in a CZ thread deserves more than a simple 'like'; you deserve a "mighty big like"!

:clap:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to any who decide to stop in and visit this thread.

I do hope that all of you are having a great day and that you are planning on something to enjoy this weekend. We have the Cowboys so there is that!

Folks, you never know what life holds for you. It can be great or it can be trying, or it can be over before you know it. Live it to the fullest and enjoy it because it does have a shelf life. Some chase fame, they want to be remembered for something. I was a little obsessed with this when I was young. I didn't want to go and be forgotten. It took me some time to realize what was important. Doesn't really matter what people remember me for. What matters is that people around me are happy and that my children are able to lead a happy life, even after my time is up. Those things are important to me. Once I was able to understand that, my life became much better. Not every day, mind you, but I got no complaints so far. Everybody, value your time, value the people who are important to you and yours. Above all, enjoy the ride.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, everybody on this list, you are important to me. Of course, I value a good cup of coffee too so you gotta weigh that but just want you guys to know.

Everyone, have a great weekend and enjoy the hell out of it. Know that you are important and that your lives matter. Have fun with it but be careful. Come back Monday to start it all over again because that's really the fun of it, though you may not always know it.

Happy Friday Everybody!
I enjoy and appreciate your philosophic take on life . Salud!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I, for one, am very happy that you're stubborn...of course, I don't have to live with you, but thanks to your stubbornness, someone may get that chance!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Good for you. Stubborn gets it done. Living proof right here.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend! About a mile down the beach to the west of our condo is an abandoned building. It is/was the Xanadu Hotel, Resort and Marina. It started as a condo complex until it was purchased by Howard Hughes and turned into a hotel. His staff occupied the penultimate floor and he lay naked in a naughahyde Barkalounger on the top floor for two years of the paranoid and bacteriaphobic part of his life. To the east of us is a house owned by a shady character involved in a life of crime. O.J. Simpson used to visit him and spend time there. The shady guy was eventually found dead in his car in a canal. O.j. is not believed to have been involved in the murder. :muttley: Now my paranoia has got me wondering what infamy is going to befall me. Y'all enjoy your day.