FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. cbz40 .

I lost a family member today. My uncle. Technically yesterday actually. It's a tough one.

Prayers for his kids.

Leon, sorry to hear about that melanoma. Prayers for you too. Hope all goes well.

I've been sidelined for too damn long now battling through 2 injuries. Totally sucks.
Sorry for your loss... will add you and the family to the ever growing list

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My wife is going to California for a few days to attend a craft fair with our daughter, who lives there. I'll be taking her to the airport this morning. This afternoon I go to the mohs doctor so he can cut a bigger hole in my neck where the melanoma was. Talk about a pain in the neck. We have rain and thunder this morning.
Good luck to you with your procedure, Leon. Hopes and prayers all goes as planned.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We are entering day 4 of snowmaggeden. The total amount off snow isn't that great - about 1.5 feet over the past few days - but it has been fairly continuous. I have cleared the driveway so many times with the snowblower that I could probably audition as a Zamboni operator.

And, to top it all off, the temperatures have dipped to a bone-chillling 0 F. We actually went for a walk yesterday morning when the temperatures were hovering around 10 F. What were we thinking?

To all, a very good morning!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My wife is going to California for a few days to attend a craft fair with our daughter, who lives there. I'll be taking her to the airport this morning. This afternoon I go to the mohs doctor so he can cut a bigger hole in my neck where the melanoma was. Talk about a pain in the neck. We have rain and thunder this morning.
Good luck, Leon. And I must say, you lead a not boring life. If they're not sticking you in the eye with a needle, they're digging things out of you and when you decide to take a break, you go to the islands to fight a hurricane. And I thought I was doing something going outside when it's under 60 to smoke a cigar. To top it off, you're up at 4am and finding peace and joy in the solitude while I whine about sleeping alone.

You shame me, my man, just shame me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. cbz40 .

I lost a family member today. My uncle. Technically yesterday actually. It's a tough one.

Prayers for his kids.

Leon, sorry to hear about that melanoma. Prayers for you too. Hope all goes well.

I've been sidelined for too damn long now battling through 2 injuries. Totally sucks.
Sorry for your loss and your injuries. Makes me think of all those times I scoffed at my parents comment "you've got your health, you've got it all" but they knew what I was to learn.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Sorry for your loss Toddy. Hoping and praying all goes well Leon.

The temp is a muggy 83 right now but supposed to dip to 45 tonight brr. Maybe it’s a good thing I brought some cold weather clothes after all.

Have a great hump day everyone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3escbe.jpg
:laugh:

DABZ! I'm hurt! You went shopping without me. I haven't got a clue what you're going to do with all those pumpkins unless mischief is involved.
:muttley:

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Best wishes are going with you to and from the doctor, Leon. Here's hoping he's not got his sights on China as he digs into your neck. With your wife gone, however.... Hellow Halloween candy free of guilt!

God be with you and all your family to bring you through your loss, Toddy. Saying goodbye is never easy if it's a valued family member. Take care of and give yourself permission to grieve as you see fit.

Keep the good stories coming Colo( and Jan too). It helps us Southern folks appreciate our longitude since our attitudes are riled up in most of the year.

You are very brave to have a cigar in such inhospitable temperatures, Coach. We always suspected you were a mountain man (in a hot tub, smoking a cigar with a large bowl of good Halloween candy and fully stocked bar within reach) at heart. They just don't make them like you any more.

I knew you had it in you Dabz. Your art teacher would be so proud.

The temperature is supposed to drop to 37 one night this week. I ran out and covered my faucets. I know it's not freezing, but I'm signaling the front yard that I'm tired of maintaining it. The bushes had gone wild again, so I attacked them before the rain. I hope they take the hint and go into hibernation peacefully.

Joyous hump day!

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and your injuries. Makes me think of all those times I scoffed at my parents comment "you've got your health, you've got it all" but they knew what I was to learn.

Thanks CC.

The best things in life are given to us for free. Not many understand that.

Waiting again for someone to get back to me.

Tick-Tock where's that other doc?

In the meantime I'll check with my other treating physician ... Dr. Pepper!

Tell ya what. Steroid injections in the back suck but trying to avoid surgery. And then the next injury can be looked at and treated. It's the waiting game that's ticking me off!

Hey young kids. Never injure your back and knee at the same time! Dual Injuries are a pain in the (blank)!

A word to the wise from the wise!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks CC.

The best things in life are given to us for free. Not many understand that.

Waiting again for someone to get back to me.

Tick-Tock where's that other doc?

In the meantime I'll check with my other treating physician ... Dr. Pepper!

Tell ya what. Steroid injections in the back suck but trying to avoid surgery. And then the next injury can be looked at and treated. It's the waiting game that's ticking me off!

Hey young kids. Never injure your back and knee at the same time! Dual Injuries are a pain in the (blank)!

A word to the wise from the wise!!!
Toddy, I had two rounds of those injections and the first round worked, pain free for a year but they are not pleasant to go through and the last thing they had to tell me was to lie still for awhile. Tried the 2nd round but not as good. Also had luck with my first round of acupuncture treatments but not the 2nd round and developed a menstrual cycle so I think she put the needles in the wrong place.

I was told by my Internist that if I could buy time long enough and the pain wasn't too bad, my back would fix itself. And that happened because at some point, my hip went bad and I continued to think it was my back. I don't know how long this had been going on but I traded the old broken down one in for Hector, my right hip man, and haven't had any back issues other than the unusual that most refined mature gentlemen my age encounter.

You right about those gifts in life and if we live long enough, they're all return to sender. We must learn to be more grateful for the time we had with them than the time without. Tough, really tough to do, takes a lot of self convincing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mumble, mumble, morning Pops and friends. Something went wrong in the middle of the night for me to be up before the sun. The day should not start so early. I know the sun's up somewhere, but it's over cast here so it doesn't count. Just a sleepy morning in my little hamlet. Runny is probably on his 4th or 5th stop by now. Coach is in the bed, inappropriately grabbing pillows as he dreams about widder wimmens. Leon is enjoying his 4th cup of coffee as he contemplates golf math and gumbo. RGV is running from gators. ABQ is missing his wife about now. Dabz is laughing as she dreams of her next crazy post. Colo may or may not be clothed as he readies his snow blower. Jan sounds a little grumpy this morning so no one say anything about the weather. :eek: Xelda is sitting in a dark room griping about not being able to sleep, so it's after 8:00 and all is well.

Happy Monday my people!
I was actually on my way to my 5th stop...in Da Bronx.

Edit: Just realized that wasn't from today...Oops.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. cbz40 .

Prayers for his kids.

Sorry for your loss, Toddy...and your injuries

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was actually on my way to my 5th stop...in Da Bronx.

Edit: Just realized that wasn't from today...Oops.
S'ok, she's admitted some days she doesn't know what day it is and doesn't really care. Hell, I am only one more doc away from keeping track of the days with doctor appointments like my Mom did.

And if it makes you feel better, I was wondering where you were today as well. Xelda isn't the only one that cares.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Best wishes are going with you to and from the doctor, Leon. Here's hoping he's not got his sights on China as he digs into your neck. With your wife gone, however.... Hellow Halloween candy free of guilt!

God be with you and all your family to bring you through your loss, Toddy. Saying goodbye is never easy if it's a valued family member. Take care of and give yourself permission to grieve as you see fit.

Keep the good stories coming Colo( and Jan too). It helps us Southern folks appreciate our longitude since our attitudes are riled up in most of the year.

You are very brave to have a cigar in such inhospitable temperatures, Coach. We always suspected you were a mountain man (in a hot tub, smoking a cigar with a large bowl of good Halloween candy and fully stocked bar within reach) at heart. They just don't make them like you any more.

I knew you had it in you Dabz. Your art teacher would be so proud.

The temperature is supposed to drop to 37 one night this week. I ran out and covered my faucets. I know it's not freezing, but I'm signaling the front yard that I'm tired of maintaining it. The bushes had gone wild again, so I attacked them before the rain. I hope they take the hint and go into hibernation peacefully.

Joyous hump day!
It is now 8:30 pm, 32° and snowing:). I seem to be the only one in my office thrilled at the idea of snow...and the only one without a commute to work. I'm sure it's pure coincidence. I mean c'mon people! Lighten up. It's only maaaaybeee 3".

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. First of all, and most important, thank all of your for your well wishes. It means a lot to me. The surgery on my neck went well but is very sore this morning. The doctor reassured me that there was no danger (zero) of the cell spreading because it was caught early, and only a 2 to 3% chance of eventually growing back. I woke up happy this morning even though my beloved is away. Or maybe it's because she's away. No it's in spite of the fact she's away.

Taking my wife to DFW, the airport, was a nightmare yesterday morning. Hwy 20 is almost always crowded but, there was an accident so we were stop and go for 20 miles. We finally got on 360 and were able to move along okay for awhile but then it was stop and go again. Another accident. By this time we were up against the schedule for my wife's flight. It's a good thing we left early because the trip took almost an hour longer than normal.

@Hot_Toddy , Prayers to God for you and your family. I also said a prayer for your back.

Have a great day, Y'all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. First of all, and most important, thank all of your for your well wishes. It means a lot to me. The surgery on my neck went well but is very sore this morning. The doctor reassured me that there was no danger (zero) of the cell spreading because it was caught early, and only a 2 to 3% chance of eventually growing back. I woke up happy this morning even though my beloved is away. Or maybe it's because she's away. No it's in spite of the fact she's away.

Taking my wife to DFW, the airport, was a nightmare yesterday morning. Hwy 20 is almost always crowded but, there was an accident so we were stop and go for 20 miles. We finally got on 360 and were able to move along okay for awhile but then it was stop and go again. Another accident. By this time we were up against the schedule for my wife's flight. It's a good thing we left early because the trip took almost an hour longer than normal.

@Hot_Toddy , Prayers to God for you and your family. I also said a prayer for your back.

Have a great day, Y'all.
Wow traffic? What was that like? It must've been a nightmare!! ;)

Glad you got rid of....err, got her to the airport on time!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Have a great day, Y'all.
Good news, @LeonDixson ! Congratulations and Godspeed. I am sure your doctor will have you on an accelerated skin check schedule - don't skip those check-ups.

@Hot_Toddy, sorry for your loss. I always struggle with what to say when someone loses a friend or family member. For me, I am comforted by the thoughts and prayers from others...