FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. First of all, and most important, thank all of your for your well wishes. It means a lot to me. The surgery on my neck went well but is very sore this morning. The doctor reassured me that there was no danger (zero) of the cell spreading because it was caught early, and only a 2 to 3% chance of eventually growing back. I woke up happy this morning even though my beloved is away. Or maybe it's because she's away. No it's in spite of the fact she's away.

Taking my wife to DFW, the airport, was a nightmare yesterday morning. Hwy 20 is almost always crowded but, there was an accident so we were stop and go for 20 miles. We finally got on 360 and were able to move along okay for awhile but then it was stop and go again. Another accident. By this time we were up against the schedule for my wife's flight. It's a good thing we left early because the trip took almost an hour longer than normal.

@Hot_Toddy , Prayers to God for you and your family. I also said a prayer for your back.

Have a great day, Y'all.
I spent 9 nine years of my life going to that airport about 45 times a year and do not miss one minute of it. It truly is one of man's creations that keeps getting worse the more they try to make it better.

Ya know what ya did here, ya made me happier than I was before I came here. I flashed back to how I felt so many of those mornings headed to an airport I didn't want to go to get on a plane I didn't want to get on to go to a city I didn't want to be in alone while leaving my wife and son, soon to be two, at home to live life through me at the end of a phone line. I had trapped myself in a job making too much money to get off the road, what we do for the money.

So, my friends, feeling a little down, think of what you could be doing but not in that fantasy form, think real, what you might be doing if not for what you're doing now. It helps if you've done it before as Leon's trip has already changed my focus this morning.

Glad the procedure went well for you, Leon.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and my fellow stay-at-home-undisguised-trick-r-treaters celebrating that we don't have to go door to door threatening home owners in order to get a sugar fix. It's unabashed extortion and we're accomplices and in some cases, left holding the bag, if you take the youngest extortionists on their crime spree.

I've got my sign ready to go on the front door. "The candy is danger free as I've had it x-rayed, many times, so you don't have to and a warning. I looked at the x-rays on these Whatchamallit's and their aptly named; however, I would have named them Whatthehellisthat".

Actually, I am fed up with turning these poor children into sugar hounds and future fatsos with diabetes and driving up the cost of healthcare for all of us, particularly us because it's plain to see we need a hell of a lot of healthcare. So, with their health and our nest eggs in mind, I will not be giving out candy. I am giving out celery sticks, carrot sticks, broccoli flowerets and small cans of sardines. I will be staying at Leon's place in the Bahamas while the repairs are made.

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy Halloween and good morning Pops and friends. I hated to, but finally turned the heat on this morning. It was 65 in the house and my dog wouldn't let me burrow under the covers all morning. I had a sweater close by that's a hoodie and grabbed it, trying to force one arm through the hood. There's got to be one last push of hot to the area before we settle into short days and ice on the roads.
Good news on the neck, Leon. Now that you've got all that Halloween candy to yourself, you've got all day to contemplate what to do with it. Do you really want to get a bunch of midgets in drag on a sugar high to torment their parents or save it for when you need an energy boost on the golfus course? I'm not trying to put ideas in your head, but there's a lot to contemplate today. I didn't buy any Halloween candy but I've got a bunch of individually wrapped dark chocolates in my fridge that I don't want. If pressed into service, those will be the first to go. After that, dried pinto beans and spaghetti noodles. Trick or Treat!

Wow traffic? What was that like? It must've been a nightmare!! ;)

Glad you got rid of....err, got her to the airport on time!
OOOOOH! I can't believe you went there, but you did!
VeneratedBlackHoneycreeper-size_restricted.gif

I'm so proud of you.

Thank you for your words of wisdom, Coach. All I have to do is look at that picture of Colo in the snow to appreciate Southern heat a little more. I know your meaning is much deeper and I find things here and there that give me that sense of contentment with my life.

My other dog has decided I've been on the computer too long. Her farts have rendered this room inhospitable. Have a safe and good Halloween everyone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who decided to stop in and visit this Halloween Thursday.

Hot Toddy, sorry to hear your news. That's always a deal. I hope it gets better for you and your entire family soon.

Leon, Brother (!), sorry to hear that you have to go under the knife again (so to speak) but really glad that it's being taken care of early! BTW, if your Wife is anywhere near the Park with the Fat Mouse, I'll call my Wife and ask her to find her and treat her to lunch!

Colo, sound like you are running a good 10 degrees colder then we are here. Sorry for your luck Brother but glad it's not me!

Coach, no candy this year huh.............. OK well, I'm hoping they stop at just egging your house and don't actually give you the full blown "No Candy Giving Old Man" treatment.

86a3a9641c50dec21883e8ecee8c14a9.png

RW, what do you dress up as to go spend Halloween at Hooters?

57566917_4bf46af13f.jpg

Dabs, Jan, Xelda, RGV, I got nothing other then to say that I hope you all have a great Halloween!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a wonderful evening. Eat lots of Candy!

Everybody, be safe, be careful of all the little Boos out there and enjoy your Halloween!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dabs, Jan, Xelda, RGV, I got nothing other then to say that I hope you all have a great Halloween! Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a wonderful evening. Eat lots of Candy!

Everybody, be safe, be careful of all the little Boos out there and enjoy your Halloween!
3exk22.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Mornin'/ Heck actually afternoon pops and fellow CZ members. Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah dang, I lost a lot of people through the last few years. EMBRACE EVERY MOMENT and take nothing for granted.

Yeah, dang I thought I was done with those steroid injections in the back after one injury long ago. Took a long time to get it back up to par.

Then one more twist-type accident. Set me back to square one with the back and has hindered the PT for the knee.

The back most likely wouldn't be an issue if people listened to me. But at least those shots are working to get the nerve relieved (sciatica/radiculapathy/or whatever it's called). Getting close, one more shot to go. The knee, I dunno never been through that one before. But was told to keep going through it, both with the back and knee. Worsened it in my opinion (think of the RG3 injury here). But yeah the dual injury complicates it. So have delays and wires getting crossed (so to speak) by a few others in my opinion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mornin'/ Heck actually afternoon pops and fellow CZ members. Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah dang, I lost a lot of people through the last few years. EMBRACE EVERY MOMENT and take nothing for granted.

Yeah, dang I thought I was done with those steroid injections in the back after one injury long ago. Took a long time to get it back up to par.

Then one more twist-type accident. Set me back to square one with the back and has hindered the PT for the knee.

The back most likely wouldn't be an issue if people listened to me. But at least those shots are working to get the nerve relieved (sciatica/radiculapathy/or whatever it's called). Getting close, one more shot to go. The knee, I dunno never been through that one before. But was told to keep going through it, both with the back and knee. Worsened it in my opinion (think of the RG3 injury here). But yeah the dual injury complicates it. So have delays and wires getting crossed (so to speak) by a few others in my opinion.
Toddy, listen to your body. Damn, I am rhymin' Simon today. Your body speaks to you and I ain't talkin' after chili, heed the warnings and if the ones don't listen to you now, find others.

Now, I don't take that advice because my body is a liar. It keeps telling me "CC enough, enough, can't take much more". Did all those climbers going up Everest listen to their bodies? No and if that's good enough for them, who am I to say? They didn't have to climb back down now did they?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops.

Not a good one. Woke up this morning to find a branch from my dead oak tree had smashed my windshield. It's a good thing my niece moved out, because a pine branch about 8 inches in diameter and 14 feet long is laying right where she used to park.

Don't know what my deductible is, but I doubt it will make me feel better when I find out.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops.

Not a good one. Woke up this morning to find a branch from my dead oak tree had smashed my windshield. It's a good thing my niece moved out, because a pine branch about 8 inches in diameter and 14 feet long is laying right where she used to park.

Don't know what my deductible is, but I doubt it will make me feel better when I find out.

Oooooo... sorry to hear about that Runny. Car repairs suck. In the middle of those myself too. Thankfully I have a "car guy" so I'm gonna get a big break on the cost ($570 vs $1200ish) but that's more money out of my house savings. Hopefully you get out with less chafing on the wallet than expected.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oooooo... sorry to hear about that Runny. Car repairs suck. In the middle of those myself too. Thankfully I have a "car guy" so I'm gonna get a big break on the cost ($570 vs $1200ish) but that's more money out of my house savings. Hopefully you get out with less chafing on the wallet than expected.
Thanks Doll! I've never had a windshield replaced, and I don't even know if my insurance covers it, though I think it does.

Sounds like your mechanic has a crush on you! ;)

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Thanks Doll! I've never had a windshield replaced, and I don't even know if my insurance covers it, though I think it does.

Sounds like your mechanic has a crush on you! ;)
I don't think so. He's had two girlfriends and two kids since my guy passed away 3-1/2years ago. He's just a big flirt:D. But seriously, he's legit (manages a chain location auto repair place) and likes the work so he helps everyone on the side that he can like that. I've referred family and friends to him and he does the same for them too.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Already through my first cup of tea and awaiting sunrise.

All this talk about auto repair reminds me that I need to replace the tires on my pickup before winter really sets in. Good thing this only happens every 4 years or so as a good set of all weather, all terrain tires are quite expensive. As much as I detest Costco (for me, it is more an issue of the crazies in the parking lot than the actual store itself), I just might check out their winter sales.

So, what are your plans for the late fall and winter this year? We are attending a close friend's eldest son's wedding in Louisville, Kentucky in early December. We have never been to Kentucky, so aside from the wedding we are checking out places to go and things to see... a few of the distilleries feature in my "must do" list.

My mother, who is 84, will visit us for Christmas this year. She lives in a retirement community in San Antonio and this will be her first visit to our home since we retired to Colorado. She is frail, but feisty -- I suspect neither my wife nor our cats will be the same after her visit.

Oh, and my wife is visiting her family in Russia in late November. I am not accompanying her this year -- while she visits once a year, I visit every other year. So, I will be left alone with the cats for a couple of weeks. I plan to "saturation watch" college and professional football.

What's on your fall agenda?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops.

Tough luck, my bud.