FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who have made a point to visit the thread.

Well, Halloween last night, went to Sams yesterday and bought about a 100 bucks worth of Candy. We got about 5 Trick or Treaters.... I tell ya, one of these days I will learn. Wife told me not to buy a lot but of course I didn't listen. We moved about 4 years ago to a smaller house, after the last kid moved out (Sort Of) and we just don't get as many kids coming out. Used to be that it was 40 to 50 every year, some years around a 100 kids. Now, just not much. I don't know if it's the Neighborhood or just the changes in the last few years. Now, you have things like the local constabulary who put on Halloween Haunted House functions for the kids, you have different things put on by organizations like the Lodges, various clubs, and the City Municipal with the Fire Dept and Police Dept did a thing at local parks for Halloween for the kids as well. Also, we have a thing they call "Trunk and Treat", which is basically a deal where everybody takes Candy and you set up in parking lots or parks or anywhere designated as a "Trunk and Treat" location and you just bring the Candy there and kids go from Car to Car (or Truck around here) and you give candy out from the trunk. People decorate their Vehicals and that's how they do it now. Lots of different stuff going on now. I guess it's good but I can't help but feel like maybe time has moved on a little bit and the days of going door to door might have passed. I hope not, but I don't know? Anyway, slow night last night.

:laugh:

How was everybody else's Halloween?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well!

Everyone, welcome to Friday! Everybody, have a great Weekend, stay warm and have fun but, be very careful. Need everyone back for Monday!

Go Cowboys!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Sorry to hear about the weather in Runny Town, but glad about the zero deductible. I've had a windshield replaced. Don't worry, it won't hurt. The really sucky part is the rock that flies up the day after to put a chip in that shiny new windshield.

Toddy, avoid surgery as long as you can. I've got a cousin that's been through many back surgeries and he's still in pain. I bought him a heating pad with something that attaches it to his shoulders. He was very appreciative of it. Much more than the $30 worth of gift wrap on a box of Beaudreaux's Butt Paste or the chocolate wrapped pretzels that I kept because two were broken. I was going to send him the rest, but I broke those on purpose. They were good.

Happy half off Halloween candy day everyone!

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Toddy, listen to your body. Damn, I am rhymin' Simon today. Your body speaks to you and I ain't talkin' after chili, heed the warnings and if the ones don't listen to you now, find others.

Now, I don't take that advice because my body is a liar. It keeps telling me "CC enough, enough, can't take much more". Did all those climbers going up Everest listen to their bodies? No and if that's good enough for them, who am I to say? They didn't have to climb back down now did they?

Morning Pops and everyone. Hey thanks CC great advice.

Yup, I listen to my body. I wish everyone knew this simple little trick.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Morning Pops.

Not a good one. Woke up this morning to find a branch from my dead oak tree had smashed my windshield. It's a good thing my niece moved out, because a pine branch about 8 inches in diameter and 14 feet long is laying right where she used to park.

Don't know what my deductible is, but I doubt it will make me feel better when I find out.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Mornin' Pops everyone and...

Run Wild. Sorry about the car. That is too bad.

Hey, wait a minute!

You know football coverage but not your vehicle coverage? C'mon man, I had faith in you! Just kidding. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and other folks.

Happy Saturday! I don't have Monday off, so it's a regular Saturday today. But I have Tuesday off, so I can watch the game Monday night. Fortunate too, because the guy's coming Tuesday morning to replace my windshield.
:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who decide to stop in and visit today.

Wife is home from Vacation so it's always better. Slept till about 10:00 this morning, which I almost never do that, so I guess I was tired. Just needed the Wife to come on home. :laugh:

Got a few things I need to get finished up today but there is always tomorrow, no game on Sunday.

Hey RW, I'm glad the insurance thing worked out for you Brother. Sucks to be out of pocket when you have insurance.

Xelda, I suppose it's probably too much to ask to get one of those play lists that get me off my but, every morning? LOL.......

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all having a great Saturday, thus far.

Everyone, take advantage of the few days we have left with no snow and ice. Spend a few hours outside before we end up in Winterlock! Have fun, take good care.

Have a great weekend everybody!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I turned my clocks back, but my internal clock still woke me up before 5 a.m. The old 5 a.m. I'm talking about. It will take me a couple of days to acclimate. It just means more solitude time for me this morning and that's a good thing.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I turned my clocks back, but my internal clock still woke me up before 5 a.m. The old 5 a.m. I'm talking about. It will take me a couple of days to acclimate. It just means more solitude time for me this morning and that's a good thing.

Mornin' Pops. Mornin' everyone. Oh yeah, that clock thing.:omg: Thanks for reminding me Leon.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those wondering why we have to keep screwing with the time. It's now darker earlier in the pm and lighter earlier in the am but since I am usually not up to welcome the sunrise, I would prefer they leave it the hell alone but I know folks like Runny get up early for work so that's a good thing and folks like Leon get up to have a cup of coffee for what reason puzzles me but to each his own.

What I don't like is that I've got this additional hour that I could have used constructively but I was sleeping like most people, or at least trying to. If they insist on doing this, why 2am? Why not noon and get an additional lunch or 5 o'clock and enjoy an additional cocktail hour? You give people a second lunch or cocktail hour, you've got some happy people and fewer questioning why we do this.

Or, hey, how about this? We get to pick our own hour for the set back. If you screw something up, you pick that time and it's undone and you get that hour over. We'd all have to agree not to ask each other "what time is it"? for that day or violence might erupt. And speaking of that, the next time someone asks you "have you got the time", reply "for what"? instead of telling them the time. If they're so interested in the time, why don't they have a watch? I think it is irresponsible for people to count on others to keep them on time. When someone asks me and it's sunny, I pretend I am a sundial and make them work a little for it.

If you've got family or friends in Arizona or Indiana, anarchist states that do not recognize DST, call them a couple of times today and ask them what time it is, they love that. I set my iPhone to remind me to randomly call people in those states once a week just to ask them. With all the retirees in AZ, I don't know why they don't fall back an hour every day.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and those wondering why we have to keep screwing with the time. It's now darker earlier in the pm and lighter earlier in the am but since I am usually not up to welcome the sunrise, I would prefer they leave it the hell alone but I know folks like Runny get up early for work so that's a good thing and folks like Leon get up to have a cup of coffee for what reason puzzles me but to each his own.

What I don't like is that I've got this additional hour that I could have used constructively but I was sleeping like most people, or at least trying to. If they insist on doing this, why 2am? Why not noon and get an additional lunch or 5 o'clock and enjoy an additional cocktail hour? You give people a second lunch or cocktail hour, you've got some happy people and fewer questioning why we do this.

Or, hey, how about this? We get to pick our own hour for the set back. If you screw something up, you pick that time and it's undone and you get that hour over. We'd all have to agree not to ask each other "what time is it"? for that day or violence might erupt. And speaking of that, the next time someone asks you "have you got the time", reply "for what"? instead of telling them the time. If they're so interested in the time, why don't they have a watch? I think it is irresponsible for people to count on others to keep them on time. When someone asks me and it's sunny, I pretend I am a sundial and make them work a little for it.

If you've got family or friends in Arizona or Indiana, anarchist states that do not recognize DST, call them a couple of times today and ask them what time it is, they love that. I set my iPhone to remind me to randomly call people in those states once a week just to ask them. With all the retirees in AZ, I don't know why they don't fall back an hour every day.

Good morning Pops and friends. Getting ready for the trip back home. CC your post reminded me of the song by Chicago. “ Does anyone really know what time is is?”
It’s a timeless song ;)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3f5btd.gif

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score

CC that is a great post. Deep thoughts by CC. :lmao2:

I'm surprised some corporations don't take advantage of this by changing it to 5 p.m. Employee, "Time to get off work now". "No it isn't, the clock just went back an hour which you were already paid for", states the supervisor "Therefore, you have one more hour left of work time".

Or I suppose it could be beneficial to the Dallas Cowboys if there was a 'Sunday fluctuating roll-back time'.

If the Cowboys were on the brink of losing a game. A ref could just announce, "Please reset all 15 minute quarters". Thank You.

Good Ol' Benjamin Franklin was innovative with initiating it. We should follow his footsteps in this century.